Top local sports hero's

These top 10 , are my favorite local flavored atheletes. I feeel sad about Randy Smith so I felt like reliveing the past.

1) Randy Smith -- Not because he just passed away , but because of my memories of him. Actually he goes very underated as local hero's.

2) Warren Spahn-- One of the greatest pitchers of all time who kept his South Buffalo Roots.

3) Jim Schoenfeld-- "Bled" his passion.. What an example for young people

4) Kent Hull-- It all came together when he got here. The others got the glory but he was the glue. I question how successful we would have been without him.

5) Bob Lanier, Calvin Murphy-- I lump these guys together. Brought fame to this area. Great era of local B. Ball

6)Cliff Robinson another local standout that goes unnoticed. I think he excelled in the NBA to the age of 50 :thumbsup:

7) Darryl Talley - The soul of the "D"

8) Bob Chandler--- Talk about Mr. Dependable. Loved this guy

9) Mike Foligno-- I miss his passion, His enthusiasm with his trademark jump is priceless

10) Steve Christie-- We took his kicking for granted. He won a gezillion games in the last minute of play

6)Cliff Robinson another local standout that goes unnoticed. I think he excelled in the NBA to the age of 50 :thumbsup:

Lol, I hope you're joking about Cliff. He played until he was 40 (he's 42 now).

These top 10 , are my favorite local flavored atheletes. I feeel sad about Randy Smith so I felt like reliveing the past.

1) Randy Smith

2) Warren Spahn

3) Jim Schoenfeld

4) Kent Hull

5) Bob Lanier, Calvin Murphy

6)Cliff Robinson

7) Darryl Talley

8) Bob Chandler

9) Mike Foligno

10) Steve Christie

Very good list...all outstanding athletes and people!

Here's my own personal list:

1) Jim Kelly

2) Gilbert Perreault

3) Dominick Hasek

4) Bob McAdoo

5) Thurman Thomas

6) Bruce Smith

6) Andre Reed

7) Steve Tasker

8) Pat Lafontaine

9) Jack Kemp

10) Carmello Anthony (Syracuse is not strictly "Buffalo-local area" of course, but the kid put the Orange on his back, and won a National Championship as a freshmen in his only season playing there - I have been an Orange fan my whole life, so I could not leave 'Mello off my list.)

wow...I'm not seeing any names that don't deserve to be there. I've got personal favorites like Tom Sestak and Cookie Gilchrist ( a bit of a nut but really entertaining and one hell of a fullback, blocking and running.) Maybe Tim Horton going a ways back in hockey. Actually your original list with a few of the names added is the first tier. Nice post.