Bills made Pisa Tinoisamoa a contract offer before he left

He has a 1000x better chance of starting in NE than Buffalo... Maroney is on his way out.

Maroney..............................now there is a player that can't hold Taylor's jock. The only comparison between Maroney & Taylor is Maroney is just as INJURY PRONE as Taylor. Between the two of them combined N.E.* should get 12 -14 games played. Is there ANYONE on this board that would rather have Maroney on the Bills than Rhodes?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maroney..............................now there is a player that can't hold Taylor's jock. The only comparison between Maroney & Taylor is Maroney is just as INJURY PRONE as Taylor. Between the two of them combined N.E.* should get 12 -14 games played. Is there ANYONE on this board that would rather have Maroney on the Bills than Rhodes?

Just to show that I'm not a complete homer, Maroney looked fantastic at times his first season in the League. In particular, I remember watching him in pre-season that year just absolutely running wild and, mainly, over people. I think that's his problem, by and large. He runs too upright and doesn't shy away from contact as much as he should and his body takes the pounding for it. People worried about the same thing with AD Peterson, but he's managed to stay much more healthy. Maroney, on the other hand, can't seem to stay on the field due to those injuries. Marshawn has a little bit of that, too, but so far has managed to stay relatively healthy, but time will tell. Maroney's injury history seems to have also worn out his Belicheat welcome--I remember in 2007 some kind of verbal sparring between the two. Maybe Maroney learned from Ted Johnson's experience that BB doesn't always have his player's health in the forefront of his mind when he tells you to get in there even though you're hurt.....

Comparing Rhodes to Fred Taylor is absurd. Taylor has been an elite back in the NFL for years. He would undoubtedly be our starter.

Drunk this early in the morning? Impressive. It is a holiday, though.

Slow down with the injury bit. Fast freddie, turned into fragile freddie the first couple years of his career. He has been an amazing compliment back and stayed healthy while occasionally carrying the load on his own a few years as well as when Jones-drew was banged up. He did get banged up a bit last year but he has been healthy for at least a five year stretch.

comparing the two, him and rhodes, there is really no difference. They are both compliment backs with limited burst at this point and capable hands. Neither capable of carrying the load. Dont get all inflated on rhodes just because he is on our team and start thinking he is better than some who have been much better for much longer. The only thing rhodes does that is better than Taylor, is his birth certificate is newer!

Typical of people to downplay a players career just because he wanted to get "a competitive advantage" and join NE!

Given our team's different states I would take Fred Taylor for the pats over Rhodes anyday since we're running a RB by committee and a flier on a guy like Fred Taylor is definitely worth taking over Rhodes since we won't need to rely on him as much as you will Rhodes. Fred Taylor is essentially replacing Lamont Jordan a guy who only played in 8 games. You also didn't previously have a skat back so Rhodes makes sense for you in that regard, we already have Kevin Faulk. But yeah for the pats I'd take Taylor over Rhodes 100%, but he makes sense for you guys.

Edit: Maroney is pretty damn good when he's actually on the field.

Slow down with the injury bit. Fast freddie, turned into fragile freddie the first couple years of his career. He has been an amazing compliment back and stayed healthy while occasionally carrying the load on his own a few years as well as when Jones-drew was banged up. He did get banged up a bit last year but he has been healthy for at least a five year stretch.

comparing the two, him and rhodes, there is really no difference. They are both compliment backs with limited burst at this point and capable hands. Neither capable of carrying the load. Dont get all inflated on rhodes just because he is on our team and start thinking he is better than some who have been much better for much longer. The only thing rhodes does that is better than Taylor, is his birth certificate is newer!

Typical of people to downplay a players career just because he wanted to get "a competitive advantage" and join NE!

Now we're referring to Fred Taylor as "Fast Freddie"?

Given our team's different states I would take Fred Taylor for the pats over Rhodes anyday since we're running a RB by committee and a flier on a guy like Fred Taylor is definitely worth taking over Rhodes since we won't need to rely on him as much as you will Rhodes. Fred Taylor is essentially replacing Lamont Jordan a guy who only played in 8 games. You also didn't previously have a skat back so Rhodes makes sense for you in that regard, we already have Kevin Faulk. But yeah for the pats I'd take Taylor over Rhodes 100%, but he makes sense for you guys.

Edit: Maroney is pretty damn good when he's actually on the field.

Maroney was great as a rookie. Now he is "pretty good" when healthy...which seems to be "not very often".

Are you actually suggesting Rhodes will see the field with the Bills more than Taylor will with the Pats*? That's crazy talk.

