Question about Obama's Tax Plan

zevo

Here you go.

You're also ignoring another major facet of the Golden One's tax plan - eliminating deductions for those in that $235K millionaires' tax bracket. That moves the effective rate higher. In some sense, it's bittersweet irony, as people most likely to be nailed by the full brunt of the tax increase are the ones in states who overwhelmingly voted for Obama. Let's see how they feel next April 15.

Looks like it was 283K under Clinton, so Obama is making more people pay the higher rate. Those from 250-283. Not to mention inflation.

Most people I know that voted for him (actually all of them), rich and middle class and poor, don't mind the tax increases, including several who are very wealthy. Sure they'd like to have more money in their pocket but they were willing to make the trade off. That's a 20 person sample of people that I actually talked to about the taxes, so it doesn't mean much.

Looks like it was 283K under Clinton, so Obama is making more people pay the higher rate. Those from 250-283. Not to mention inflation.

Most people I know that voted for him (actually all of them), rich and middle class and poor, don't mind the tax increases, including several who are very wealthy. Sure they'd like to have more money in their pocket but they were willing to make the trade off. That's a 20 person sample of people that I actually talked to about the taxes, so it doesn't mean much.

So most of your acquaintances are stupid. Not news. :nana:

And just wait till cap-and-trade goes into effect and you end up paying much more for utilities, as costs associated with this program are passed to the consumer. And, about that value added tax...you know to get Americans saving again, anyone ready to pay a 20% tax on any consumable item they purchase?

The blurbs regarding taxes that I have been hearing/reading about are pretty scary.