More rantings...

Why the Bills will be good this year:

- Holes - Outside of Keith Ellison, the team has no glaring holes. Even Ellison is a 3-year starter, so he is serviceable. One would argue that although the line in new/young, the players are solid. Most teams in the NFL are solid on one side of the ball, but have glaring holes on the other. We happen to be fairly balanced

- Skill players - if the line blocks the skill players are there. The overall talent may be the best in the league

- Depth - most of the backups have significant NFL experience (primarily from the disaster injury season of 2 years ago). Many of which can/have started either in Buffalo or elsewhere.

- Intelligence - the Bills, for a change, went with brains. Between the O-line and Edwards, they could do some interesting play calling on the line - both from a no-huddle and an audible standpoint.

- Special Teams - Best in the NFL - need I say more.

- Terrell Owens - he will bring the spark that lights the fire under the a@@ of the rest of the team

Why the Bills will suck this year:

- Offensive Line - the new line won't gel, Walker will be a revolving door and Edwards will run for his life.

- Edwards - He gets another concussion, becomes a head-case again and can't throw basic routes.

- Coaching - DJ has a history of the wrong call at the wrong time. The guy is well-respected and gets his team prepared, but has game-day issues. I am hoping he's learned from his mistakes

- December/January - Edwards and Lynch are warm-weather guys. Orchard Park gets mighty cold and snowy. If Edwards thinks he can play with gloves (ala Flutie), he is sorely mistaken. We could be 9-3 going into December and blow it in the end.

- Terrell Owens - the Bills blow a game they should’ve won and TO rants sending the locker room into a tail-spin

Pick your side. Personally I think they will hit on all cylinders and win the division, but 3-13 is a real possibility...

Guest dog14787

- Holes - Outside of Keith Ellison, the team has no glaring holes. Even Ellison is a 3-year starter, so he is serviceable. One would argue that although the line in new/young, the players are solid. Most teams in the NFL are solid on one side of the ball, but have glaring holes on the other. We happen to be fairly balanced

- Skill players - if the line blocks the skill players are there. The overall talent may be the best in the league

- Depth - most of the backups have significant NFL experience (primarily from the disaster injury season of 2 years ago). Many of which can/have started either in Buffalo or elsewhere.

- Intelligence - the Bills, for a change, went with brains. Between the O-line and Edwards, they could do some interesting play calling on the line - both from a no-huddle and an audible standpoint.

- Terrell Owens - he will bring the spark that lights the fire under the a@@ of the rest of the team

- Offensive Line - the new line won't gel, Walker will be a revolving door and Edwards will run for his life.

- Edwards - He gets another concussion, becomes a head-case again and can't throw basic routes.

- Coaching - DJ has a history of the wrong call at the wrong time. The guy is well-respected and gets his team prepared, but has game-day issues. I am hoping he's learned from his mistakes

- December/January - Edwards and Lynch are warm-weather guys. Orchard Park gets mighty cold and snowy. If Edwards thinks he can play with gloves (ala Flutie), he is sorely mistaken. We could be 9-3 going into December and blow it in the end.

- Terrell Owens - the Bills blow a game they should’ve won and TO rants sending the locker room into a tail-spin

Pick your side. Personally I think they will hit on all cylinders and win the division, but 3-13 is a real possibility...

I said it at the beginning of last season and I'll say it again this season. Everything hinges on keeping Trent Edwards healthy.

I said it at the beginning of last season and I'll say it again this season. Everything hinges on keeping Trent Edwards healthy.

What? Hey Dog, you look awful purdy in your little picture there. I agree with ya talkin about my boy Trent, sometimes he looks sharp and then others, he looks a little light in the loafers, a little fragile. But I'll tell ya what, you aint intimidatin nobody with your purdy little mug there. You might be a European Title contender, but that's about it. As for me, only two months before I show up at Rich Stadium lookin to demolish Steve-weisers and root on my Buffalo Bills and that's the bottom line cause Stone Cold said so.

Guest dog14787
What? Hey Dog, you look awful purdy in your little picture there. I agree with ya talkin about my boy Trent, sometimes he looks sharp and then others, he looks a little light in the loafers, a little fragile. But I'll tell ya what, you aint intimidatin nobody with your purdy little mug there. You might be a European Title contender, but that's about it. As for me, only two months before I show up at Rich Stadium lookin to demolish Steve-weisers and root on my Buffalo Bills and that's the bottom line cause Stone Cold said so.

Awesome :lol:

What? *checks watch.

Is this what this board has come to?

Guest dog14787

Seriously, Stone Cold, we may need a favor, we may need your help with T.O., you do realize that don't you?

Maybe you could do something to just to send a message, call T.O. out or something, you know, just point your middle finger at him and tell him your watching him real closely, and also you could tell him not to go hurting Fred Jackson.

Everything you say is possible except the TO rant. I don't see that happening. The most that could happen is that he says something like "we could have won and I was definitely open some plays" or something like that. And a lot of players might say things like that after a loss. TO will be a good addition at least this year based on all that has happened with him up to now in Buffalo and everything he has said to date, which is quite a bit.

did you go to starpoint

Great post...I like the fact that you took the time to look at everything. This team has alot of what ifs. I think some of the major issues are DJ's game management, keith ellison being the weak link in our lb corps, the O line gelling, but it cant be worse than last year, they just didnt run block well. The other thing that really concerns me, like you stated is november and December at the Ralph. I just dont think Trent can handle the weather. Hopefully he proves us all wrong. Also, as much as I think lynch is a quality back, he needs to learn to hit the whole with alot more conviction. Something maybe he can learn from Fred Jackson. That guys sees a hole and is gone. Something else to ponder, if the first three games Jackson rushes for over 100 in each along with some catches, who is the starter at RB then in game 4? Dont you think the guy that does all the right things on and off the field should be rewarded?

