TKO on Twitter

I always liked TKO, and still do. It is indeed too bad how his career here ended.

Well, it ended with an injury. And he wasn't the same player afterwards, getting cut by the Eagles after 1 season, after the Bills traded him there.

When I retired from the Air Force after nearly 30 years some of my troops wrote to TKO and asked if he would sign a photo and send it in time to present for my Air Force retirement.

TKO went above and beyond, he signed a 8X10 photo, a really nice Bills poster, a signed mini Bills helmet and Buffalo Bills flag as well.

The timing was great as I was told he paid extra to get the items to me in Korea before my retirement date.

TKO is the only player that I have other teams jerseys of. I currently have his Bengals, Bills, and Eagles Jersey's. I need to pick up his 49 er jersey some time.

I am one to say Mr. Spikes is a class act!! I was sad when he left Buffalo.

:doh:

When I retired from the Air Force after nearly 30 years some of my troops wrote to TKO and asked if he would sign a photo and send it in time to present for my Air Force retirement.

TKO went above and beyond, he signed a 8X10 photo, a really nice Bills poster, a signed mini Bills helmet and Buffalo Bills flag as well.

The timing was great as I was told he paid extra to get the items to me in Korea before my retirement date.

TKO is the only player that I have other teams jerseys of. I currently have his Bengals, Bills, and Eagles Jersey's. I need to pick up his 49 er jersey some time.

Great story, Chief!

He said he chose the Bills because we showed him so much love when the Bengals played here late in his last year with Cinci. Granted, his opinion was a tad skewed, but saying Buffalo fans were the most knowlegable fans in the league truely endeared him to us. He was every bit the dominating force we expected his first year here.

Totally class act...from the Twitter link...

Truly a classy guy. Ran into him a few years ago after the Green Bay game at a bar at Buffalo Niagara Int'l. He was with a group, probably family, but he was willing to shake some hands, sign some autographs and exchange greetings with a few fans there. The epitome of what an NFL player should be.

Thank you for your service.

I think we were all sad to see his time in Buffalo come to an end. GOOD LUCK to him. If he ever plays in Buffalo again, I think he will get a warm reception.

We ended up getting Edwards, Stroud, and Steve Johnson for McGahee, Spikes, and Holcomb from that year's trades.

Really? No kidding. One seasoned veteran with Pro Bowl talent left in him, one young starting QB & one young wide receiver who seems to have unlimited potential, for a former Pro Bowl linebacker slowed by serious injury, a talented running back with a bad attitude and questionable work ethic, and a washed up career back up QB since retired?

Not bad inner circle jerks! That kind of return is more Polian-esque then I would ever expect. :D:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

good story TKO really is a class act. B-lo <3's TKO

I have a Spikes #51 jersey. Last season I wanted to take it to one of those stores and get a poz sewn over to update the jersey. I got all the way to the store parking lot, looked at the jersey, turned around, and left. I just couldnt do it. In these 10 or so years of sh*tty Bills football, Spikes is one of the only bright spots that made you truly proud to be a Bills fan. The only other one on his level IMO is Pat Williams. I am not mad Spikes left, because he requested a trade -- so he could make the playoffs. I would have let him go too. Big Pat though, we treated him like dirt. All he wanted to do was retire a Bill and we ran him out of town. Complete BS, he could still play and made the PB in Minn, running the same cover two scheme we said he couldnt play.

Spikes and Big Pat. If the Bills could find 3-4 guys like them they would be in the hunt year in, year out.