Do We Have a Better Team Now than at the End of 2008 ?

Kenwick

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Youve been on here a week and your threatening to get people booted? your debut is going over well. Let me guess, you play Everquest and World or Warcraft and have people banned for not inviting you into their groups too.

By any chance, would you then be a rookie calling a rookie a rookie?

We Bills fans will know exactly what we can expect from this season after that first Patriot game, If Buffalo can win that one game on MNF,or even have a good showing and not get pounded by Brady, it just might give us all hope that the playoff drought might be over.

Thanks goodness for a nationally televised opener against a legitimate opponent...this test should save me $300 on the Sunday Ticket this year if/when we come to find out the Bills are still boringly unwatchable and incapable of competing with winning teams. Let’s just hope they don’t pull a 2003 again and crush the Pats in the opener, but go on to have a Jauron-like season the rest of the way…

By any chance, would you then be a rookie calling a rookie a rookie?

Youve been on this board a week, Ive been here for months and been a reader for years. I have multiple family and freinds that are on this board and keep up with it regularly. I dont consider the number of posts I have as a form of experience. Youve been a week and have an average of 22 posts a day. Im not going to bother taking the time to look at them, they are most likely people arguing with you and you coming up with rediculous "This team will never be good ever" answers.

I just dont understand why someone like yourself has so many negative things to say about the team and you still bother to follow. Just pick a new team if you hate them so much. No one knows how any team is going to do and thats why they play the game and dont award the Lombardi Trophy for having the best offseason. Seriously, just start following the Steelers this year and every year a new team wins the Super Bowl you can start following that team. It should work out well for you.

Quick note Walker might not play as well as Peters did last year BUT Peters in 2008 was overall just a slightly above average LT so the drop off between Last years version of Peters and this years Langston Walker isn't too steep I would rate it as a seizable down grade but not as tragic as you make it sound. So the LT play from 2008 to 2009 is taking a step down but not falling off the cliff.

Still not good enough to be efficient against good teams. Walker will be a liability, I am wait and see about Hamgartner

Seriously, just start following the Steelers this year and every year a new team wins the Super Bowl you can start following that team. It should work out well for you.

Seriously...stalk someone else.

Hey...wait a minute...take off that suicide bomb vest thingy...you'll never sniff the virgins...

Hangartner hasn't proved anything yet. We already know we are weak at tackle. If Hangartner plays well, we will be better than last year, but we need a lot more help.

We already know we're weak at tackle? Yet Hangartner hasn't proven anything yet?

Seriously...stalk someone else.

Hey...wait a minute...take off that suicide bomb vest thingy...you'll never sniff the virgins...

WTF?!?!? Dude make some sense or get off the board. I dont like you and I know others dont already too. Your not wanted here.

WTF?!?!? Dude make some sense or get off the board. I dont like you and I know others dont already too. Your not wanted here.

Shouldn't your S/N be "msrags"? Seems like it's your time of the month, or somthin'

Shouldn't your S/N be "msrags"? Seems like it's your time of the month, or somthin'

Shouldnt yours be "overlypessimisticpersonthatnobodywantsonthisboardbecauseIhavenothinginforma

tivetosay"?

Im sorry I couldnt come up with something as cool as "Billistic" and have a cool looking avatar of a silouette with Fonzy hair.

Actually this is what you do this early in the season to the O-line. The fallback being Walker and Butler back at RT and RG respectively, Wood or Levitre starting at LG, and Chambers or Bell at LT (Hangartner stays at center regardless).

Actually, I have NEVER seen a head coach completely retool the O line like Jauron did this year, never ever. No head coach 3 years into his job overhauled the entire line so that every player is in a different position.That is the stuff that the Lions head coach might do this season to rebuild that horrid offense. That is what Eric Mangini did his first year with the jets, spend 2 first round picks on the O line so that 3 years down the line the might have a playoff caliber O line, and they do. Instead, DJ wasted his first years years on FA's that didn't work. Everyone says lack of talent, the guy has had 3 years, 2 more then the coaches at Atlanta, Baltimore and Miami.

That and the fact that most everyone on this board thinks the two rookies and a back up center will be better then the experienced players the Bills started last season.

Suddenly these same coaches and scouts gained some miracle of insight and just know that these 3 new players can perform better then the players they judged should be starting last year?

