Meanwhile, on the campus of Liberty University

Good for them. This is a private college. How's about all those wonderful PUBLIC colleges in California that ban the military, ROTC, or religous groups.

Well now one of those private, religious colleges is banning the idiots who have been behind the infringing of public rights for years.

BTW , I missed the Constitutional amendment that permits idiots to have a political party club on a PRIVATE universitys proprty. Can you please remind which amendment number that is again?

Edit: I can't find the thread you started when SF State banned GOP groups. Can you point that out? Of course they went to court and got that ban overturned.

I also missed the thread you started when Wright state banned religious groups.

Or Ohio state banned "Christian" religious groups.

Or Gonzaga banned religious groups.

Or Carlton banned religious groups.

I'm sure you were just as outragged and posted them.

BTW, you may want to check the facts.

Falwell said that although the university revoked the College Democrats’ right to use the LU name, “That club still has a right to exist, and they can still meet on campus. We have not disbanded the club.”

“They are good Christian kids who sit with me at ball games. I just hope they find a pro-life, pro-family organization within the Democratic Party that they can affiliate with so they can be endorsed by Liberty University again,” Falwell said.

Staver said the key issue was the Democratic club’s use of the university’s name and potentially its use of university funds starting next fall, when LU plans to begin giving financial support to student clubs.

They are just not recognized nor funded by the University any more.

http://www.newsadvance.com/lna/news/local/...students/16195/

Good for them. This is a private college. How's about all those wonderful PUBLIC colleges in California that ban the military, ROTC, or religous groups.

Well now one of those private, religious colleges is banning the idiots who have been behind the infringing of public rights for years.

BTW , I missed the Constitutional amendment that permits idiots to have a political party club on a PRIVATE universitys proprty. Can you please remind which amendment number that is again?

Edit: I can't find the thread you started when SF State banned GOP groups. Can you point that out? Of course they went to court and got that ban overturned.

Behold the logic of an extremist. You erect straw-men faster than you can rip up the Constitution.

1. I am not for "banning" any group, religious, political or military. As long as everyone follows the same pragmatic rules then they should all have the opportunity to peaceably assembly.

2. Why do they call it "Liberty University" when they are afraid of free speech, the right to assembly and equal protection? Pretty Ironic.

3. You are right, they CAN ban the group, not recognize it or cut off it's funding. The question is: should they?

4. If you believe that what other institutions allegedly did is wrong (and after umpteen thousand posts you have established a poor record of credibility), why would you endorse "Liberty" for, in your words, "infringing public rights?" That's a good definition of selective outrage. I guess your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Bottomline: even McDonnell disagrees with school's decision. They have the "right" to do it, but perhaps they should finally change the name to more appropriately reflect its beliefs - VA Bills University?

Behold the logic of an extremist. You erect straw-men faster than you can rip up the Constitution.

1. I am not for "banning" any group, religious, political or military. As long as everyone follows the same pragmatic rules then they should all have the opportunity to peaceably assembly.

2. Why do they call it "Liberty University" when they are afraid of free speech, the right to assembly and equal protection? Pretty Ironic.

3. You are right, they CAN ban the group, not recognize it or cut off it's funding. The question is: should they?

4. If you believe that what other institutions allegedly did is wrong (and after umpteen thousand posts you have established a poor record of credibility), why would you endorse "Liberty" for, in your words, "infringing public rights?" That's a good definition of selective outrage. I guess your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Bottomline: even McDonnell disagrees with school's decision. They have the "right" to do it, but perhaps they should finally change the name to more appropriately reflect its beliefs - VA Bills University?

Even though you didn't answer his questions I'm sure you were outraged but forgot to post after those other decisions...right? :D

I agree 100% that this private institution has the right to stop providing funding to a student group. Having said that, why do you say "Good for them."? This move seems awfully petty. Institutions of higher learning should embrace all different viewpoints, and I don't see the logic in this unless the students in question were causing trouble of some sort (which it doesn't sound like they were). And by the way, I'm not a liberal and I'm not just instinctively jumping on Falwell's brain child...I think this is ethically questionable whether you're dealing with a predominately conservative OR predominately liberal institution.

Hypocritical, not ironic. Big surprise - it's Falwell's school.

The original ban was over-the-top, but with Falwell's amendment of it...why not? Their freedom of speech and right to assemble aren't being infringed, the "university" is merely exercising its right to withhold affiliation of their brand.

Personally, I think it's foolish and stupid - any school that restricts the free flow of ideas isn't a school, and to me this just demonstrates how much of a joke the "university" appelation in "Liberty University" really is (moreso than the use of the "Liberty" - do you complain about Duke because they don't enroll any nobility?) But they're within their rights to say "Don't use the school's name."

Or "Liberty Chapel".

:D

Yeh saw this on tv last night. Who the hell would ever want their kid to go to Liberty University? Imagine going out in the real world with that pedigree.

Boss man; "Son what's your education and qualifications for the position you just applied for?"

Abdullah; "Well I have this degree from Liberty University......."

Yeh saw this on tv last night. Who the hell would ever want their kid to go to Liberty University? Imagine going out in the real world with that pedigree.

Boss man; "Son what's your education and qualifications for the position you just applied for?"

Abdullah; "Well I have this degree from Liberty University......."

Shows how much you know. They have accredidation from the same folks and just got re-done this year that give accredidaton to :

JMU

ODU

UVA

VCU

William and mary

Duke

UNC

etc

etc

etc.

Yup such a bad school that they meet the same accredidation as those top tier school. Where did you graduate from and who gave you your accredidation?

BTW, Liberty is a good name. because there student have the liberty to practice religious beliefs. They can discuss both repub and dem candidates. They can actually have and are encoureaged to have religious clubs. Something that public schools that are supposed to the rights and freedoms of all students don't allow in a lot of cases because they want to restrict the liberty of the students.

He isn't an extremist probably. He simply trolls looking for a response. On occasion he posts as himself, the trick is knowing when.

I'm not trolling in this case. If you read the actual facts they said they cannot support the democrats because there is not a single candidate in running in the state pf Virginia as a democrat who is not pro abortion. If you're a religious person, then you too have to support the need to not fund anything or have your name assocaite with baby killing. They are right in this case. When the dems stop being a couple social issue party (gay rights, baby killing, tax and spend), then maybe some real debates can go on. But when a party is run by a couple of issues it isn't a real party.

Read it again, genius.

Again, I am still awaiting the links to where you posted your outrage over SF univerisity not just removing funding but actually BANNING the GOP from the campus. I am also awaiting your links for the posts where OSU, Yale, Columbia, etc... have BANNED religious groups. Not just removed funding or affiliation, but BANNED them .

Please show me you links, because I am sure you were just as outraged. Or is your outrage only because it was Christian school removed a few dollars funding and won't list the Dems on their website?

Liberty is not the right to do whatever you want or can, that's a capacity. Liberty is a the right and freedom to do what you ought. For Liberty U to stop funding what you cannot do as a Christian is essential liberty, not the mistaken license you people believe it to be.

Let's take it from the opposite perspective even if you don't believe in objective truth in the matter... If you believe Christ is God and Christ says that this truth will set you "free" is it beyond the realm of reason to think they are simply adhering to their faith and beliefs as to what constitutes liberty? It might be an epiphany for some of you to realize that people who adhere to their beliefs and what they believe about liberty aren't sacrificing liberty by trying to be true to themselves.

Lastly, if you want to see hypocrisy look at how even public schools will not allow intelligent design as something to be exposed to the minds of people. I.D is not creationism and you can find atheists who believe it, yet where is the discussion on that? Show me your campaign against the ban against I.D and I'll find your cries about 1st Amendment crap more seriously.

Liberty is not the right to do whatever you want or can, that's a capacity. Liberty is a the right and freedom to do what you ought. For Liberty U to stop funding what you cannot do as a Christian is essential liberty, not the mistaken license you people believe it to be.

Let's take it from the opposite perspective even if you don't believe in objective truth in the matter... If you believe Christ is God and Christ says that this truth will set you "free" is it beyond the realm of reason to think they are simply adhering to their faith and beliefs as to what constitutes liberty? It might be an epiphany for some of you to realize that people who adhere to their beliefs and what they believe about liberty aren't sacrificing liberty by trying to be true to themselves.

Lastly, if you want to see hypocrisy look at how even public schools will not allow intelligent design as something to be exposed to the minds of people. I.D is not creationism and you can find atheists who believe it, yet where is the discussion on that? Show me your campaign against the ban against I.D and I'll find your cries about 1st Amendment crap more seriously.

I'd really be interested in any articles you can link that argue that I.D. isn't tied to creationism in some form. Everytime I've heard any advocate of I.D. discuss the subject it's always tied to an, well, INTELLIGENT DESIGNER, i.e. a creator.

Secondly, there should be a ban against the teaching of I.D. because it is NOT science and won't be accepted as such until it meets all the criteria for testing scientific theory.

I'd really be interested in any articles you can link that argue that I.D. isn't tied to creationism in some form. Everytime I've heard any advocate of I.D. discuss the subject it's always tied to an, well, INTELLIGENT DESIGNER, i.e. a creator.

Secondly, there should be a ban against the teaching of I.D. because it is NOT science and won't be accepted as such until it meets all the criteria for testing scientific theory.

Neither does global warming, but it is shoved down our throats daily.

Neither does global warming, but it is shoved down our throats daily.

I'm not asking about global warming. All the same though, where is global warming taught in public schools as part of a science curriculum?

Again, I am still awaiting the links to where you posted your outrage over SF univerisity not just removing funding but actually BANNING the GOP from the campus. I am also awaiting your links for the posts where OSU, Yale, Columbia, etc... have BANNED religious groups. Not just removed funding or affiliation, but BANNED them .

