McGahee 3-0....Henry 0-5...

First, you have to admit Drew played well yesterday in very poor throwing conditions. We probably couldn't have completed one pass yesterday so let's be gracious with our assessment of Bledsoe. Also, he has gotten much better in the red zone which is key. The one remaining caution and problem with Drew is that for a long time now he has been a horrible road qb and you need a qb who can win on the road if you ever hope to seriously contend. A tough week to ask for improvement but he's hoping he comes up with something this Sunday!

You're right, you can't compare the two.  If Manning had no running game and was forced to conted with a blitz on every play, then we could start to draw comparisons.

We were a running team that couldn't run the ball.  Since WM has taken over, the running game is clicking and DB has been efficient.

107712[/snapback]

I think Drew looked good yesterday, but you are showing a lack of football knowledge. (Is a common theme among Bledsoe apologists)

Did you watch the Green Bay/Indy game earlier this season? Did you 20 something consecutive passes my Manning? Did you see Green Bay try to blitz almost every down of that first quarter? How many yards and TD's did Manning throw in the first quarter alone?

You're right, you could never compare the two, even with all things being equal.

I know it's hard for some people to think beyond "win good...lose bad" but Drew deserved a lot of the harsh criticism. The Jets game shows that Drew is capable of leading this team effectively.

I think it has less to do on how his line or RB's play, and more to do with what's going on in Drew's head! Drew has to believe in his skills and translate that into his play. He hadn't done that for the last year and a half. Maybe he's turned a corner?

The big test is this Sunday. A win will go a long way at restoring DB's swagger. if he loses badly, he could turn back into a thumbsucking quivering mess.

PTR

First, you have to admit Drew played well yesterday in very poor throwing conditions.  We probably couldn't have completed one pass yesterday so let's be gracious with our assessment of Bledsoe.  Also, he has gotten much better in the red zone which is key.  The one remaining caution and problem with Drew is that for a long time now he has been a horrible road qb and you need a qb who can win on the road if you ever hope to seriously contend.  A tough week to ask for improvement but he's hoping he comes up with something this Sunday!

107824[/snapback]

You are correct! Drew had a good Game yesterday and deserves credit...no doubt...

That being said, the Bills are now 12-20 in the last 32 Games with Drew Starting...The match-up with the Jets is a good one for the Bills, they beat the Jets at Home Last Season also and still only went 6-10...The other 2 wins this year were against Miami and Arizona at Home...big deal...We'll see what Drew does the rest of the way, but I doubt he's going to change many minds at this point...

When you see what is developing in Pittsburgh with a Rookie QB, I just can't imagine being a Bills Fan and not fantasizing about what this Team may look like with JP at the helm...I just don't believe Drew can do much about that... B)

I think Drew looked good yesterday,  but you are showing a lack of football knowledge.  (Is a common theme among Bledsoe apologists)

Did you watch the Green Bay/Indy game earlier this season?  Did you 20 something consecutive passes my Manning?  Did you see Green Bay try to blitz almost every down of that first quarter?  How many yards and TD's did Manning throw in the first quarter alone?

You're right,  you could never compare the two,  even with all things being equal.

107849[/snapback]

..and how many times did they come within 3 yards of Manning? Your right, your lack of football knowledge is quite painful.

Guest BackInDaDay

It was nice to see a little 'pocket presence' yesterday. His check downs were timely and resulted in positive yardage. IMHO his only glaring mistake was after his 1st down run when his adrenalin rush resulted in missing the wide open TE. I'll forgive him that one. :D

You are correct! Drew had a good Game yesterday and deserves credit...no doubt...

That being said, the Bills are now 12-20 in the last 32 Games with Drew Starting...The match-up with the Jets is a good one for the Bills, they beat the Jets at Home Last Season also and still only went 6-10...The other 2 wins this year were against Miami and Arizona at Home...big deal...We'll see what Drew does the rest of the way, but I doubt he's going to change many minds at this point...

When you see what is developing in Pittsburgh with a Rookie QB, I just can't imagine being a Bills Fan and not fantasizing about what this Team may look like with JP at the helm...I just don't believe Drew can do much about that... B)

107870[/snapback]

PEOPLE, PLEASE STOP COMPARING US TO PITTSBURGH.

The strongest unit on their football team is the offensive line. That makes a significant difference. They are also blessed with two veteran Pro Bowl receivers and two veteran Pro Bowl running backs.