Maroney was great as a rookie. Now he is "pretty good" when healthy...which seems to be "not very often".

Are you actually suggesting Rhodes will see the field with the Bills more than Taylor will with the Pats*? That's crazy talk.

No I'm saying that its not like either was a marquee signing, I'm weighing them in terms of the roles they were signed to play, in which case Taylor made way more sense for us and Rhodes made more sense for you. Taylor probably didn't want to sign with you guys because you have a #1 and #2 who are at this point in their careers better than he is, he wanted somewhere he would get a lot of touches, welcome to new england Freddy. Rhodes on the other hand would sign anywhere that offered him a warm meal and a hot shower

No I'm saying that its not like either was a marquee signing, I'm weighing them in terms of the roles they were signed to play, in which case Taylor made way more sense for us and Rhodes made more sense for you. Taylor probably didn't want to sign with you guys because you have a #1 and #2 who are at this point in their careers better than he is, he wanted somewhere he would get a lot of touches, welcome to new england Freddy. Rhodes on the other hand would sign anywhere that offered him a warm meal and a hot shower

The Pats* made way more sense for Taylor.

Rhodes still has a contribution to make, and could help most teams as a #2 RB, IMO. I don't think he ends up with the Bills if Marshawn wasn't suspended for some games to start the season, though. Circumstances made him more valuable to the Bills than he would be to some other teams. If the Bills decide to use some no-huddle, and continue to throw to their backs more (as they began to do last season) Rhodes will be a better fit for the Bills than Taylor would have been.

The Pats* made way more sense for Taylor.

Rhodes still has a contribution to make, and could help most teams as a #2 RB, IMO. I don't think he ends up with the Bills if Marshawn wasn't suspended for some games to start the season, though. Circumstances made him more valuable to the Bills than he would be to some other teams. If the Bills decide to use some no-huddle, and continue to throw to their backs more (as they began to do last season) Rhodes will be a better fit for the Bills than Taylor would have been.

:w00t: No more need be said.

Except I think this is pertinent too.

Per Rotoworld: Dominic Rhodes' two-year contract with the Bills is worth $2.55 million, including a $200000 signing bonus.

Per ESPN: Taylor agreed to a two-year, $5 million contract that pays him $3 million in 2009 and $2 million next season.

The Patriots gave Taylor twice as much as we gave Rhodes. Taylor is one of the great and most underrated RBs of his time. That said, I think Rhodes is the better value and it's also possible that Rhodes has more tread left and is also a better fit for the Bills.

Except I think this is pertinent too.

Per Rotoworld: Dominic Rhodes' two-year contract with the Bills is worth $2.55 million, including a $200000 signing bonus.

Per ESPN: Taylor agreed to a two-year, $5 million contract that pays him $3 million in 2009 and $2 million next season.

The Patriots gave Taylor twice as much as we gave Rhodes. Taylor is one of the great and most underrated RBs of his time. That said, I think Rhodes is the better value and it's also possible that Rhodes has more tread left and is also a better fit for the Bills.

Completely agree.

lmao

There are actually people who think Rhodes is better than Taylor? :w00t:

Say it aint so, Deano.

At this point in their careers, considering their ages, salaries and potential role on our team of a 2nd back for 3 games and a 3rd back who can come in on 3rd downs hopefully for the rest of the year(which is the relevant question here), yes, I'd say that Rhodes is the better pick for Buffalo. I hate to admit it, but I may agree with Mr. Bruschi above, that Taylor probably fits better for the Pats* as more of a primary runner (i.e., 1st and 2nd down back), as (a) he doesn't have great hands and (b) they have a similarly ancient Kevin Faulk for their 3rd down back and Sammy Morris, only slightly younger at 32 during the year backing all of them and Maroney up. How is it that New England has 3 guys over 32 at a position where most teams have no one of consequence over 30 since skills decline so badly after that age at RB? Does the RB coach share an office (and physician) with their LB and safeties coach? Just wondering......

lmao

There are actually people who think Rhodes is better than Taylor? :w00t:

Say it aint so, Deano.

lmao

There are actually people who think paying $2.5M per year for an injury-prone 33 year old running back who had ONE TD last year is a good deal.

I believe he's referring to their value on a 'yard-per-dollar' basis...

Fred sported the gold teeth for several of his early years. For that alone, he deserves to make more money now than Rhodes.

I like Rhodes though and I think it is a very solid acquisition for the team. Takes the heat off Oman as a possible need contributor.