T.O. article after first day of camp

SKOOBY

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AtQj...o&type=lgns

Honeymoon under way for Owens, Bills

By Dan Wetzel, Yahoo! Sports 2 hours, 22 minutes ago

Yahoo! Sports

PITTSFORD, N.Y. – Jeff Garcia(notes) went to three Pro Bowls from 2000-02 with San Francisco, then was on five different teams in five seasons.

Photo Owens did a little of everything in camp on Saturday.

(David Duprey/Getty)

Donovan McNabb(notes) threw 31 touchdowns and was in a Super Bowl after the 2004 season. By 2007 he was dealing with rumors Philadelphia would trade him. Tony Romo(notes) became a crossover superstar and a two-time Pro Bowler in Dallas. He now opens the season with questions about whether he’s indeed an elite quarterback.

Terrell Owens(notes) always leaves a mess; the exit is ugly, contentious and controversial. Entire franchises breathe easier when the enigma departs. He’s known as a quarterback killer, but in fairness, not until he’s first a quarterback maker.

EDITED FOR COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT

I did this too, so I'm not calling anyone out but it's funny how the opinion of TO changed the day he signed a contract with Buffalo. Last year we'd all be saying how much he caused problems and was a team killer but we all love him in a Buffalo uniform. Just sayin. :wallbash:

I did this too, so I'm not calling anyone out but it's funny how the opinion of TO changed the day he signed a contract with Buffalo. Last year we'd all be saying how much he caused problems and was a team killer but we all love him in a Buffalo uniform. Just sayin. :wallbash:

Oh, no. You're quite right. He's saying all the right things, and bringing a positive media spotlight to a place whose chip-on-its-shoulder is the size of a Douglas Fir. And it's nice to get the positive props for once. (Not saying the props to WNY are not well-deserved). But let's see what TSW when Owens implodes. Lemmings, anyone?

I never thought he was a team killer (media whore, yes. Not a team killer. CERTAINLY not in Dallas.)

And I hate him in a Bills uniform. Nothing more than a shameless PR move to distract the masses from the fact that the coaching sucks.

You can say that about many people, but not me. I have been a fan of TO since he played in S.F. I have always loved his talent & his sideline antics. As I posted before the way everyone on this board rags on each other, if anyone on the team can't take a little ragging.....................they are a kitty.

How cruel (yet appropriate in the context of the city of Buffalo) would it be for Owens to suffer a serious injury within the first few weeks of the season and miss the entire year, then sign with a new team next offseason. The TO/Buffalo experiment would be cut tragically short. I wouldn't be surprised if something like this happens. It is the cursed city of Buffalo, after all.

How cruel (yet appropriate in the context of the city of Buffalo) would it be for Owens to suffer a serious injury within the first few weeks of the season and miss the entire year, then sign with a new team next offseason. The TO/Buffalo experiment would be cut tragically short. I wouldn't be surprised if something like this happens. It is the cursed city of Buffalo, after all.

Ok, this is what three threads? BTW your avatar has to be against TOS.

[

Nothing more than a shameless PR move to distract the masses from the fact that the coaching sucks.

[/quote

]

And to sell tickets. If T.O. lights it up this year and the Bills go to the playoffs, those shameless, sneaky PR guys will touted as genius.

I never thought he was a team killer (media whore, yes. Not a team killer. CERTAINLY not in Dallas.)

And I hate him in a Bills uniform. Nothing more than a shameless PR move to distract the masses from the fact that the coaching sucks.

Right, that was the only reason. Because no one here has mentioned the coaching staff all off-season. :unsure: