Anybody on here workout?

Peevo

You are saying you can add 20lb of lean muscle in 3 months? He said 6 which I thought was pretty far out there but you mean to tell me you could add 30lbs of lean muscle in 3 months? Are you training at BALCO? It is pretty much impossible without some form of "aide".

I said 20lbs in 3 months and yes, it is possible for to do it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everybody on this topic has been really helpful! Thanks a lot.

All in all, it seems the 1.0-1.5 grams/protein per pound of weight is a theme I've read many times over. This board and magazines/workout programs stress this as well. At 157 pounds, does that then mean I need to eat about 233 grams of lean protein a day?

I pretty much have to step up my chicken/turkey/tuna intake, as well as as whey or something. I have heard that ridiculous tuna consumption can lead to mercury poisoning (seriously), but you'd have to eat a LOT of it to really see any negative effects.

Basically, as some posters have made claims to motivation struggles, I've found a way to keep myself going to they gym about 5/6 times a week for about 3 months straight now. Only thing I can't keep disciplined is my nutrition, which is just as important. Its time to step it up.

Thanks again everybody!

Nutrition is probably 80% of the path to success. The workouts are the other 20. If you're really serious, consult a professional dietitian who specializes in athletic performance.

Hey everybody on this topic has been really helpful! Thanks a lot.

All in all, it seems the 1.0-1.5 grams/protein per pound of weight is a theme I've read many times over. This board and magazines/workout programs stress this as well. At 157 pounds, does that then mean I need to eat about 233 grams of lean protein a day?

I pretty much have to step up my chicken/turkey/tuna intake, as well as as whey or something. I have heard that ridiculous tuna consumption can lead to mercury poisoning (seriously), but you'd have to eat a LOT of it to really see any negative effects.

Basically, as some posters have made claims to motivation struggles, I've found a way to keep myself going to they gym about 5/6 times a week for about 3 months straight now. Only thing I can't keep disciplined is my nutrition, which is just as important. Its time to step it up.

Thanks again everybody!

Remember that just like anything too much protein is not good for you. You would have to eat a tremendous amount though. Go to this site http://www.vpxsports.com/ and order the ZERO Carb Whey. This stuff is great and delicious. Talk to someone who know what they are doing to put you on a diet and lifting regimen. Everyone here has good ideas and has been there but just like anything else it always good to get a professional opinion. This stuff is always changing.

I take the BANG before I lift or ride the bike. makes me full unbelievable. Its a great source of liquid creatine. I recommend it.

I said 20lbs in 3 months and yes, it is possible for to do it.

Anything is possible, but not likely. This guys job would be lifting, eating, resting, non stop. That means no drinking, no cheating and taking a serious amount of supplements to heal the body through rigorous training. For the normal guy trying to stay in shape this is impossible. Unless he is training for event there is no way.

Anything is possible, but not likely. This guys job would be lifting, eating, resting, non stop. That means no drinking, no cheating and taking a serious amount of supplements to heal the body through rigorous training. For the normal guy trying to stay in shape this is impossible. Unless he is training for event there is no way.

Who said it was easy? And you don't have to be training for "an event". You have to want to accomplish something and be willing to sacrifice and be disciplined enough to accomplish it.

But thanks for your negativity.

Who said it was easy? And you don't have to be training for "an event". You have to want to accomplish something and be willing to sacrifice and be disciplined enough to accomplish it.

But thanks for your negativity.

My negativity?? HA! I am just being honest. I am the least negative person you will meet. Youre just trying to argue, Im done dude.

My negativity?? HA! I am just being honest. I am the least negative person you will meet. Youre just trying to argue, Im done dude.

So saying that something is impossible isn't negative and is instead "honest"? I stand corrected.

I'm not "arguing" about anything. I presented a case and you said it was "impossible". Somehow that's me "arguing". I guess I learned something new today. I'll sure miss your posts in this thread, "dude".

So saying that something is impossible isn't negative and is instead "honest"? I stand corrected.

I'm not "arguing" about anything. I presented a case and you said it was "impossible". Somehow that's me "arguing". I guess I learned something new today. I'll sure miss your posts in this thread, "dude".

Ok Dude.

Not to mention it all depends on your current body type......I run half marathons 3-4 times a year and just did my first full in April here in St. Louis. Its hard to get really big when you do that much cardio, if I would just scale back my running to a few days a week and really focus on getting bigger for the sake of being bigger I could EASILY add 10 pounds of muscle on my frame..... give me 6 months and I bet I could get close to 20 lbs; I just don't want to look like that and I enjoy running too much.

i didnt say just protein shakes. i said weight gainer 2220, which is for you know WEIGHT GAINING. that coupled with that fact that i was 19 when i started working out. trust me if you eat a few big macs and fries (which is actually good for you every so often when you work out consistently) and eat your veggies, red meats, poultry, take your supplements and hit the gym 4x a week its not that hard.

I feel your pain, guy. 5'7 140lbs. Unfortunately lol I was on Muscle Milk Collegiate... It's like 40 bucks for a huge tub on amazon and is virtually the same thing but doesn't have as much creatine, hence it is approved for collegiate use. Also, green tea extract vitamins (bought at rite-aid) helps speed up your metabolism which is helpful.

First off you have to define your goals......then supplement and diet according to what you want to accomplish. If you are trying to get bigger you need to eat at least one gram of protein for every pound of body weight daily. I love Muscle Milk light because it taste great in addition to being low on calories. If you don't care as much for taste ABB makes ready to drink protein shakes that are 50grams of Protein and only 250 calories and are absolutely loaded with Vitamins. They don't taste horrible by any means but def. aren't as good at Muscle Milk light. I'll tell you what has worked best for me and what I take, I'm not huge either because in addition to lifting I'm also a big runner. Protein is just part of it, I also would reccomend taking an amino acid supplement....Protein is the building block for muscle but amino acids are the engine that drive the car. I'm 6ft 170lbs but I just recently reached my goal of doubling my body weight on bench and got 340lbs twice about a week ago.

I take

Before Workout (half an hour before)

2-3 scoops BSN NO Explode

After workout

1 scoop BSN Cell-Mass for 12 week cycle

during 6 week off cycle 10 grams of L-Glutamine

Throughout the day

I eat 6 meals (including protein shakes) and make sure I get 170-200 grams of protein a day

GNC amino blast 2 times a day (morning and night)

Multi Vitamin 2 times a day (morning and night)

Fish and Flax Oil 2 times a day (morning and night)

I eat a ton of fiber and veggies as well as a lot of fish and chicken, even a lot of lean beef and pork. (Beef gets a bad rap, its actually an awesome muscle builder).

As far as your workouts go it all depends on what works for you. I know I'm an over-trainer, I just love to workout (don't care about how I look, too me its just a great stress reliever). You could pay for a trainer but they are overpriced IMO and with a little research and through a little trial and error (ask if you don't know, be safe) you'll be fine.

Whatever you do don't buy Supplements at a store, buy them online and save a ton of money. I buy all mine here.....

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/index.html

Good Luck! And in my experience Discipline and proper nutrition is much more important then the actual working out part, although its important as well.

You are far, far away from proper nutrition.