Disney monorail crash

Just Jack

It's a well-known feature of monorails that upon impact they make a squishy sound...

:lol: That is seriously retarded reporting.

Good 'ol Florida local news! :lol: I remember when I was working in Jacksonville once and the local Jax station was doing coverage on a sink hole. The reporter says "The crowds are starting to gather". About that time the cameraman pans around and there were 3 people standing there! :flirt:

I actually was a Disney monorail driver long ago. There is no way that driver fell asleep. About the only way that can happen is if it is intentional. You would have to override several mechanisms on purpose, have really long arms, while keeping a spring loaded circuit braker pulled, and have another hand on the dead man. At 2 AM, there's probably not another lead or supervisor on the platform to kill the beam if they see what's happening, as a last resort. Too many fail safe systems in place. Then again, it's been 30 years. There was another crash, in the days before me. No one died, but the driver was hurt bad. After he recovered, Disney transferred him to the Contemporary Hotel, where he served out his days a bellman. It was after that accident, that all the safety measures were seriously upgraded. Amazing, but on the other hand, it was only a matter of time. I knew that 30 years ago.

Beat ya to it, sucka!

That's MR. sucka! to you! :flirt:

I actually was a Disney monorail driver long ago. There is no way that driver fell asleep. About the only way that can happen is if it is intentional. You would have to override several mechanisms on purpose, have really long arms, while keeping a spring loaded circuit braker pulled, and have another hand on the dead man. At 2 AM, there's probably not another lead or supervisor on the platform to kill the beam if they see what's happening, as a last resort. Too many fail safe systems in place. Then again, it's been 30 years. There was another crash, in the days before me. No one died, but the driver was hurt bad. After he recovered, Disney transferred him to the Contemporary Hotel, where he served out his days a bellman. It was after that accident, that all the safety measures were seriously upgraded. Amazing, but on the other hand, it was only a matter of time. I knew that 30 years ago.

That's what the guy interviewed said. It will be very interesting to see what happened here.