We're #8 !!!

no shame being behind any of those 7 teams in front.

However, I dont believe KC belongs. I saw a few of their home games last year where it seemed as though nobody showed up. The last Bills game last year the stadium was almost full until halftime.

If you think about those teams in front of us. And also some of the fans who got ranked behind (Bears, Cowboys, Giants, Skins, Pats* etc etc...) we really got some good cred from whoever set these rankings.

You should've went to Bills-Chiefs in '03 when they were undefeated. Place is insane. Ask Kenny and his crew- top 3 fans are Bills, Packers, Chiefs. End of story. Steelers, Browns round out the Top 5. Although, when I say Bills, I'm talking about Bills Nation, I'm not necessarily talking about the 20-year old dudes, who dropped out after 1 year at ECC, have chin-strap beards, live with their parents while installing systems in cars, wear/wore McGahee jerseys, crank horrendous new school rap music in the parking lot, know nothing about the Bills and look to fight other fans for no reason. WAY too many of those guys at Bills home games. That's why they should raise ticket prices.

The only problem I have with any team on that list is Denver. This place is front-runner city! As evidenced by the other three sports teams in this town. Horrible fan base... just horrible. No football knowledge outside of 1998, little to no respect given to any opponent, myopic beyond belief an if the QB ain't Elway you can forget about it. Look how fast they turned on Cutler AND Shanahanahanahan. These fans suck!

I can agree with your point on the Broncos fans. They are a bunch of turncoats. I went to a game at Mile High years ago, and the fans were pretty lame.

Rating road fans in other cities that I've been to:

Broncos - lame

Redskins - good fans...very willing to talk to other team's fans

Bears - great fans, friendly, but of course they were happy since the Bears kicked the Bills @$$

Cowboys and Dolphins - absolute jerks, can't stand their fan bases

Steelers - same as Bears

Chargers - very laid back, of course

Cardinals - fans kinda suck. They'll go from "I could care less" to "hey..I'm a huge fan now that we got to a Super Bowl!"

Texans - snore, but they were a new team

Falcons - decent fans when they show

Bucs - OK fans, no real problem with them

Saints - good fans, good time

Titans - kind of obnoxious and they'd prefer to talk about the Tennessee Volunteers and the SEC rather than the Titans

Dallas has way to many fair wearther fans, like patriots. Where are they when there down and out?

As much as it is popular to put down the cowboys & patriots fan bases, the cowboy have had 145 consecutive sellouts or in another word, they have been sold out since 1991. Admittedly that was the start of their super bowl runs however keep in mind I believe they have not won a playoff game since 1997. To keep selling out is pretty impressive.

As much as we like to rag on Pat fans for being fair weather, they have a sellout streak of 126 or the last 13 years. Not all of those have been good teams & the golden boy did not start playing for them for a few years after the sellout streak started. As much as we like to think the bills fans are the best, there are a few teams ahead of us. Some teams have waiting lists. My friend lives in Pittsburgh & says the waiting list is like 25 years for season tickets. Giants have a waiting list, Green Bay has a waiting list, Denver has a waiting list, KC I believe has a waiting list, Wash has a waiting list. So do not get me wrong, we are good fans, but I really can not say we are the best or even top 5. I think we are right where we should be. Maybe even a peg or 2 down.

I live in Denver, stop me if you've heard me say this before. Last year at the Bills-Broncos game where all they had to do was win and they would win the AFC West, not a cloud in the sky, granted it was 18-19 degrees, there were 10,000 no-shows! Bills fans ran the parking lot all day long. I have been to several Broncos games and any real Broncos fan will even tell you, the fans are weak! Read some of the comments below, a few of them reference the rich execs who are the only ones that can afford the tickets. There is ZERO blue collar element to their fanbase, at least the ones that attend the games. And for those of you who question whether or not the Bills are top-5 worthy have clearly never traveled for a road game, have no idea how special Bills fans are and probably shouldn't even be on here!

I agree, Denver lost alot of their homefield advantage when they moved out of Mile High. With that being said, the fans seem like they are very passionate towards the broncos. Maybe if the tickets weren't so expensive they would not have all the suits there.

I agree, Denver lost alot of their homefield advantage when they moved out of Mile High. With that being said, the fans seem like they are very passionate towards the broncos. Maybe if the tickets weren't so expensive they would not have all the suits there.

They're passionate about Elway and whatever the free-agent signing of the moment is. They loved Lynch when they signed him a few years ago, but when Lynch wanted out so he could find out if his services could be better used elsewhere, they turned on him like Benedict Arnold... calling him selfish, not a team player, etc...

(of course we've seen the same act from our own fans towards some Bills players) :wallbash:

Nevermind... :ph34r:

But the fans were a joke last year when the Bills beat them. I walked out of that stadium on cloud freaking nine that day! And they STILL had the audacity to say "Bills suck." AFTER WE BEAT THEM!?!?

They're passionate about Elway and whatever the free-agent signing of the moment is. They loved Lynch when they signed him a few years ago, but when Lynch wanted out so he could find out if his services could be better used elsewhere, they turned on him like Benedict Arnold... calling him selfish, not a team player, etc...

(of course we've seen the same act from our own fans towards some Bills players) :wallbash:

Nevermind... :ph34r:

But the fans were a joke last year when the Bills beat them. I walked out of that stadium on cloud freaking nine that day! And they STILL had the audacity to say "Bills suck." AFTER WE BEAT THEM!?!?

