Now That Vick's Sentence is Over

VJ91

Wouldn't it be refreshing for Roger Goodell to end the speculation and thousands of upcoming stories, reports and features about Vick, by simply banning him from ever playing in the NFL again simply because he spent time behind bars as a convicted felon?? Thousands of companies in the freedom-loving USA would refuse to hire Vick for that very reason. Time spent behind bars really should be the line in the sand for all sports teams, in my opinion. These stupid athletes have the money and fame to get almost any crime dropped to community service or suspended sentences with probation. The very few idiots that do things so bad that they have to go to jail for even one day after sentencing, should be made the example for the rest of these rich spoiled ego-maniacs that think they can do anything they want out in public, anytime they want to and any way they want to.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say re-instate him. Everybody deserves a second chance

If he ends up in jail a second time, ban him from life from the NFL.

A second chance at what?

His second chance at being an free, mature, adult citizen began when he was released from prison.

A second chance at being a crappy NFL QB? Why is that necessary?

Let him go play with JP in the toss off league.

I say re-instate him. Everybody deserves a second chance

If he ends up in jail a second time, ban him from life from the NFL.

he's already had a few second chances...Goodell got burned by giving Pacman Jones extra chances...he'd look foolish if he lets a convicted felon do the same thing

Guest dog14787

After hearing many family oriented football fans express there distaste for allowing Michael Vick back in the League I've had a change of heart.

Everyone knows the real hero's out there are in the Military, Emergency and Rescue, and Law Enforcement, but the reality of it is our younger generation looks up to Pro Athletes and for that reason its important that athletes, at least in the NFL anyway are held to higher standards than the normal individual would be.

It breaks my heart to see someone who was so coveted and loved in the NFL, to be so hated and despised now, but Michael Vick only has himself to blame.

he's already had a few second chances...Goodell got burned by giving Pacman Jones extra chances...he'd look foolish if he lets a convicted felon do the same thing

I'm not sure Vick has had a second chance in the NFL, has he? He never had any suspendable violations in the past, at least that I can remember. As much as I hate the idea of him being in the NFL, at some point in time, I think Goodell will have to reinstate him, and let individual teams decide if they want to give him another chance. But reinstating him now, means he was never really punished by the NFL.

His entire suspension to date is basically meaningless. He couldn't have played in the NFL the past two years even if he wasn't suspended, as he was otherwise occupied (fighting the charges/making the deal/jail). Even a suspension for this year would be more symbolic than punitive. (I don't think Vick would be a significant contributor on an NFL team THIS season.) So, IMO, at least one more year of suspension, is in order, and two would be my preference.

Vick will be in the NFL again & denying him the ability to make money because of his convictions is just wrong. He ne er did anything before this dog fighting incident and served his time, let him play.

Personally, I would like Vick as a back-up for our team. He can do some wicked wildcat stuff and could really throw a few trick plays in there for us to score.

Guest dog14787
Vick will be in the NFL again & denying him the ability to make money because of his convictions is just wrong. He ne er did anything before this dog fighting incident and served his time, let him play.

Personally, I would like Vick as a back-up for our team. He can do some wicked wildcat stuff and could really throw a few trick plays in there for us to score.

I don't know you personally SKOOB, but I suspect you may not have kids that will come up and ask you "Daddy why did Micheal Vick kill dogs like our dog?"

Yet lets cheer him on, now does that seem right to you?

I don't know you personally SKOOB, but I suspect you may not have kids that will come up and ask you "Daddy why did Micheal Vick kill dogs like our dog?"

Yet lets cheer him on, now does that seem right to you?

Kobe Bryant raped and sodomized a female hotel employee, he didn't look that worried about it holding the trophy this year did he? Winning has a way of helping the memory forget doesn't it?? I say we bring on every criminal / felon we can get and pass on the character thing, it looks like we have done that already any way.

Ray Lewis is teaching now, pray for forgiveness.

PS My kids are 10 / 7, they're aren't to worried about Vick right now.

Wouldn't it be refreshing for Roger Goodell to end the speculation and thousands of upcoming stories, reports and features about Vick, by simply banning him from ever playing in the NFL again simply because he spent time behind bars as a convicted felon?? Thousands of companies in the freedom-loving USA would refuse to hire Vick for that very reason. Time spent behind bars really should be the line in the sand for all sports teams, in my opinion. These stupid athletes have the money and fame to get almost any crime dropped to community service or suspended sentences with probation. The very few idiots that do things so bad that they have to go to jail for even one day after sentencing, should be made the example for the rest of these rich spoiled ego-maniacs that think they can do anything they want out in public, anytime they want to and any way they want to.

You seem like a very unhappy and vindictive prick. The dude did a bad bad thing. The dude got arrested. The dude virtually lost almost all of his fortune. The dude served more time in prison than some bastards do for murdering human beings (OJ Simpson?). The dude is on paroll. The dude has paid his debt to society. Let the dude go in peace and if whomever wants to hire him for any legal job, that's up to them. This is the USA... and I'd hate to think that everyone is judged on stupid things they did in their youth, several years later.

Vick isn't getting a free pass... whatever he does next, because of his past, will be under a microscope. The ball is in his court to begin anew. Like everyone else, he deserves his shot. :thumbsup:

Kobe Bryant raped and sodomized a female hotel employee, he didn't look that worried about it holding the trophy this year did he? Winning has a way of helping the memory forget doesn't it?? I say we bring on every criminal / felon we can get and pass on the character thing, it looks like we have done that already any way.

Is Kobe a player on the Bills? Is he even in the NFL?

