A great Bills come back game long forgotten

Odomes barely played a game in Seattle, he signed a huge deal (for that time) and suffered, what turned out to be, two career ending knee injuries, IIRC in pre-season. Ballard also went to Seattle, and disappeared. Shane Conlan put in some solid (1 pro-Bowl I belive) years with some bad Rams teams, before injuries ended his career. Wolford was the best of the bunch. He continued to play at pro-Bowl level with the Colts, and later, the Steelers. He was a stud. Talley, in his later years, ended his career quietly, with the Falcons. Bennett went to the Falcons also, where he was a solid contributer to their Super Bowl appearance... Metzelaaers and Frank Reich went to Carolina in 1995, and were starters on the inaugural Carolina Panthers squad.

Beebe went to Carolina as well before joining the Packers for a SB win

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there! On my birthday, no less.

The Blizzard of 77 Seconds!

Thanks, I was trying to remember the time frame of the scores. Didn't they score 3 times in the 77 seconds? The house was a rockin' and I truly miss those days. That game really did seem to start to turn that team around. After the Raiders game the media started to use the word "destiny" alot. Rich Stadium used to be a place teams hated to come to play much like Arrow head, and not so much for the weather but because of the noise level. I can only imagine what it would be like if this stadium had been designed like Seattles to enclose the noise. We would be deaf by now. Unfortunately the crowd enthusiasm has taken the same path as the Bills. I remember the 2 and 12 seasons that led to the OJ years, and the 0 for 20 against the hated fins and I long for the glory years again. Hopefully a new dawn is arising.

Hardly forgotten in my opinion! That game was the catalyst to the Super Bowl appearances.

I've always thought the same thing. That Bennett FG-block TD was a watershed play in Bills history. I always am eyeing up our next big play like that, which will usher in the next great era in Bills football.

JR in Ann Arbor, the play will be in New England on the opening Monday Night telecast as Leodis McKelvin will pick off a Brady pass intended for Moss to turn the tide and shock the world!!! Just Saying!

Bills 35

Pats 30

God, I hated Elway. I still do. He was an above average qb on good teams for a long time and smiled a lot, so I guess that means he should be in the hall of fame, right?

Totally with you on the Elway hate. Easily hated him more than Aikman. He's second to Marino as far as quarterbacks go.