Please show me you links, because I am sure you were just as outraged. Or is your outrage only because it was Christian school removed a few dollars funding and won't list the Dems on their website?

Look, I know your completely mental and I will kick myself for responding to your immaturity, but what part of not agreeing with the other schools don't you understand? Sorry if I missed those stories but I have not read them and don't know the circumstances. I'm sure you'll kindly link credible sources like NewsMax.

I'm not trolling in this case. If you read the actual facts they said they cannot support the democrats because there is not a single candidate in running in the state pf Virginia as a democrat who is not pro abortion. If you're a religious person, then you too have to support the need to not fund anything or have your name assocaite with baby killing. They are right in this case. When the dems stop being a couple social issue party (gay rights, baby killing, tax and spend), then maybe some real debates can go on. But when a party is run by a couple of issues it isn't a real party.

Extremist? Yeah. Probably.

Troll?....well.

I don't think VA is a troll...I honestly believe that he believes in most of the toxic waste he spreads here.

Shows how much you know. They have accredidation from the same folks and just got re-done this year that give accredidaton to :

JMU

ODU

UVA

VCU

William and mary

Duke

UNC

etc

etc

etc.

Yup such a bad school that they meet the same accredidation as those top tier school. Where did you graduate from and who gave you your accredidation?

BTW, Liberty is a good name. because there student have the liberty to practice religious beliefs. They can discuss both repub and dem candidates. They can actually have and are encoureaged to have religious clubs. Something that public schools that are supposed to the rights and freedoms of all students don't allow in a lot of cases because they want to restrict the liberty of the students.

Braynt and Stratton is not accredited but I'm sure I'd gain a wider breadth of knowledge if I went there than say...Bobby Jones or Liberty.

Btw I'm a Bull.

JMU

ODU

UVA

VCU

William and mary

Duke

UNC

etc

etc

etc.

Achieving accreditation means that the school meets a bare minimum educational standard, and nothing more. All the other schools you listed, especially places like Duke and UVA and UNC, far exceed the bare minimum standards.

Liberty University is still a terrible school, fourth tier in the USNews regional masters rankings. You basically need to spell your name correctly on the SAT, profess your love for Jesus, and have a measurable pulse in order to be accepted.

Exactly. Intelligent Design should be taught in philosophy classes, not science classes.

Achieving accreditation means that the school meets a bare minimum educational standard, and nothing more. All the other schools you listed, especially places like Duke and UVA and UNC, far exceed the bare minimum standards.

Liberty University is still a terrible school, fourth tier in the USNews regional masters rankings. You basically need to spell your name correctly on the SAT, profess your love for Jesus, and have a measurable pulse in order to be accepted.

Oh some some news organization does subjective rating. BTW, Grambling, LSU - Shreveport, Mcneese, Bowie State, Deleware state, Galludet, Kutstown, Medaille, Cal State Bakersfield, Stephen F Austin, etc.... are all tier 4. I guess that mean anyone going to these tier 4 schools and non-tiered school should just shoot themselves now, because the education thay have sucks.

You're an idiot.

Edit: BTW, just for a little education, all those fine institutes like Duke and UNC do not even have a Young Democrats club, yet Liberty did at least for a while.

http://action.yda.org/chapters/search.jsp?...;Chapter_Type=0

Where is the outrage they don't have them. Seems like Liberty was a little more progressive then those great schools. If that's your criteria.

Look, I know your completely mental and I will kick myself for responding to your immaturity, but what part of not agreeing with the other schools don't you understand? Sorry if I missed those stories but I have not read them and don't know the circumstances. I'm sure you'll kindly link credible sources like NewsMax.

And I asked if you didn't agree with them why don't you post those links. Maybe because you agree with restricting religion (or eliminating), you agree with kicking out the GOP clubs, etc... Bu when you dem club isn't kicked out and banned like CNN misreported but rather no longer funded by an organization that doesn't believe in the vile hatred that the dem party is pushing you get upset.

And then come the facts instead of the left wings media skewing of said facts:

http://www.liberty.edu/index.cfm?PID=18495&MID=8373

The University has not banned Democrats from campus. Nor has the Democrat club been banned from meeting. And, never has the University or its’ officials said that a person cannot be a Christian and a Democrat. Sorry for those who want to run with these titillating soundbites, but these are the facts.

While the students in the college Democrat club are pro-life and support traditional marriage, the constitution of the club pledged support to advance the Democratic platform and candidates. The 2008 Democratic platform has taken an extreme turn to the left on social issues. For the first time it supports federal funding of abortion and repeal of the federal Defense of Marriage Act, a law passed overwhelmingly by a bi-partisan Congress and signed by President Bill Clinton. Liberty University will not lend its’ name or financial support to undermine marriage or to promote abortion.