GM is selling Hummer to the Chinese

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You seem to think that suddenly China has military secrets thanks to Hummer. They don't. So maybe it's YOU who've missed the point, dummy.

Man, you really are thick headed, where did I say they got military secrets from us because of the Hummer acquisition. Why don't you go back and read what I wrote first before you respond. ;)

Btw, that's three times you totally missed the point,

3 strikes.

your out :beer:

mmmkay

I think we've established that technology is hardly an issue here. The Chinese can find better auto technology just about anywhere, they don't need Hummer for that. So, we're really down to the Hummer giving the Chinese an entry into the US market. Is that really your concern?

The Hummer has a VERY limited market, and the Chinese would likely to better entering the US market the same way the Japanese and Koreans, have.

I think some of us are missing your point, because you really have no important point. You just want to complain about a deal that has no major negative consequences, but since it was done while Obama is Pres, it MUST be bad. I think you are complaining about virtually nothing, here.

Had the Chinese bought Saturn, you'd have a much better argument, IMO.

I think we've established that technology is hardly an issue here. The Chinese can find better auto technology just about anywhere, they don't need Hummer for that. So, we're really down to the Hummer giving the Chinese an entry into the US market. Is that really your concern?

The Hummer has a VERY limited market, and the Chinese would likely to better entering the US market the same way the Japanese and Koreans, have.

I think some of us are missing your point, because you really have no important point. You just want to complain about a deal that has no major negative consequences, but since it was done while Obama is Pres, it MUST be bad. I think you are complaining about virtually nothing, here.

Dean, I know you're smarter than this, I've said repeatedly why this is an important move for the Chinese. And no, you havn't made your point about them not gaining technology.

1) They get to enter the North American auto markets in a meaningful way for the first time. That is important. This is just the first step. If you don't understand that Dean, then I don't know what to tell you.

2) The motive of operations. This is huge. They know how an american assembly line functions, how they do business and the technology of the assembly plant.

3) Auto design ideas. Like I said many times before, this isn't the silver bullet for instant success. THis is an entry point not just entering the North American markets and motive of operations, but now they gain design ideas from the Hummer staff, which btw did a good job in making the H3.

So you didn't establish anything. If I were GM, I would of sold this unit off as well. That wasn't my point. My whole point was simple, and I will make it simple for you so you can understand.

THe chinese are gearing up for global growth. We are sizing down.

Read my initial post again Dean, and my point was made there.

They are moving in the right direction, we are not. That's my concern.

Easy enough?

He admited he likes to watch children. And he has no children, nor has he had any children. I wouldnt let him any where near my children. I think he is.

Not sure what post that came from, but way beyond the bounds unless you have proof. IMO of course.

In military terms, the Humvee (H1) is just a 3/4 ton truck. Valuable (insanely so, in military terms), but hardly a revolutionary piece of technology.

And I'm sure AM General still has the capability to manufacture them. So do the Chinese, for that matter...they've been building them for a while now. In that respect, the purchase of Hummer is somewhere between a formality and an irrelevency.

Tell that to a hooker. ;)

They at least have the ability to dump them on the market, unlike GM, who had to worry about that pesky "profit" thing. (At least nominally. I've seen no evidence the past decade that they actually worried about profits...)

That was a more impressive promise before the sh-- sandwich he fed us all last season...

:bag::beer:

:rolleyes:

Right, because he is a pedophile... :(

Care to pull the Hitler card? Cry racism? Big bad wolf? Or you can call me a !@#$ing moron; riveting stuff you are posting lately.

Lately? :angry:

Not sure what post that came from, but way beyond the bounds unless you have proof. IMO of course.

Even by erythered's extraordinarily low standards, this is particularly stupid. It is neither clever (something he's likely never been able to pull off) nor informative. Here's the post...you find ANY connection to pedophilia:

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?s=&am...t&p=1444075

It is obvious eryntheread didn't know what the word "pedophile" meant, when he posted. After that was pointed out, he realized he screwed up, yet again, and tried to make a reach to find SOMETHING to cover yet another of his stupid blunders. He decided that anyone without children should never "encounter someone with young children", as if parents weren't walking around with their children in public.

But, we have to excuse this mouth-breathing troglodyte who clearly never graduated from grade school. He is simply a mean-spirited frustrated old man, who gets his jollies by having ANYONE pay some attention to him. It isn't his fault if he has no interesting abilities, or wit, and has to resort to making comments that are so stupid, he attracts criticism. Maybe if he wasn't such total piece of s#it, his children would talk to him, and he wouldn't have to post here.

Even by erythered's extraordinarily low standards, this is particularly stupid. It is neither clever (something he's likely never been able to pull off) nor informative. Here's the post...you find ANY connection to pedophilia:

It is obvious eryntheread didn't know what the word "pedophile" meant, when he posted. After that was pointed out, he realized he screwed up, yet again, and tried to make a reach to find SOMETHING to cover yet another of his stupid blunders. He decided that anyone without children should never "encounter someone with young children", as if parents weren't walking around with their children in public.

But, we have to excuse this mouth-breathing troglodyte who clearly never graduated from grade school. He is simply a mean-spirited frustrated old man, who gets his jollies by having ANYONE pay some attention to him. It isn't his fault if he has no interesting abilities, or wit, and has to resort to making comments that are so stupid, he attracts criticism. Maybe if he wasn't such total piece of s#it, his children would talk to him, and he wouldn't have to post here.

I saw that one, I assumed I had missed one somewhere else.

PWI is fun, always assuming you don't go off the deep end.

Olive branch to erynthered

No, I'm sure the booking officer told him a few years ago.

THe chinese are gearing up for global growth. We are sizing down.

Read my initial post again Dean, and my point was made there.

They are moving in the right direction, we are not. That's my concern.

Easy enough?

I think the bolded statement is your real point, I think I'm just sayin' this deal is a very small drop in the bucket. Virtually meaningless, as the Chinese don't need this to make an entry to our market.

Skew it it anyway way you want Mr. child molester, I know who you are. I and many here understand why you've been watching children from afar. No children. No marriage. No ties to anybody. Its the perfect profile. I for one wouldn't let you come near my children.

If any body knows where he lives, please notify the authorities.

I've had PM's that have confirmed this. Seriously, this man is a danger.