Yeah, it does not seem like Denver is one of the scarier places to play anymore. I just remember back in the Elway days you cringe when your team had to make a trip during the year to Mile High. It usually resulted in a loss. The number of no shows are really surprising. I remember seeing an NFL highlight film of the broncos back in the late 80s/early 90s & at one point the PA announce announced the crowd & then said there were 14 no shows & the crowd started booing like they expected there to be -0- no shows. I thought that was pretty impressive.

I remember seeing an NFL highlight film of the broncos back in the late 80s/early 90s & at one point the PA announce announced the crowd & then said there were 14 no shows & the crowd started booing like they expected there to be -0- no shows. I thought that was pretty impressive.

Didn't Stan Roberts do that back when he was PA man for then Rich Stadium? I may be having revisionist history, but I thought I remembered hearing the same thing during the Bills runs? I further thought he followed it with something like "what are you 14 people doing?"

This poll is weak and lame. Buffalo should always be near the top of any rabid fan base list. Denver...been there, fans were OK, but there were a TON of Bills fans there more than holding their own. Oakland...never been there, but they do in fact have some looney fans, and I can't speak of the tailgate experience there, can anyone elaborate? Philly...they were a lot of fun. They have a passion for their team and they know the game...they earn kudos (even though I dislike most Philthy things). Dallas...been there, good game experience, but it wasn't anything like the Ralph. I enjoyed it more because me and a few friends downed a couple cases of beer and ate our asses off for 3.5 to 4 hours before the game and had some nice looking ladies nearby that were a LOT of fun :wallbash: Other than that, it was eh... Greenbay...never been there, but they live and die with their team as much as we do, so I can only assume they too are ranked appropriately. KC...was just there last year, atmosphere was good, but I wasn't overly impressed. I guess mostly because there was a TON of Bills fans that dominated the Chiefs lot that we were in. We had loads of Bills fans tailgating in the line to tailgate an hour before they opened the gates! The Chiefs fans we were with were most impressed by our numbers and our tailgate abilities, lol. Saying that, the Chiefs fans themselves were damn cool to party with. Chicago...eh. New England...eh. Pittsburgh...good fan base, decent tailgating, good football knowledge (it doesn't hurt that the franchise just knows how to do it right and the fans respond in kind). Cleveland...the closest thing to Buffalo as far as fan knowledge, looney toon rabidness, and association to team. If the Bills were to leave town, I'd prob follow the Browns as I would fit like a glove with those fans.

McD

As much as it is popular to put down the cowboys & patriots fan bases, the cowboy have had 145 consecutive sellouts or in another word, they have been sold out since 1991. Admittedly that was the start of their super bowl runs however keep in mind I believe they have not won a playoff game since 1997. To keep selling out is pretty impressive.

As much as we like to rag on Pat fans for being fair weather, they have a sellout streak of 126 or the last 13 years. Not all of those have been good teams & the golden boy did not start playing for them for a few years after the sellout streak started. As much as we like to think the bills fans are the best, there are a few teams ahead of us. Some teams have waiting lists. My friend lives in Pittsburgh & says the waiting list is like 25 years for season tickets. Giants have a waiting list, Green Bay has a waiting list, Denver has a waiting list, KC I believe has a waiting list, Wash has a waiting list. So do not get me wrong, we are good fans, but I really can not say we are the best or even top 5. I think we are right where we should be. Maybe even a peg or 2 down.

I do not think selling out, or waiting lists, or any of that has much to do with what kind of fans you have. Dallas has probably the largest fan base in the USA of coarse they're going to have waiting list. I had a friend in school that became a Dallas fan only because they won the super bowl. I soon realized that most of Dallas' fans jumped on the bandwagon that way. I'm sorry, but if you root for a team just to stroke your ego and not for any real dedication to team then you're not a real fan.

It is true that the Bills don't have a waiting list for season tickets, while some of these other teams do. But you HAVE to take into consideration the state of each region's economy. Denver for instance, is a happy, fluffy, healthy, growing, expanding city and as I stated previously, the tickets go to the hedge fund managers to take their clients. You have to look at the passion of the fans and if you go to games in other stadiums, you will quickly see that Bills fans are like very few fans. And by the way, Giants fans suck.

It is true that the Bills don't have a waiting list for season tickets, while some of these other teams do. But you HAVE to take into consideration the state of each region's economy. Denver for instance, is a happy, fluffy, healthy, growing, expanding city and as I stated previously, the tickets go to the hedge fund managers to take their clients. You have to look at the passion of the fans and if you go to games in other stadiums, you will quickly see that Bills fans are like very few fans. And by the way, Giants fans suck.

I could buy the last 2 posts. I tend to agree with both of them. I have had season tickets for 12 years & have also been to alot of road trips(Jacksonville, Miami, Tampa, Carolina, Meadowlands, Pittsburgh, SD, Dallas, Kansas City. I really have to say the only tailgating/game experience that even comes close to the Ralph is KC. KC might have changed. I was there a long time ago when ROJO played for us. The tailgating was pretty intense there though. The different types of grilling there was unreal. It was not three drunk aholes with a little hibatchi cooking hotdogs. Some of the food that was @ KC was incredible. Plus it was kind of a big game for both teams & the fans were pretty decent as I recall.