Classic video - Last 2 minutes of Bills/dolphins 9/10/89

Truly, one of those Bills moments where you knew exactly where you were. I was living in Arlington, VA and was being kept alive here by the NBC Ten Minute Ticker (remember that ancient technology?). Anywho, the last score I saw was the Bills down 11 late in the 4th. I said screw it, and drove to my then-girlfriend's house in DC.

Well, I get Van on WHAM right as I'm going over the Potomac...and right before the last play, I had to drive into a tunnel...I lost recepetion! As I'm coming out of the tunnel, Van is going nuts and I start honking my horn like it's New Year's Eve. Got to my girlfriend's, called my brother and got the full scoop.

Damn...20 years ago, and it feels like last week. Every time I go through the E St. tunnel in DC, I remember that moment.

Thanks Jay for the tremendous find! :lol:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still the greatest single play in Bills history, in my opinion.

Because it was Miami and Marino. RUN the ball? Seriously (even though it would have been the safer call)?

a perfect example of the arrogance of Marino and why he never won a Super Bowl.

it was all about the passing stats with Danny boy

Actually that was 2 weeks later - I know this because I was on my honeymoon and I went to the US Embassy in the Bahamas to get scores. The next week was a MNF game against the Broncos. My wife of 2 days and I went to it with a 'just married' sign trying to get on TV but sadly we did not have the media magnet we now do. Sadly also, we lost that game 28-14. On the plus side, I'm still married (holy crap - 20 yrs!)

Ah yes, the game where Shane Conlan took a cheapshot from Broncos tight end...Clarence Kay?

:lol: