Big Ben pull a Kobe at a Hotel??

SKOOBY

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Three things jump out at me in this discussion.

Firstly, one difference between this and the Kobe situation is that I believe the woman in the Kobe case made her allegations a few months after the incident. In this case, the allegations came to light about one year after the fact.

Secondly in the Kobe case, there were criminal charges filed against Bryant. In this case there has been no criminal charges.

Finally if this woman is a "marketing director" as her linkedin profile states, what was she doing fixing a television in his hotel room?

It's too early to make a judgement on this of course but these are serious differences in the two cases.

Amen. There are a lot of questions to be answered in this case. I wonder what conversations have been going on over the past year between Ben's attorneys and her attorneys.

Amen. There are a lot of questions to be answered in this case. I wonder what conversations have been going on over the past year between Ben's attorneys and her attorneys.

Wondering if the timing of this had anything to do with him being out in Tahoe for the celebrity golf tournament, and she took the opportunity to talk to him about extortion, er...I mean the civil case.

Maybe her gambling tab got real high (addict) & she needed Ben to bail her out??

I actually think that he did get with her and it was consensual at the time but now she is crying foul. That's the only way she would have a sliver of hope of collecting anything in a civil trial where the burden of proof neccesary to win is much less than a criminal trial.

The bolded part of your statement is about the only thing I can agree with.

I'm not going to sit here and say with 100 percent certainty this is a fabrication. Women do get sexually assaulted, even by wealthy celebrities.

That said, the legal system in this country is WAY messed up when anybody can file any kind of lawsuit and if they're proven wrong or baseless, there is virtually no consequence to screwing up someone else's life other than a loss of a little time and perhaps a few thousand $ for a lawyer. Civil court is a mainstay of those who know that by making enough noise they can get a several thousand dollar settlement to "just go away" b/c one story in the media, even if completely untrue, can mean losing millions, and b/c it's it's far less than a person/company would have to pay their lawyers.

If I were BR and I knew I were innocent, I would be looking into suing her for defamation and slander. But, then again, that just creates more stories.

I think it is ironic that a white, Super Bowl winning QB has almost the same circumstances in an incident as a black basketball player from the NBA, yet the black man is portrayed as being a monster, while the white QB's case is all about bashing the "greedy whore." Just throwing that out there.

I think it is ironic that a white, Super Bowl winning QB has almost the same circumstances in an incident as a black basketball player from the NBA, yet the black man is portrayed as being a monster, while the white QB's case is all about bashing the "greedy whore." Just throwing that out there.

link

If this were a criminal case being actively investigated by a DA, I think it would be just about the same.

Very different situation, very different facts of the case.

BTW, she's not suing for sexual assault; the allegation is defamation. Which is ironic in that she's already defamed him more (in $ terms) than he could ever defame her.

If this were a criminal case being actively investigated by a DA, I think it would be just about the same.

Gotcha.

BTW, she's not suing for sexual assault; the allegation is defamation. Which is ironic in that she's already defamed him more (in $ terms) than he could ever defame her.

:thumbsup:

You'd think that for a TV repair woman, being able to tell people you banged Big Ben would be the opposite of defamation.

I hate Kobe Bryant, but I viewed the charge against him with skepticism, and eventually she was shown to be, shall we say, of less than stellar repute.

I actually got to read some of her complaint and the transcript was very interesting.

Roethlisberger (on the phone): Excuse me Ms. McNulty, the antenna on my television seems to be broken, would you mind coming to my room to help get it up?

McNulty(on the phone, whispers):I'll be right there Mr. BIG BEN

Knock on door, Roethlisberger answers. McNulty proceeds to the television and begins lowering the antenna up and down in a rapid motion.

Roethlisberger approaches McNulty, music begins playing:

Bam-chik-a-wa wa- chik-a-wa wa...

I actually got to read some of her complaint and the transcript was very interesting.

Roethlisberger (on the phone): Excuse me Ms. McNulty, the antenna on my television seems to be broken, would you mind coming to my room to help get it up?

McNulty(on the phone, whispers):I'll be right there Mr. BIG BEN

Knock on door, Roethlisberger answers. McNulty proceeds to the television and begins lowering the antenna up and down in a rapid motion.

Roethlisberger approaches McNulty, music begins playing:

Bam-chik-a-wa wa- chik-a-wa wa...

May God have mercy on your soul.

This will be thrown out by a judge pretty quickly. You can't do a rape kit 12 months later, you probably can't look at security tape, no bruises or scratches last that long, etc... Then if you add the fact that her co-workers will testify against her (she says they are covering it up), it seems like Big Ben has a strong case for defamation.

This will be thrown out by a judge pretty quickly. You can't do a rape kit 12 months later, you probably can't look at security tape, no bruises or scratches last that long, etc... Then if you add the fact that her co-workers will testify against her (she says they are covering it up), it seems like Big Ben has a strong case for defamation.

Per the article, even though the woman is claiming sexual assault, that appears to be unrelated to the complaint contained in the civil suit. Again, she is claiming defamation, not a bodily harm.

Per the article, even though the woman is claiming sexual assault, that appears to be unrelated to the complaint contained in the civil suit. Again, she is claiming defamation, not a bodily harm.

Roethlisberger faces one civil count of assault, one civil count of sexual assault and battery, one civil count of false imprisonment, one civil count of false pretenses, one civil count of fraud, and one civil count of intentonal infliction of emtional distress.

McNulty also claims that the coworkers named in the complaint thereafter defamed her by making allegedly false and inflammatory statements, and by allegedly serving as aiders and abettors of Roethlisberger's alleged misconduct after the fact.