UFL

major

I mentioned this in another topic, but I feel there are plenty of cities that desire an NFL team. That is where I feel the UFL could step in and fill the void. Here's a few that come to mind that could get public support from having an UFL team:

1. San Antonio

2. Mexico

3. Orlando, FL

4. Oklahoma City

Honestly, this league could really take off. Like I said in another thread, can you imagine the hype/publicity if they had players like Michael Vick play for them? Jeff George could come back and throw some deep bombs, Pacman Jones could play CB, Donte Stallworth could still be a wide receiver, etc... Everyone that Roger Goodell keeps out of the NFL could sign up in the UFL. I see potential.

Orlando has a team.

Rumor is if Vick can't play in the NFL, he plays for Orlando (they own his rights, not sure how).

I don't know, I'm getting tickets :oops:

They have some good players on their team and I'm interested to see how it does first hand. Should be decent....

if anything else, the players suspended from the NFL like Vick and Pacman Jones can go to the UFL and stay sharp until they can get back into the NFL. and people like JP Losman can try to revive their careers in the UFL.

I mentioned this in another topic, but I feel there are plenty of cities that desire an NFL team. That is where I feel the UFL could step in and fill the void. Here's a few that come to mind that could get public support from having an UFL team:

1. San Antonio

2. Mexico

3. Orlando, FL

4. Oklahoma City

Honestly, this league could really take off. Like I said in another thread, can you imagine the hype/publicity if they had players like Michael Vick play for them? Jeff George could come back and throw some deep bombs, Pacman Jones could play CB, Donte Stallworth could still be a wide receiver, etc... Everyone that Roger Goodell keeps out of the NFL could sign up in the UFL. I see potential.

I too see opportunity. But the UFL needs name players and cheap tickets and that means thin profit margins and losses to start out with.

I think Jeff George wants to play and he could give the new league some legit talent, even though he's old. You can have a mix of old guys and young guys. I'd rather have the younger guys, unless they're not as good. Then I'd want the older guys.

But I see the media ignoring this league. They'll rip it like they did the XFL because they don't want to cover it. They'll call it a minor league.

If they bring in Michael Vick they'll get attention but that attention will be short lived.

The biggest mistake I see is not having enough teams. The XFL tried to get ratings with no teams in Detroit, Boston, Dallas, Denver, Baltimore/Washington, Philadelphia. The list goes on and on.

The XFL had small markets like Birmingham, Memphis and Vegas (although growing) and they were trying to get ratings?

I think the UFL and XFL should merge and bring back the uniforms of the XFL. The WWF did a great job of marketing the teams. They just didn't have the markets. The UFL could also have their own teams and logos but the brand recognition of the XFL would help.

Losman, 28, said Tuesday night he has signed with the Las Vegas entry of the start-up United Football League. He immediately becomes the league's marquee player.

J.P. Losman has signed an undisclosed, one-year contract with the Las Vegas UFL franchise.

With Las Vegas, Losman will be arguably the face of a league.

What's the over/under for total weeks this league plays this year (planned 6 week season)?

1. San Antonio

2. Mexico

3. Orlando, FL

4. Oklahoma City

Six games? Where is the revenue coming from? What are they paying these guys...minimum wage? Two years, tops.

The UFL could work as a minor league for the NFL, ala the AHL to the NHL or AAA baseball to the Major Leagues. I think it would be cool if each NFL team was assigned a farm team where they could develop young players and free agents that don't pan out with the team. I realize the CFL and Arena League exist, but they stand apart from the NFL as they have different rules and regulations. I think a minor league might be a good idea if Goodell would be interested at all.

The UFL could work as a minor league for the NFL, ala the AHL to the NHL or AAA baseball to the Major Leagues. I think it would be cool if each NFL team was assigned a farm team where they could develop young players and free agents that don't pan out with the team. I realize the CFL and Arena League exist, but they stand apart from the NFL as they have different rules and regulations. I think a minor league might be a good idea if Goodell would be interested at all.

A minor league? Besides the NCAA? :beer:

A minor league? Besides the NCAA? :rolleyes:

I mean more in terms of a pro league that serves as a developmental league for the NFL. The NHL and MLB have various minor leagues and farm teams where they can send players in need of playing time or development, or they can send down players in need of a rehab assignment. Then when they have an injury or need a roster shakeup, they call up a player(s) that is performing well in the minors for a cup of coffee and see if he sticks.

Iduno, it always seemed like an interesting idea to me. Not like it will ever happen though.

I mean more in terms of a pro league that serves as a developmental league for the NFL.

Iduno, it always seemed like an interesting idea to me. Not like it will ever happen though.

Oh, you mean like "NFL Europe(a)"?