All upstate D1 Lacrosse final

ACor58

Monday 1PM on ESPN2.

SU beat the Big Red 15-10 in the regular season but Cornell rolled past Princeton and Virginia in the tournament, the only two teams to beat SU this season.

It will be a day for upstate lacrosse fans and the game itself.

you may have missed the other thread where Cortland St., LeMoyne, are also playing right now for the D2 and D3 Nat'l Championship, and OCC already has the JUCO Nat'l Championship...not to mention B-Ville and W. Genny Girls are top 2 HS teams in the nation, can't speak to the Boy's side, but I am sure W. Genny is up there. CNY rules LAX!!!!!

Monday 1PM on ESPN2.

SU beat the Big Red 15-10 in the regular season but Cornell rolled past Princeton and Virginia in the tournament, the only two teams to beat SU this season.

It will be a day for upstate lacrosse fans and the game itself.

Which really surprises me that the Syracuse Smash never had any decent attendance numbers.

Not suprising at all really. Indoor lacrosse is for the casual fan and those that don't know the rules or find outdoor too "slow." The season also competed with SU basketball and much of the outdoor high school and college season. I do like the indoor game, but with all the great lacrosse in CNY from high school and college in a knowledgeable region, it doesn't suprise me one bit the Smash never caught on.

And it pains me to say this, but go Cornell!

i really think syracuse is strictly a college sports city..., i don't think pro sports will ever succeed in syracuse...even the crunch...although they may survive longer than the norm for the city

Not suprising at all really. Indoor lacrosse is for the casual fan and those that don't know the rules or find outdoor too "slow." The season also competed with SU basketball and much of the outdoor high school and college season. I do like the indoor game, but with all the great lacrosse in CNY from high school and college in a knowledgeable region, it doesn't suprise me one bit the Smash never caught on.

And it pains me to say this, but go Cornell!

i really think syracuse is strictly a college sports city..., i don't think pro sports will ever succeed in syracuse...even the crunch...although they may survive longer than the norm for the city

Well, the Chiefs are considered a pro team. And the Crunch have been around since 1994.

On the other hand, you've got the Syracuse Soldiers that only lasted for 11 games. The Syracuse Raging Bullz that never played a game. The Salty Dogs lasted for two seasons. Next up in 2010 is the Syracuse Shockwave.

how many people go to cheifs games this year? granted i haven't been around in years but they never drew

Well, the Chiefs are considered a pro team. And the Crunch have been around since 1994.

On the other hand, you've got the Syracuse Soldiers that only lasted for 11 games. The Syracuse Raging Bullz that never played a game. The Salty Dogs lasted for two seasons. Next up in 2010 is the Syracuse Shockwave.

Nice hold at the end there by Cuse while Cornell was trying to clear before the tying goal. Oh well, no losers for CNY lacrosse fans today.

Come on now...that "in the crease call" was garbage. I think that SU only had 1 EMO all game long - the refs certainly did SU no favors.

Come on now...that "in the crease call" was garbage. I think that SU only had 1 EMO all game long - the refs certainly did SU no favors.

No it wasn't. Really the only problem in that game was Tambroni not calling timeout on the last clear....when the coach has mental breakdowns, so do the players. Great game though....