Letterman: What happened to him?

Does this mean whoever has been deleting posts in this thread is going to put them back? :thumbsup:

Yeah, that would be nice. I thought I made an honest point, but apparently that was slanderous or something.

Over/under 10 mins before this gets deleted? We'll see.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never watched Letterman, just looking at him gives me the creeps. I think his attack on a 14-year old girl who's thrust into the limelight through no fault of hers is WAY out of line. I thought so when Rush Limbaugh did it to Chelsea Clinton and I think so now.

And even if my disdain for the mother extended to this kid, which it does not, I don't think the line was funny anyway.

Yeah, seriously. To sum up what I said before I was censored:

If you don't like Dave Letterman, don't watch him. This isn't feudal Russia. The consumer has the ultimate power, turn the channel. Its that simple.

To clarify my political point, why is the Right making this such a huge "story," when, as I said, Bill O'Reilly complains of 20 something newspapers that didn't run it. Well, maybe because it isn't a story. GM and Chrysler are in bankruptcy. We've blown hundreds of billions on proxy wars that have done nothing to actually stop the problems of our flawed Middle East foreign policy. Dave Letterman is a comedian/personality. He has no bearing on public policy.

Furthermore, the Palins receive no respect or sympathy from this poster. "Abstinence is the only way," Sarah? Really? Then why is your 17/18 year old daughter a mom? Its ok for a Republican white family to have a teenager birth a child out of wedlock, but if the Obamas had a teenage daughter in the same situation, we'd hear all about the "breakdown of the family unit," or the erosion of "traditional family values."

Yeah, seriously. To sum up what I said before I was censored:

If you don't like Dave Letterman, don't watch him. This isn't feudal Russia. The consumer has the ultimate power, turn the channel. Its that simple.

To clarify my political point, why is the Right making this such a huge "story," when, as I said, Bill O'Reilly complains of 20 something newspapers that didn't run it. Well, maybe because it isn't a story. GM and Chrysler are in bankruptcy. We've blown hundreds of billions on proxy wars that have done nothing to actually stop the problems of our flawed Middle East foreign policy. Dave Letterman is a comedian/personality. He has no bearing on public policy.

Furthermore, the Palins receive no respect or sympathy from this poster. "Abstinence is the only way," Sarah? Really? Then why is your 17/18 year old daughter a mom? Its ok for a Republican white family to have a teenager birth a child out of wedlock, but if the Obamas had a teenage daughter in the same situation, we'd hear all about the "breakdown of the family unit," or the erosion of "traditional family values."

The Palin women make me proud to be a Republican. They're smoking HOT! :lol:

Democrats are stuck with ugly, tight-skin, buck-tooth Caroline "Um, uh, you know" Kennedy. And now Democrats have horribly UGLY Judge Sotomayor!!

The Palin women make me proud to be a Republican. They're smoking HOT! :lol:

Eh. I wouldn't say that, even if Sarah a hottie that I'd like to see naked. Then again, I'm not a Republican anymore, so maybe my vote doesn't count.

think his attack on a 14-year old girl who's thrust into the limelight through no fault of hers is WAY out of line. I thought so when Rush Limbaugh did it to Chelsea Clinton and I think so now.
Wow..I agree with blzrul...The end is near!!

I saw Shrub on The Colbert Report tonight and almost liked him...now that he's gone. How about that?!

When your side wins you're happy and think...wow i could have voted for the other guy if....

When your side loses, you're pissed off and think...wow how else can i b*tch and moan....

I wonder how the media would of viewed if a prominent TV figure would of suggested in a joke that Michelle Obama's child was raped?

Double standard? :rolleyes:

First off it wasn't a joke about raping a 14 year old.

"One awkward moment for Sarah Palin at the Yankee game, during the seventh inning, her daughter was knocked up by Alex Rodriguez," he quipped.

It's obviously a joke toward her daughter Bristol who got "knocked up" at 17 through consensual sex. She is a fair target after her mother is so adamant about abstinence only and so is her daughter who's still preaching abstinence only on TV interviews instead of safe sex.

