Pats* Think McKelvin Was Weakspot

Not mentioning Evans by name is "going off the deep end"? <_< I thought other Bills fans wouldn't need me to spell out his name. Yes, it's Lee Evans.

Why would anyone that is not a dingledorf make a big deal about it?

You're just a funny guy, SP. Willing to go to any and all lengths to diminish any positives the Bills could possibly have. Hey, at least you're committed.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not mentioning Evans by name is "going off the deep end"? <_< I thought other Bills fans wouldn't need me to spell out his name. Yes, it's Lee Evans.

Why would anyone that is not a dingledorf make a big deal about it?

Well for starters, TO and Evans would definitely be better than CO and TJH. What was curious was saying TO and "anyone." Obviously TO and say, Justin Jenkins wouldn't be better.

slow day, so here's another post:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=4211874

Excerpt:

Nobody adjusts like New England, and the Patriots have beaten the Bills 11 times by a combined score of 321-96 with a variety of schemes and players. In 2007, Tom Brady topped 300 yards in both games. Before last season's finale, the Pats designed a bevy of route combinations to expose backup CB Leodis McKelvin, subbing for injured Jabari Greer. But 30 mph winds and 65 mph gusts changed that plan, and the Pats won with 168 yards rushing, with quarterback Matt Cassel attempting only eight passes. "I played the Bills seven times," said former Patriots fullback Heath Evans, now a Saint, "and every single game plan was drastically different."

Personally, I thought that McKelvin was progressing nicely, and looked pretty solid by the end of the year. I'm kinda wondering what the Pats* thought they saw, and whether they may game plan similarly for the opener?

Heath Evans' comment is pretty telling about what the BB thinks about our coching staff's ability to change the plan mid-game (something we all picked up on a while ago). It's like their idea of hwo tobeat the Bills is to come up with a new game plan that we can't plan for the week before the game and then force us to make adjustments (which they know we can't do or at least can't do effectively).

On the flip side, this is something I've always thought would be good for us to do against the Pats* - come at them with something they don't expect, make them adjust, and then start switching to keep them off balance. For instance, if they came out on Monday night in the no-huddle (a la the K-Gun - 3 and 4 wide sets) for the first half. After halftime, come out in 3 tightend sets and ram the ball down their throat. Go back to the no-huddle for a series here there in the 2nd half as well, just to keep them off-balance. You could use the same idea on defense and really just try to throw them off. Basically what Miami did with the Wild Cat in the first game against them last year.

Guest dog14787
Heath Evans' comment is pretty telling about what the BB thinks about our coching staff's ability to change the plan mid-game (something we all picked up on a while ago). It's like their idea of hwo tobeat the Bills is to come up with a new game plan that we can't plan for the week before the game and then force us to make adjustments (which they know we can't do or at least can't do effectively).

On the flip side, this is something I've always thought would be good for us to do against the Pats* - come at them with something they don't expect, make them adjust, and then start switching to keep them off balance. For instance, if they came out on Monday night in the no-huddle (a la the K-Gun - 3 and 4 wide sets) for the first half. After halftime, come out in 3 tightend sets and ram the ball down their throat. Go back to the no-huddle for a series here there in the 2nd half as well, just to keep them off-balance. You could use the same idea on defense and really just try to throw them off. Basically what Miami did with the Wild Cat in the first game against them last year.

I tend to agree, you could also run the no huddle in spurts, but the main thing is to keep the Belicheat monster off balance and never let him dictate to you, you dictate to him and make him adjust on the fly. :devil:

New England won that game because they played with an extra offensive lineman every snap (Russ Hochstein played TE the entire game), and ran behind him every...single...play. Buffalo did absolutely nothing to adjust, and it showed.

What could they have done? The Bills defensive line is more putrid than the lines Tom Olivadotti oversaw in Miami!

Well for starters, TO and Evans would definitely be better than CO and TJH. What was curious was saying TO and "anyone." Obviously TO and say, Justin Jenkins wouldn't be better.

NP. It's just making mountains out of mole hills, really. We both know that the guy on the other side is Lee Evans. It's no Earth shattering revelation on this board. I chose the phrase "TO and anyone" not because I thought Bills fans would be confused but to play to the TO hype. People like to talk about TO and throw out his stats (when he did not play with Evans). Especially in the media, it is TO that takes the spotlight and then the "others" that tag along as his backup band.

The actual point was that behind Edwards at QB, we have some questions. Heck, Edwards is far from greatness himself. Of course, we have a new backup and "new means better" to the few.