I say no to Vick. If he became a Bill, I would never watch the team again. You also misused to as it should be too.

Guest dog14787

Not to say you have to share their perspective, but having kids and probably pets you must see were other folks are coming from then. Micheal Vick has been out of the picture for awhile, it doesn't surprise me that the younger generation hasn't given it much thought, that's my point.

Well, it seems as though outright lying in your specialty:

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?s=&am...t&p=1478371

It's no surprise to see you forgot to mention the charges against Kobe were dropped for lack of evidence and a "victim" that was caught lying. Perhaps you should be teaching your children that in the USA people are innocent until found guilty. Maybe that could replace the "running a dog torture/killing enterprise is no big deal" lesson.

Your kids are probably more worried about having a father who is a chronic liar, than about the troubles of some professional athlete. At least they should be.

Well, it seems as though outright lying in your specialty:

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?s=&am...t&p=1478371

It's no surprise to see you forgot to mention the charges against Kobe were dropped for lack of evidence and a "victim" that was caught lying. Perhaps you should be teaching your children that in the USA people are innocent until found guilty. Maybe that could replace the "running a dog torture/killing enterprise is no big deal" lesson.

Your kids are probably more worried about having a father who is a chronic liar, than about the troubles of some professional athlete. At least they should be.

He bought his wife a $3 M jewelry piece because of his innocence as well, just like every guy would do. I also confused myself about another interview that I had read that he wasn't there, oops. I never went back to that thread nor do I need to chase detractors complaining about nothing. You don't have to worry about my kids, they'll be just fine.

Vick would be a better backup then what we have on the team now, my point.

He served his time in prison and paid his debt to society, lost his fortune and iconic status. The world will never look at Vick like they did before his conviction, what owner would be foolish enough to even hire the guy now? What team would want peta picketing their stadium?

Michael Jackson never went to trial for being a pedophile because he settled out of court with the family involved for 22 million dollars and prosecutors dropped the charges for various reasons *cough cough*. yet America celebrates his death like he was a hero and icon.

You seem like a very unhappy and vindictive prick. The dude did a bad bad thing. The dude got arrested. The dude virtually lost almost all of his fortune. The dude served more time in prison than some bastards do for murdering human beings (OJ Simpson?). The dude is on paroll. The dude has paid his debt to society. Let the dude go in peace and if whomever wants to hire him for any legal job, that's up to them. This is the USA... and I'd hate to think that everyone is judged on stupid things they did in their youth, several years later.

Vick isn't getting a free pass... whatever he does next, because of his past, will be under a microscope. The ball is in his court to begin anew. Like everyone else, he deserves his shot. :thumbsup:

He had his shot and he decided committing vicious crimes for a period of over 6 years was more important than his career. That scumbag will burn in hell...let him fade into obscurity.

As far as comparisons to OJ...Simpson was acquitted even though most everyone knows he was guilty. Vick was convicted. You can't jail someone acquitted of a crime...learn a little bit about the legal system...ask any elementary school student something that basic...geesh. Just don't try to be a parent or anything. I seriously have to wonder about anyone who can write off someone committing vicious crimes for a period of over 6 years as having made a mistake or doing something stupid in his youth. He's a CONVICTED FELON (He's not misunderstood, didn't make a mistake or something stupid...he willfully committed vicious crimes over the course of years..was Jeffrey Dahmer just hungry?)and there's a lot of professions you can't get a job in with that type of moniker...the NFL needs to be one of those professions.

Guest dog14787

Come on guys, we can have different opinions without the personal attacks, this is an extremely touchy topic and I for one am glad I'm not the Comish on this one because there are good arguments both ways and its a no win situation.

Regardless of what the Commissioner decides he will face allot of opposition.

He bought his wife a $3 M jewelry piece because of his innocence as well, just like every guy would do.

Every guy doesn't have that kind of cash to throw around, and not every guy's wife is in the press because he chose to have sex with a whack job, while on a business trip.

Kobe is definitely guilty of being a sleaze and cheating on his wife. In your case, it would be like buying your wife a dozen roses when she catches you in one of your revolving series of lies.

I really can't understand how some can't see the difference between someone making a mistake or a momentary bad decision to running an enterprise totally devoted to torture and killing. Dog fighting wasn't a "mistake" it was planned...it was the GOAL of the operation. The mistake Vick made was leaving a paper trail, and getting caught.

The greatest guy in the world can make a mistake that results in a terrible tragedy. No reasonably "good" human starts an illegal enterprise devoted exclusively to the torture and murder of animals, for years. Can't see that difference Skooby? Maybe you can, but prefer to lie about it.

Wouldn't it be refreshing for Roger Goodell to end the speculation and thousands of upcoming stories, reports and features about Vick, by simply banning him from ever playing in the NFL again simply because he spent time behind bars as a convicted felon?? Thousands of companies in the freedom-loving USA would refuse to hire Vick for that very reason.

Do you know why thousands of companies don't want to hire convicted felons? It's because they don't want a repeat of the criminal activities at their place of business. So what is Vick going to do, hold dog fights in the dead of night at the stadium of the team he plays with? The odds of Vick being involved in any criminal activities at an NFL stadium are pretty darn slim.

Whether he could have played the last two years or not, Vick has already lost 2 years of a very finite career. To ban him any longer would be the longest ban other than a lifetime ban.

The legal system has released him from jail, if he messes up, he'll go back. He should be reinstated and then we can see which team is stupid or desperate enough to hire him. Odds are much higher it will be the Dolphins than the Bills.