First car?

1979 Mazda Rx-7. Rotary engine, manual with manual choke... When the thing was cold, it would sound like a shotgun going off from the backfire when started.

Somebody before me had the front fiberglass dam that got rid of that chisled look... Made it look like a Porsche... :wallbash: Looked cool, but brutal not banging it on inclines or parking... :lol: Didn't have the standard 13" wheels, but 15" gold BBS look a likes... Brutal in the winter being rear wheel drive... I remember driving to UB in the late 1980's and literally doing circles down the Amherst section of the 290.

Whoever said the Japs made grat cars even back then?... The thing was cool though! I got it in 1986 only 7 years after it was made... I discovered the thing was originally white and then painted red... Also, the gas tank was rotting out... Must have been found in the river at the foot of Hertel Ave! :doh::doh:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First car was a 1997 Ford Contour. Underrated car. It had great driving dynamics. Unfortunately it was part of two winter accidents. The last of which totaled the car.

Was that the american made or mexican handmade &rolled??