Indy has run the same system for years & it got them 1 superbowl..

SKOOBY

So let's add this up...

Same system, young and healthy(Bob Sanders) Colts = Super Bowl

Same system, old and injured Colts = No Super Bowl

Yup, clearly the system.

I look at Indy and see the 90's Bills, great QB, great receivers, brilliant offensive scheme that was implemented by an older assistant coach who knew how to setup an offense properly. It shows that Bill Polian still knows how to build a winning team.

The Colts could go to the big show again as I don't see them changing the offensive scheme, even though the OC has retired. From what I'm reading the change is in the defense that is undergoing a major overhaul to move away from the Tampa 2.

Yes but you have to realize that the cheating Patriots were the team who mostly stopped them in the playoffs.

The Pats didn't cheat all teams do it...videotapes of the defensive handsignals don't tell the offense anything..Numerous players such as Jay Feidler even said it wouldn't help... :thumbsup:

Plus they have the Lord Tedy Bruschi, no need for video tape, he can just use his divine intervention to ensure the Pats* score a td

Nearing the end of two pages and it's still not clear if you (Skooby) are talking about the offensive system or the defensive system or both.

Both. They have really set up a good deal nearly every year to be competitive.

I think most would interpret the original question to be related to Peyton's first 8 years before they won the Super Bowl, when they kept the same system, not the last two, when age started to show it's head.

Maybe. It would be nice, though, if the original post had been thought out and written well enough so that everyone would have known for sure what it was about.