He was using what comedians call "Joke License" it doesn't have to be completely accurate with the facts. I.E. A Priest, A Rabbi and Sarah Palin's slutty daughter walk into a bar...

Which Palin daughter am I talking about?

Alex Rodriguez is the guy who should be most offended by that comment.

Great. Now you're going racial in this thread?

:thumbsup:

I have never watched Letterman, just looking at him gives me the creeps. I think his attack on a 14-year old girl who's thrust into the limelight through no fault of hers is WAY out of line. I thought so when Rush Limbaugh did it to Chelsea Clinton and I think so now.

And even if my disdain for the mother extended to this kid, which it does not, I don't think the line was funny anyway.

It's not about the 14 year old!!! If Letterman had put up a picture of Willow and said it then I'd agree with everyone here but he didn't. Palin is trying to use a joke about her slutty daughter to focus the attention on Willow instead because she hasn't been knocked up, yet.

The Palin women make me proud to be a Republican. They're smoking HOT! :rolleyes:

Democrats are stuck with ugly, tight-skin, buck-tooth Caroline "Um, uh, you know" Kennedy. And now Democrats have horribly UGLY Judge Sotomayor!!

"Have you noticed that most of the women who are against abortion are women you wouldn't want to :lol: in the first place?" - George Carlin

"Have you noticed that most of the women who are against abortion are women you wouldn't want to :lol: in the first place?" - George Carlin

George Carlin comedy notwithstanding, the Palin women are definitely hot.

I should also like to take this opportunity to mention two (2) more ugly women Democrats:

Michelle Obama - looks like a GORILLA! Just how big are her hips?? :rolleyes:

Teresa Heinz Kerry - uncouth, wardrobe challenged Eurotrash!

I should also like to take this opportunity to mention two (2) more ugly women Democrats:

Michelle Obama - looks like a GORILLA! Just how big are her hips?? :lol:

Dude, hot "liberals" far outweigh hot "conservatives. Just a fact.

Michelle Obama - looks like a GORILLA! Just how big are her hips?? :lol:

Yeah, because gorillas are known for their big hips????

First off it wasn't a joke about raping a 14 year old.

"One awkward moment for Sarah Palin at the Yankee game, during the seventh inning, her daughter was knocked up by Alex Rodriguez," he quipped.

It's obviously a joke toward her daughter Bristol who got "knocked up" at 17 through consensual sex. She is a fair target after her mother is so adamant about abstinence only and so is her daughter who's still preaching abstinence only on TV interviews instead of safe sex.

He was using what comedians call "Joke License" it doesn't have to be completely accurate with the facts. I.E. A Priest, A Rabbi and Sarah Palin's slutty daughter walk into a bar...

Which Palin daughter am I talking about?

Alex Rodriguez is the guy who should be most offended by that comment.

:thumbsup:

It's not about the 14 year old!!! If Letterman had put up a picture of Willow and said it then I'd agree with everyone here but he didn't. Palin is trying to use a joke about her slutty daughter to focus the attention on Willow instead because she hasn't been knocked up, yet.

Nope, because it was her 14 year old daughter that accompanied Sarah P to NY not the 18 year old.

PUNCH!!!!

He says it was intended toward Bristol :rolleyes: , I suggest he hire better writers. You would think that they would know which daughter was in NY. At the end of the day, it is Dave's responsibility in what it is that he says, but it doesn't surprise me, with his weak azz ratings, they are desperate for anything that resembles relevance, they've been on the decline ever since his hard approach to the left.

AND

Just Because her mother believes in abstinence, and her daughter didn't, doesn't make her fair game in my view. It isn't as if Bristol was going around the country preaching abstinence.

PUNCH!!!

And the fact that you call her daughter Bristol a slut, well....

PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

Nope, because it was her 14 year old daughter that accompanied Sarah P to NY not the 18 year old.

:lol:

Yeah, Willow (the 14 year old) had been with Sarah touring New York State for about a week! But I guess we're to believe that Letterman and his writers didn't know that?