Was it ever un-official?

TO's Tweet from 20 minutes ago:

terrellowens81apparently sum1 needs 2 sit wozniak down & let him kno i signed a 1-yr deal & it doesn't makes sense 2 buy a house. damage control perhaps?

I guess there was never a reason to consider his deal could be more than a one and done, but this sort of seals it, for now at least.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TO's Tweet from 20 minutes ago:

terrellowens81apparently sum1 needs 2 sit wozniak down & let him kno i signed a 1-yr deal & it doesn't makes sense 2 buy a house. damage control perhaps?

I guess there was never a reason to consider his deal could be more than a one and done, but this sort of seals it, for now at least.

How?

If it's one year.. I can live with that and enjoy the show.

Anyway: his house hunting is not a reliable indicator of his frame of mind. He already OWNS three houses in three other cities already. He may not want to buy, regardless of Bills deal length.

I know I wouldn't want a forth house. I don't even want one house.

Because buying a home "doesn't makes sense."

It doesn't make sense with his one year deal.

You said now it's sealed that he's not coming back. It is entirely possible Owens has a great year here, with no problems, and signs an extension after the year.

I don't see how him not buying a house right now for his one year deal right now makes it impossible, or "seals" it, that he's not coming back. Your argument couldn't be any more flawed.

Because buying a home "doesn't makes sense."

Because it is a one year deal, and this is the NFL. He doesn't know where he will be next year. While I doubt he is with the Bills, this says absolutely nothing about whether he will, or wont. Had he bought a house, it wouldn't say anything about it, either, as the decision to stay isn't entirely in his hands.

Seriously, some of you guys really need to take a class in logic.

It doesn't make sense with his one year deal.

You said now it's sealed that he's not coming back. It is entirely possible Owens has a great year here, with no problems, and signs an extension after the year.

I don't see how him not buying a house right now for his one year deal right now makes it impossible, or "seals" it, that he's not coming back. Your argument couldn't be any more flawed.

Because it is a one year deal, and this is the NFL. He doesn't know where he will be next year. While I doubt he is with the Bills, this says absolutely nothing about whether he will, or wont. Had he bought a house, it wouldn't say anything about it, either, as the decision to stay isn't entirely in his hands.

Boy, you two are just e-rays of sunshine, aren't you?

Never said anything about him staying/leaving. I said "one and done," as in publicly and privately, no other indication that this is a one-year tryout for things to come.

Boy, you two are just e-rays of sunshine, aren't you?

Never said anything about him staying/leaving. I said "one and done," as in publicly and privately, no other indication that this is a one-year tryout for things to come.

What are you talking about? You said it is "official" that he's leaving. That now it's "sealed." And there was "never any consideration the deal would be longer than 1 year."

My God.

What are you talking about? You said it is "official" that he's leaving. That now it's "sealed." And there was "never any consideration the deal would be longer than 1 year."

My God.

Dude, what is your problem?

YOU put the words "official that's he's leaving" together, not me.

And then you repeated back to me what I said, which again, has nothing to do with LEAVING.

Oh, who am I fooling? You never pass up the opportunity to insult/make yourself feel superior to a fellow Bills fan. You must be proud of yourself.

Guest dog14787
How. I am Big Cat. I come in peace. Do you have a question?

how. I am dog. I come in peace

the pale face, he takes our Buffalo and he takes our land, he feeds us fire water so we go crazy and howl at the moon. He replaces our arrows with firesticks so we will go to war against his enemies.

So I come to you now in search of answers, will TO, the mighty warrior from the south help bring back the mighty Buffalo and save us from the pale face called belicheat and the evil spirit they call shady Brady.

how. I am dog. I come in peace

the pale face, he takes our Buffalo and he takes our land, and he feeds us whiskey so we go crazy and howl at the moon. He replaces our arrows with firesticks so we will go to war against his enemies.

So I come to you now in search of answers, will TO, the mighty warrior from the south help bring back the mighty Buffalo and save us from the pale face called belicheat and the evil spirit they call shady Brady.

;)

My problem is people stringing together information, that makes absolutely no sense, and in no way relates to their conclusion, in an attempt to manipulate people into believing their own personal opinions.

Your heading says "its official" and your post talks about him not buying a house and leaving.

And then you repeated back to me what I said, which again, has nothing to do with LEAVING.

How can you say you said nothing about him leaving, when you clearly said exactly this:

I guess there was never a reason to consider his deal could be more than a one and done, but this sort of seals it

Oh, who am I fooling? You never pass up the opportunity to insult/make yourself feel superior to a fellow Bills fan. You must be proud of yourself.

I never pass up the opportunity, because believe it or not, there are actually fans on this board that are more dumb than you, and if I let this poor excuse for an argument go un-tested, they will actually believe what you are saying to be true. Then I'll have to read even more ridiculous people believing that Owens is not staying here simply because he didn't buy a house 3 months after signing a 1 year deal. That's why I nip stupid things in the bud.

I'm sorry, now I'm even more confused. You seem to be contradicting your first post.

What is official?

What about his tweet that lead you to say, "I guess there was never a reason to consider his deal could be more than a one and done, but this sort of seals it, for now at least."?

The logical flaw that both you and the original poster are exhibiting is that TO's statement on Twitter either is definitive as to him leaving after this season, or is completely irrelevant as you make it out to be.

In fact, the truth seems to be somewhat in between. His re-emphasizing that he only signed a 1 year deal seems to be indicative of his mind set at the moment; that, at the present time, he can't foresee his stay in Buffalo lasting more than 1 yr. Of course, a lot can change in one year's time, and we have no idea where his head will be at 1 yr from now. However, in an uncapped year where the league's heavyweights may well engage in an arms race to stack their rosters as best as they can for 2010, I think the odds are definitely slim that TO is back next year.

The logical flaw that both you and the original poster are exhibiting is that TO's statement on Twitter either is definitive as to him leaving after this season, or is completely irrelevant as you make it out to be.

Wrong.

The flaw is that not buying a house = leaving after the season.

His re-emphasizing that he only signed a 1 year deal seems to be indicative of his mind set at the moment; that, at the present time, he can't foresee his stay in Buffalo lasting more than 1 yr.

Not true, again.

It doesn't mean that Owens "can't foresee his stay in Buffalo lasting more than 1 yr." It is not entirely up to Owens if he returns after the year. What if the Bills don't want him back? The smart thing is not to buy a house until there is a longer deal in place. It is not indicative of whether he wants to leave or not.

It means NOTHING.

He's not going to buy a house in Buffalo while he is on a one year contract.

The Bills are not going to randomly extend his contract 3 months before he makes his debut.

THREAD CLOSED. (Big Cat please bookmark and refer to this thread before starting any others that you may instantly disagree with.)