Edwards Hates Checking Down

1) You realize that Edwards outplayed JP in both preseasons right?

2) Losman lost the job several different times.

3) I used to like Losman (still like the person) but the fact that people still make excuses for him just drives me insane. He sucked in about 75% of his starts with 2 different coachign staffs after being handed the job without earning it.

Edwards may or may not be the answer but he is so far ahead of Losman at the same point in their careers, it's not even funny. The only reason Edwards gets the crap he does is because guys like Losman, RJ, Bledsoe, and Collins sucked so bad. If we weren't such a jaded bunch because of the last decade (and there is good reason for this), people would recognize that TE is a promising young QB. And as with any young QB, you will go through ups and downs while learning on the job. Bills fan have become completely irrational.

1. Preseason is irrelevant.

2. Losman proved that he wasn't the answer himself, last year.

3. Yeah, he is ahead of Losman at this point in their careers. Losman was a PROJECT that was going to take time to develop. He didn't end up working out. Now it's Edwards turn to see if he works out.

I do recognize that Edwards is a promising QB. I've also recognized that having 'poise' doesn't equal to production as a QB.

Great reason to dislike a player: people on a message board.

Just for the record, nobody is blindly doling out praise, just appreciating, having been in situations where things aren't going well and you just have to keep mucking along, that he could have 'mailed it in' during the Cleveland game and didn't. He had EVERY reason to. And he didn't. That counts for something in my book. And it's an intangible part of the growing process for a QB.

I remember a certain Monday night game at Cincy when Kelly threw 3 first quarter INTs as well. I think he ended up with 5 TD passes in that game. Now before you get your drawers in a wad, I'm not comparing the Kelly of that Cincy game (a Kelly who'd been a pro QB for a number of years at that point) with the Edwards against Cleveland. I'm simply saying that in both instances lesser QBs may have found a reason to tank it. But neither did. That's a plus whether you can see it or not in Edwards' case.

GO BILLS!!!

It may not be the best reason, but it's the reason why I don't like him. The same thing happened with me w/ Daunte Culpepper on another board.

fwiw I wasn't pointing at you as one of the people that is 'blindly doling out praise'.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"They practiced really hard all week. We looked good, really good, going into Friday's practice."

"It was a play we designed and practiced for this particular situation on the field. We executed it well in practice."

1. Preseason is irrelevant.

2. Losman proved that he wasn't the answer himself, last year.

3. Yeah, he is ahead of Losman at this point in their careers. Losman was a PROJECT that was going to take time to develop. He didn't end up working out. Now it's Edwards turn to see if he works out.

I do recognize that Edwards is a promising QB. I've also recognized that having 'poise' doesn't equal to production as a QB.

It may not be the best reason, but it's the reason why I don't like him. The same thing happened with me w/ Daunte Culpepper on another board.

fwiw I wasn't pointing at you as one of the people that is 'blindly doling out praise'.

1. not when you have positional compeition

2. no, he proved he wasn't the answer in the 2007 loss to Jax

3.5. If not his poise, then to just exactly WHAT do you credit Trent's success to date?

1. not when you have positional compeition

2. no, he proved he wasn't the answer in the 2007 loss to Jax

3.5. If not his poise, then to just exactly WHAT do you credit Trent's success to date?

opponents record 149 wins and 205 lost , when he started the last two years. What winning pct. is that ? Your going to have a higher success rate if your playing bad teams. Just like our 5 and 1 start. What was the win and lost record of those teams he started againts the first 6 weeks ?