There weren't that many guard prospects in the draft. Levitre was a tackle but going into the draft he was viewed as a guard so Levitre was the best guy being drafted as a guard. As far as Wood he was the second best center in the draft. And a lot of scouts said he can convert to guard. So out of the top lineman in the draft the Bills have the best two at guard (Even if you rate a guy like Max Unger better they still nabbed 2 out of 3 of the top guards in the draft.)

So if you can convert any lineman to gaurd, didn't the Bills actually get the 6th and 9th ranked guards in the draft? :lol:

Plain and simple...yes, this team has gotten better, if not MUCH better. Just compare the players we lost to the players we added. The Value is not even comparable.

Looking at this, it is easy to see why:

Free Agents/Re-Signed/Drafted:

WR Terrell Owens - desperately needed playmaker. takes pressure off Evans.

C Geoff Hangartner - smart technician who can handle 3-4 dt's. upgraded the position.

QB Ryan Fitzpatrick - intelligent signal caller, upgraded the position.

RB Dominic Rhodes - hardnosed runner, maybe the best #3 in the league.

MLB Pat Thomas - young and has started NFL games. quality depth.

CB Drayton Florence - good competition for a quality group. has great potential, shown in SD.

OL Seth McKinney - journeyman who can add great depth to the entire interior of the line.

RB Fred Jackson - extended, and well deserved. one of the most underrated PLAYERS in the league.

OLB Keith Ellison - has been holding his own as a starter, decent player...could be upgraded.

OL Kirk Chambers - valuable versatile lineman that has started and can sub in for just about anyone.

MLB John Digiorgio - showed his worth two years ago as a starter, quality backup.

FS/WR George Wilson - see John Digiorgio.

WR Justin Jenkins - special teams ace, not much of a WR...at most, decent #4/#5 WR.

* (ALL of whom got extensive playing time the last two years, giving them valuable experience.)

DE/OLB Aaron Maybin - explosive pass-rusher, adds much needed playmaking ability to D-Line.

OL Eric Wood - mean and nasty, was a Center, drafted as OG.

DB Jairus Byrd - his father was a Pro-Bowler, he possesses the ability to be a hard-hitting playmaker.

OL Andy Levitre - mean streak like Wood, was a Tackle, drafted as a OG.

TE Shawn Nelson - playmaking TE has been missing for the entire decade. he could shine.

OLB/SS Nic Harris - hard hitting college safety looks to challenge Ellison for starting OLB spot.

CB Cary Harris - might be too slow to be a starting CB in the league, but could be a great backup.

CB Ellis Lankster - could be a steal in the draft with the endless potential he has been showing.

Player's Lost:

LT Jason Peters - one of the best. not overrated, but certainly overpaid. out of AFC.

CB Jabari Greer - he was a diamond of the rough, a true gem...glad he got paid, and moved out of the AFC.

OLB Angelo Crowell - quality player for his years here, injury plagued and out of the AFC.

LG Derrick Dockery - overrated during his stay in Buffalo, way overpaid.

TE Robert Royal - overrated. easily replaced.

OL Duke Preston - never amounted to much more than a decent backup. got paid, out of AFC.

OLB Blake Costanzo - special teamer, not much lost here.

C Melvin Fowler - easily upgraded. never progressed.

QB JP Lossman - not sure where to start here...i will just wish him well.

We also brought in some quality pieces to add to the staff in Nix and Sanders.

In my eyes, this team is MUCH better than we were at this point last year...WAYYY BETTER. Add in the fact that our players endured what the went through as a team together last season, and the season before...and I think that the Buffalo Bills are about ready to burst onto the scene, into the National spotlight and surprise some people.

FIRST PLAY OF THE YEAR:

The opposing defense will be thinking BOMB to Owens, all the while, paying no attention to Evans. Play action, #5 to #83.

On paper you can say the Bills look better then last season simply because they acquired TO, and his presence should open up the passing game.

I'm not sold on the rebuilding of the offensive line at all, that is a move you make when you start the rebuilding process and not 3 years into it. Nobody really knows at this point if the O line will perform well enough to give Edwards time,or give Lynch a lane.

Lastly, Jauron is still having nightmares from 2 seasons ago when the Bills were pounded by Brady to Moss / Welker over and over... 56-10 or 38-7 ring any bells? If I were him I'd also try and acquire as many good DB's as I can.

We Bills fans will know exactly what we can expect from this season after that first Patriot game, If Buffalo can win that one game on MNF,or even have a good showing and not get pounded by Brady, it just might give us all hope that the playoff drought might be over.

they could beat the Pats and win the next 4 -

and who will be confident Dick won't implode and go 2-9 down the stretch.