Big Ben has played "lights out" but he's got ALOT of help. I don't doubt a more mobile VETERAN Qb would have us in a better place, but thinking that Losman is going to be the savior THIS season is purely speculation and not based at all in reality.

The strongest unit on their football team is the offensive line.  That makes a significant difference.  They are also blessed with two veteran Pro Bowl receivers and two veteran Pro Bowl running backs.

Big Ben has played "lights out" but he's got ALOT of help.  I don't doubt a more mobile VETERAN Qb would have us in a better place, but thinking that Losman is going to be the savior THIS season is purely speculation and not based at all in reality.

107906[/snapback]

Pittsburgh's OL is HEALTHY this year, and that's the difference. Just think, they don't even have Kendall Simmons, their standout RG who is out. Keydrick Vincent is playing quite well in his place.

Big Ben is playing well because he is good. Let's not take that away from him. He's playing with the same components that Maddox played with and he's doing better than Maddox. Roethlisberger is the real deal, folks. He's not some fluke.

Losman? Well, he IS the savior of the Bills, Darin. He and Willis are the two big reasons we will be in the Super Bowl this year. Oh yeah, those two and McNally.

we ran the ball well last year and Drew sucked.

107748[/snapback]

Actually we didn't run the ball all that well last year. Not at all. We finished well down the list for total rushing yards, and those we got, many came from T Henry when we were trailing (we trailed consistently last year). Meaning, opposing defenses were frequently playing pass when we did run.

Not trying to take anything away from TH, but he benefited personally (stat) wise with

our Bills trailing week in an week out, yet his average was only 4.1 yards per carry. I'd love to see what McGahee can do when its not obvious to the whole world that he's getting the rock.

..and how many times did they come within 3 yards of Manning? Your right, your lack of football knowledge is quite painful.

107875[/snapback]

You are a perfect example of who I was referring to. :D

Now to answer your question, quite a few times. He hung in there and got rid of the ball, instead of dropping into the fetal position. Also, with the exception of one first round pick, Indy's line is made up of later draft picks, and undrafted free agents. So does the o-line make the QB, or vice versa?

Now go on boy, you're lesson is done for the day.

Just pointing out the obvious. The fact that a good running game takes a lot of pressure off the QB. Where are all the Drew sucks threads now? For those of us who kept and continue to keep the faith in Drew I applaud you. As for the rest of the fair weather fans I say :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: . We'll save you some room on the bandwagon.

107240[/snapback]

Coach, using the term loosely, there is a very big test coming next week on national television that will tell us all if the S.S. Minnow is truely sea worthy.

Actually we didn't run the ball all that well last year. Not at all. We finished well down the list for total rushing yards, and those we got, many came from T Henry when we were trailing (we trailed consistently last year). Meaning, opposing defenses were frequently playing pass when we did run.

Not trying to take anything away from TH, but he benefited personally (stat) wise with

our Bills trailing week in an week out, yet his average was only 4.1 yards per carry. I'd love to see what McGahee  can do when its not obvious to the whole world that he's getting the rock.

107928[/snapback]

4.1 yards per carry is running pretty well. willis' avg was 3.6 yesterday. also, shouldn't have Drew's garbage time #'s been up as well, if we were playing catch-up all year??? you'd think.

The strongest unit on their football team is the offensive line.  That makes a significant difference.  They are also blessed with two veteran Pro Bowl receivers and two veteran Pro Bowl running backs.

Big Ben has played "lights out" but he's got ALOT of help.  I don't doubt a more mobile VETERAN Qb would have us in a better place, but thinking that Losman is going to be the savior THIS season is purely speculation and not based at all in reality.

107906[/snapback]

You're correct AD, that's why I used the word "fantasizing..."

I was speaking to the fact that I seriously doubt Drew can do much to change minds amongst Bills Fans, and what is going on in Pittsburgh right now is certainly helping folks impatiently count the days till JP...

You're also correct in saying the likelihood of a turnaround THIS Season is slim...That being said, the Steelers were 6-10 last Season, and though their problems on the O-Line were greatly injury related, they had O-Line problems in 2003 nonetheless...And it may not be a given, but I can certainly see the Bills having a Steeler-like turnaround next Season...The Bills should have enough talent to surround JP with after another Off Season...And the way Willis is running, it looks like good times may be within sight... B)