It Might Get Loud

BLZFAN4LIFE

man....does that look great (trailer). Not a real big fan of the Edge, but who knows.....I might be after seeing this. Page could play Old McDonald and make it into an anthem....

My thoughts exactly, never really cared too much for u2 or the Edge, but for me, it doesn't get much better than Page/White.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
too bad jack white's in it. otherwise, i'd probably want to go see it.

kind of like putting dave matthews in the same movie as Robert Plant and Eddie Vedder.

or journey in a movie with the Stone and Replacements.

jw

Now I know to ignore your music opinions. <_< Jack White is one of the most talented and creative musicians in the business. While the label "icon" may be a bit premature, if he keeps going he will certainly live up to it.

Now I know to ignore your music opinions. <_< Jack White is one of the most talented and creative musicians in the business. While the label "icon" may be a bit premature, if he keeps going he will certainly live up to it.

the way he hacked up Loretta Lynn's album, somehow assuming he made it "better" with his guitar fart experimentalism was one reason i didn't like him. thanks to Lynn's still wonderful talent, the album proved to be a winner despite him. Rubin might have/should have been the better producer.

as for White's irrational and consistent ability to avoid anything approaching melody, well, if that counts for music this decade, i can see why he fits in for the most part.

jw

too bad jack white's in it. otherwise, i'd probably want to go see it.

kind of like putting dave matthews in the same movie as Robert Plant and Eddie Vedder.

or journey in a movie with the Stone and Replacements.

jw

Go see the movie. I'm not going to say you will suddenly love Jack White's music but, I guarantee you will respect his approach and him as an artist.