The successor to Terrell Owens in Dallas...

So all of a sudden lifting weights is going to allow him to have a good year? That's what I find most interesting. If the guy has had questionable work ethics in the past, as this report would indicate, can we not also assume that he's had questionable commitment to learning playbooks, running routes, etc. Yet, now all of a sudden, he lifts a few weights and King is convinced he's set for a great year? Maybe, but I'll wait to see it during a game first.

Actually, if you read the quote you copied, you would understand that King was quoting someone else.

Anyway, the next day King added this:

Re: the Roy Williams lack of weight training until this year: I should clarify to say that, obviously, he has lifted weights before. What he hadn't done before this year with the Dallas Cowboys is stay in a program consistently for an entire off-season or be devoted to lifting during a season.

Actually, if you read the quote you copied, you would understand that King was quoting someone else.

Anyway, the next day King added this:

I'll admit to only giving a cursory glance to a quote/article about Dallas. Point remains the same, however. If not King, someone thinks he's going to be good because he's finally decided to care.

this may have alreayd been mentioned, but Troy Polamalu and Jason Taylor never lifted weights either. They used their own body weight with push ups, situps pull ups etc.

Same with Herschel Walker. The implication of this whole thing though is that Roy Williams was not the guy doing 1000 chinups and 1000 dips every day.

This is all just so simple for Jerruh. Romo can be a leader on his own, so he cuts the leader and makes Romo the leader by default. How can that not work? And Williams can't do jack squat with TO around and hogging the ball, so he cuts the best receiver on the team to allow for Williams' ascension. Brava!

This is all just so simple for Jerruh. Romo can be a leader on his own, so he cuts the leader and makes Romo the leader by default. How can that not work? And Williams can't do jack squat with TO around and hogging the ball, so he cuts the best receiver on the team to allow for Williams' ascension. Brava!

You still haven't caught on that the Jonses didn't think that leveraging his popularity with teeamates to influence them against their QB in order to advance his own personal glory ("that MF won't throw a brother any passes! Now what y'all think is up with that??") did not make TO a "leader".

Is it possible that you still don't understand their thinking? I initially asumed you did, but the above highlighted quote from your post makes it clear you do not.

You still haven't caught on that the Jonses didn't think that leveraging his popularity with teeamates to influence them against their QB in order to advance his own personal glory ("that MF won't throw a brother any passes! Now what y'all think is up with that??") did not make TO a "leader".

Is it possible that you still don't understand their thinking? I initially asumed you did, but the above highlighted quote from your post makes it clear you do not.

No chief, the Jones essentially said that Romo isn't the leader of the offense he should be. Hence TO's comments to that end. This is just more made-up stuff by you, like TO "destroying" the Eagles because they didn't celebrate his 100th TD.