Everything you say is possible except the TO rant. I don't see that happening. The most that could happen is that he says something like "we could have won and I was definitely open some plays" or something like that. And a lot of players might say things like that after a loss. TO will be a good addition at least this year based on all that has happened with him up to now in Buffalo and everything he has said to date, which is quite a bit.

I think its hard to state that it is not possible for TO to implode the lockerroom given his track record. I would not expect it given the overall type B personality of the team, so you shouldn't see the type A personality clashes similar to TO's previous run-ins, however the possibility definitely still exists.

Great post...I like the fact that you took the time to look at everything. This team has alot of what ifs. I think some of the major issues are DJ's game management, keith ellison being the weak link in our lb corps, the O line gelling, but it cant be worse than last year, they just didnt run block well. The other thing that really concerns me, like you stated is november and December at the Ralph. I just dont think Trent can handle the weather. Hopefully he proves us all wrong. Also, as much as I think lynch is a quality back, he needs to learn to hit the whole with alot more conviction. Something maybe he can learn from Fred Jackson. That guys sees a hole and is gone. Something else to ponder, if the first three games Jackson rushes for over 100 in each along with some catches, who is the starter at RB then in game 4? Dont you think the guy that does all the right things on and off the field should be rewarded?

I agree with you that Fred Jackson should get more playing time if when he performs well. But as I've said in previous posts, if Turk is good, he will find a way to get the top 5 skill players on the field as much as possible. Thus Lynch, Jackson, Owens and Evans should be on the field almost every play, with the other players rotating in based on the specialty situations (i.e. Parrish for WR screens, Reed on 3rd and long, Schouman for Running plays, etc.), obviously in a manner not to telegraph the plays however.

did you go to starpoint

What? I aint familiar with no Starpoint. As you you probably have heard, I'm from Texas, but growing up, I was always a Bills fan. My pappy was a Cowboys fan, but there was somethin about the Bills in the late 70's that I really liked. I do plan on going to a game or two this year, but I aint gonna call out TO. My buddy Rocky ran into TO in LA a few months back and he says he's ready to stomp a mudhole in the rest of the AFC East this year. As far as the guy who asks what this website is comin to- I ran into Jimbo at a golf tournament last year and he mentioned this website so I thought I'd check it out. I aint tryin to cause no trouble but I'll tell ya what, if you don't like the way I talk, we can quit the talkin right now and settle this the only way I know how. And that's all I got ta say about that.

What? I aint familiar with no Starpoint. As you you probably have heard, I'm from Texas, but growing up, I was always a Bills fan. My pappy was a Cowboys fan, but there was somethin about the Bills in the late 70's that I really liked. I do plan on going to a game or two this year, but I aint gonna call out TO. My buddy Rocky ran into TO in LA a few months back and he says he's ready to stomp a mudhole in the rest of the AFC East this year. As far as the guy who asks what this website is comin to- I ran into Jimbo at a golf tournament last year and he mentioned this website so I thought I'd check it out. I aint tryin to cause no trouble but I'll tell ya what, if you don't like the way I talk, we can quit the talkin right now and settle this the only way I know how. And that's all I got ta say about that.

Chill out!

Guest dog14787

Hmmm, you just said recently your pappy was a Bills fan http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...p;#entry1364877

Hmmm, you just said recently your pappy was a Bills fan http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...p;#entry1364877

My old man was and is a Cowboys fan. I was talkin to him about this just the other day- when the AFL was introduced in 1960, we had a team down here called the Dallas Texans- I think they're the Chiefs now? Anyway, a lot of folks down here hated the Texans- including my pappy, cause this is Cowboys country. So he had to pick a team to root against them. Bills had a fella by the name of Dubenion that my pappy really liked and the Bills kind of became his AFL/AFC team. Always respected the way they played. Then when I was a kid in the 70's, I took a likin to the Bills myself. I hate the Cowboys though, Jerry Jones reminds me a lot of Vince McMahon and I aint got time for nobody like that.

WHAT!?!?!?

My old man was and is a Cowboys fan. I was talkin to him about this just the other day- when the AFL was introduced in 1960, we had a team down here called the Dallas Texans- I think they're the Chiefs now? Anyway, a lot of folks down here hated the Texans- including my pappy, cause this is Cowboys country. So he had to pick a team to root against them. Bills had a fella by the name of Dubenion that my pappy really liked and the Bills kind of became his AFL/AFC team. Always respected the way they played. Then when I was a kid in the 70's, I took a likin to the Bills myself. I hate the Cowboys though, Jerry Jones reminds me a lot of Vince McMahon and I aint got time for nobody like that.

I call BS.

Hey Stone, I was at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto for Smackdown the very same night your good buddy The Rock had a live interview from outside with Lillian Garcia and used his phrase "Pie" for the first time. Who did you wrestle that night and how many times?

What!?!?!?