All upstate D1 Lacrosse final

ACor58

No it wasn't. Really the only problem in that game was Tambroni not calling timeout on the last clear....when the coach has mental breakdowns, so do the players. Great game though....

Didn't really see a conclusive replay that showed Keogh's glove touching the crease line. Never mind the fact that Amidon was slashed in the head about 10 seconds before that.

Regardless, I will stand by my original statement that the refs did SU no favors today.

Didn't really see a conclusive replay that showed Keogh's glove touching the crease line. Never mind the fact that Amidon was slashed in the head about 10 seconds before that.

Regardless, I will stand by my original statement that the refs did SU no favors today.

Take your orange colored glasses off dude...his glove was in the crease before the ball went in. Conclusively. You won, stop being an ass

I managed to keep from hurling the remote through the big-screen when SU tied it, and again when they scored in OT, but I'll be damned if I was going to watch them celebrate.

Think I'd better stop there. :w00t:

Take your orange colored glasses off dude...his glove was in the crease before the ball went in. Conclusively. You won, stop being an ass

If you took the time to read through the thread, you'd realize that my commentary on the officiating was in response to someone else complaining about a perceived non-call that hurt Cornell.

I don't really care about the in the crease call, or the EMOs against, because Syracuse fought through it all and won.

I still stand by my statement that the officiating crew did SU no favors today. Do you disagree with that?

I still stand by my statement that the officiating crew did SU no favors today. Do you disagree with that?

Yes, I do. Cornell played a very disciplined game (until the end), and the whistles were used sparingly so that the game could be decided on the field. There were no officiating controversies (unless somehow Tambroni called a TO on that last clear and the refs didn't whistle it, but I haven't heard anything to that effect). It was a great game as the lacrosse championship usually is. SU wasn't owed any "favors".

Yes, I do. Cornell played a very disciplined game (until the end), and the whistles were used sparingly so that the game could be decided on the field. There were no officiating controversies (unless somehow Tambroni called a TO on that last clear and the refs didn't whistle it, but I haven't heard anything to that effect). It was a great game as the lacrosse championship usually is. SU wasn't owed any "favors".

Huh? Where did I say that SU was "owed any 'favors'"? My point was that SU wasn't the beneficiary of questionable/missed calls today.

No it wasn't. Really the only problem in that game was Tambroni not calling timeout on the last clear....when the coach has mental breakdowns, so do the players. Great game though....

Did they have any timeouts left? Probably a million differnt things that they could have done, but trying to clear with your longsticks was not a good move at all. They would have been better off cheaping the ball down the field and riding.

Either way it was a great day for the sport. Too bad someone had to lose that game.

I've seen too many Buffalo teams lose that way in my lifetime. Makes me want to hurl every time I see a game end that way, especially when the heavily-favored team just nonchalantly rips the heart out of the underdog. Epic fail, Big Red.

PTR

I've seen too many Buffalo teams lose that way in my lifetime. Makes me want to hurl every time I see a game end that way, especially when the heavily-favored team just nonchalantly rips the heart out of the underdog. Epic fail, Big Red.

PTR

As a life-long Bills fan and long-time Red Sox fan, I have - sadly - come to expect endings like that.

I managed to keep from hurling the remote through the big-screen when SU tied it, and again when they scored in OT, but I'll be damned if I was going to watch them celebrate.

Think I'd better stop there. :blink:

Lori, as a Bills fan for many years, I didn't take you for a sore loser. As long as Syracuse won, I'm happy. :unsure:

Lori, as a Bills fan for many years, I didn't take you for a sore loser. As long as Syracuse won, I'm happy. :blink:

I would've thought my detestation for all things Orange was a well-known fact by now ...

I would've thought my detestation for all things Orange was a well-known fact by now ...

No I guess I never payed attention. If I remember correct you are a fan of the guy who has already been embalmed but still walking the sidelines in happy valley. Beyond that I didn't know that you hated the best sports college in the country, especially in the oldest game in this country.

"Best sports college in the ..."

Hahaha. Okay, I'm walking away from this thread now, before I get myself in trouble. I'll leave you with two sets of numbers, though, and let you figure out what they mean:

22-4

55-13

"Best sports college in the ..."

Hahaha. Okay, I'm walking away from this thread now, before I get myself in trouble. I'll leave you with two sets of numbers, though, and let you figure out what they mean:

22-4

55-13

You're not very nice. :blink:

I prefer 11 vs. 0 especially since we're talking lacrosse.