Pro Bowl Guard Waters, wants out of KC

http://msn.foxsports.com/rumors/nfl

Waters wants to leave Chiefs per KC STAR

and

http://www.thewarpath.net/nfl-news-wire/30...nds-kansas.html

Disgruntled player arrives for mini camp

Brian Waters has been saying he wants out of KC ever since GM Pioli came into town. He has reported to the 1st day of mini camp, which was Friday June 5th. However, he has since blew off some engagements he has had for the Chiefs and now "apparently" wants out of KC.

Waters is 32 and is 6'3-320lbs. He started all 16 at LG and made the PRO BOWL last season. Last season he made 5.285 million dollars and I would assume he would make more this up coming season-

With all that being said, if this guy is available, DO WE WANT HIM? Think about it-

I would say yes, depending on a couple of things. Most importantly, that you dont give up anthing more than a 4th rounder (3rd at very most) for him, and does anyone know his current contract status? I think he has 3 years left on it (but not certain)

Sure, he'd be great to have, but the Bills have more pressing needs - if they were thinking of spending big money on a guy, I'd think it'd be on a position where we didn't just draft our assumed starters for the next five or six years. LT comes to mind. DT, OLB, too. There are four or five roster spots on our team that could use an influx of talent more, now, than at Guard. That's my opinion, but wouldn't you rather see us go after Henderson for four to five million a year? What about Levi Jones? Pisa - although he wasn't as huge a name, and wouldn't have been as important a position, would've made more sense, considering our apparent lack of depth there. I'd much rather see a solid LT, who, when added to mix, would make the two rookie G's look a lot more stable, swinging Walker back to RT, and having Butler as possible backup for RT, G, and Chambers backup for Tackle positions. That would make me feel much better. Granted, Waters would be a rock, and he'd be great to have regardless, I just think factoring money and needs, the $$$ would be better spent elsewhere.

I completely agree with the previous post. IMO we have more pressing needs than LT. I think Walker will hold his own, and I like the depth and versatility we have on our o-line. I would love to see Demetrius Bell slide right into that RT position (eventually to take over at LT), move Butler back to RG, Wood to center, and the Levitre to LG. Then we have capable and versitile backups in Hartgardner, Chambers and McKinney.

I really think it would be in our best interest to go hard after the maniac DT John Henderson. He, Stroud, and Kyle Williams would give opposing head coaches (and interior linemen) fits. Also, I wouldn't be opposed to picking up Derrick Brooks for some leadership in or LB corps.