Bills opening up the playbook & getting creative

Good story, and I like the quotes by Trent.

Call my thinking out dated as you will, but I think that it centers around the running game. If these new guys can open holes, the rest will follow. If not, we could be picking in the top 5 in 2010.

Jmo.

I don't disagree Bill but I think a legitimate passing attack will also help the running game. Teams can't double both Lee and Terrell. If they try then it's up to Josh Reed or our new TE to make them pay for it. If we can at least hurt them with a few completions opposing defenses won't be able to island up their corners while their FS & SS stack the box.

My God don't tell me we could actually employ play action! Play sequencing! Holy Buckets!

Yale notwithstanding, DJ is just not a very smart guy. I think his "more creative play-calling" will be a disaster. More plays like JPs wonder in the jets game, if DJ tries to get creative.

Up the middle with Lynch, even DJ can't eff that up too much.

I don't disagree Bill but I think a legitimate passing attack will also help the running game. Teams can't double both Lee and Terrell. If they try then it's up to Josh Reed or our new TE to make them pay for it. If we can at least hurt them with a few completions opposing defenses won't be able to island up their corners while their FS & SS stack the box.

I don't care what you call it (& doubt whether you do either). Run to set up the pass. Pass to set up the run.

Just give me an honest to goodness NFL caliber offense ferchrissakes.

Good story, and I like the quotes by Trent.

Call my thinking out dated as you will, but I think that it centers around the running game. If these new guys can open holes, the rest will follow. If not, we could be picking in the top 5 in 2010.

Jmo.

Not sure how having 3 RBs on the roster changes the "Put an extra guy in the box and it stops their running game". Will they all be in the backfield at the same time?

Here's an interesting bit:

Everybody wants to rank a pecking order of Bills receivers, but Owens said that's not important.

"I don't really speculate on any of that," he said when asked, as the new guy, if he's deferring to Evans. "I just come out here and do my job. I don't worry about who is No. 1, No. 2 or none of that stuff. I'll leave that guesswork up to you guys."

Prior to the 2007 season:

T.O.: 'We are going to make this a happy season'

"It is frustrating because I want to win and I am a competitor," Owens said. "I know my role on this team and that is to make plays and when I am not making plays and I am not having success, then you know, I am not having fun."

Owens has just one touchdown in his last four games and has yet to register a 100-yard receiving game this season. He wants offensive coordinator Jason Garrett to change that in Washington.

"There are a number of things that the offensive coordinator has to do to get me involved," the Pro Bowl receiver said. "We can go back to the drawing board and look at the things that made me successful last year, moving me around a little bit and really just making it an effort to get me the ball in certain routes. There are some things that we are working on, and I think the second half of the season is looking promising for us."

Yeah, he doesn't worry about who number one is.

Yale notwithstanding, DJ is just not a very smart guy. I think his "more creative play-calling" will be a disaster. More plays like JPs wonder in the jets game, if DJ tries to get creative.

You really have an agenda against all the members of the Bills Front Office don't you?

You really have an agenda against all the members of the Bills Front Office don't you?

Last year was a great shock.

Everything since then has been reinforcing that for me.

OK, let them do something good the FO or the coach. I will credit them for certain.

Last year was a great shock.

Everything since then has been reinforcing that for me.

OK, let them do something good the FO or the coach. I will credit them for certain.

I don't think there is anything the FO could do that would change this opinion of yours. Every post you make is in some way a jab against DJ, or Brandon and their perceived incompetence

I agree. Trent will have obvious, visible weapons to throw to. But if they can't run, teams will still be able to "cheat" a little. It makes sense.

I also agree with Beerball. Balance is a huge offensive need. Part of that balance is a good air attack. The other is kicikng the opponents ass at the LOS and gaining yardage, killing the clock and punishing the opponents physically.

I don't think there is anything the FO could do that would change this opinion of yours. Every post you make is in some way a jab against DJ, or Brandon and their perceived incompetence

I liked them extending Stroud.

I liked them taking care of Jackson.

I liked the first couple of draft picks this year (but felt they missed big time on the Byrd; we'll see but Brown seemed better to me as a player and in terms of our needs; then they compounded by taking 2 more dbs in the same draft (of course)).

So there are things I like for certain. It is just the rest of it, everything else.

I really hope they do something good and have a winning season, prove me to be a blustering fool

I agree. Trent will have obvious, visible weapons to throw to. But if they can't run, teams will still be able to "cheat" a little. It makes sense.

I also agree with Beerball. Balance is a huge offensive need. Part of that balance is a good air attack. The other is kicikng the opponents ass at the LOS and gaining yardage, killing the clock and punishing the opponents physically.

The biggest improvement this offense can make in 2009 is to increase their 3rd down conversion percentage and find a way to put 7 on the board in the red zone. That is going to come from effective running and a good play action attack. Hopefully that can be implemented and utilized this year.

The biggest improvement this offense can make in 2009 is to increase their 3rd down conversion percentage and find a way to put 7 on the board in the red zone. That is going to come from effective running and a good play action attack. Hopefully that can be implemented and utilized this year.

That is why we drafted Hardy last year and TO this year. Something tells me TO will have a more immediate impact though, so things may improve in that respect, right away.

DJ doesn't call the plays, dude. That would be Schonert.

good read. Thanks for posting. I like what TO said about not caring who is #1 or #2. I just wonder how much of that is for real and how much is BS...

Crash Davis: It's time to work on your interviews.

Ebby Calvin LaLoosh: My interviews? What do I gotta do?

Crash Davis: You're gonna have to learn your clichés. You're gonna have to study them, you're gonna have to know them. They're your friends. Write this down: "We gotta play it one day at a time."

Ebby Calvin LaLoosh: Got to play... it's pretty boring.

Crash Davis: 'Course it's boring, that's the point. Write it down.