Why isn't there equality for all 32 teams to host the Super Bowl?

I've always thought the Super Bowl should be played at the home of the team that earns the home field advantage,just like the conference championship games. The idea of a "neutral" field is crap,there is no such thing. The chosen site always favors someone due to playing surface,climate,etc. If a cold weather team like the Bills earned the home field,the opponent should have to play in Orchard Park in the cold. And tickets should be sold the same way playoff tickets are sold. Could you imagine the atmosphere? No more sterile,corporate,"neutral" sites. I know it will never happen but it would be awesome.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I suppose to respond to this? I live in Florida but you're more than welcomed to send me a private message. Do you ever make a thread or do you constantly just get mouthy and bash on other people's posts?

What, I should make a nonsense thread for the point of just making one to elevate my status to

"carpal tunnel". I think not. I just bash things I think are stupid, which is what this was.

Very simple. The Super Bowl, more than any other game is driven by big bucks. Lots of tickets are eventually bought by celebrities, weathy individuals and businesses for the purpose of entertaining well heeled clients. That clientel expects comfort while watching the game, luxurious accomodations for sleeping and a dazzling night life after the game. Buffalo has three strikes against it: an outside stadium with the potential for some really nasty and uncomfortable weather conditions, a relatively low number of luxury accomodations, and not enough nightlife to absorb 70,000 visitors with style. The NFL won't risk it.

The "fans" the NFL is trying to sell tickets to the Super Bowl is purely corporate. It has very little to do with weather for game day. Golf, fishing, sunshine, and outdoor activities that are available in February, etc are the normal qualifiers. They throw a bone to owners that build new domed Northern stadiums now and then, but most of the people that attend those games will admit they suck in comparison to the warm weather games. It is that simple case closed, lets move on to a relevant topic....

Isn't it enough that our beloved Bills lost 4 in a row?

Why set us up for more embarrassment?

I can see it now.......

It's early February in Buffalo, the superbowl is played in Orchard Park - where they have enough hotel rooms for maybe 5000 people. A blizzard comes off the lake and dumps 40 inches of snow along the lakefront. The 50ish wife of a Houston area CEO has her game ticket in her fur coat, but she may not make it if the rental car won't start. The locals from the southside suggest that she should wait for an NFT bus and "pogey" to the stadium.

How many times would they repeat that story on ESPN?

We're talking here about a city that's been "planning" a waterfront project for 30 years and can't even manage to build a goddamned bridge to go across the Niagara River.

Although I will agree with you that it is pretty dumb to think that the NFL would ever consider Buffalo for a super bowl, given the logistics & such, but I will have you know that since Feb 1st, you know how many inches of snow have fallen in the Buffalo area this year? Try 7 inches. Traditionally, most of our snowfall usually comes in late Dec/early to mid January when the lake is wide open. In fact, I have been golfing since mid march here this year. Already have 13 rounds in.

I know the obvious reason is the weather factor but that hasn't stopped the conference championship games from being played in cold/inclement weather. Make it equal for ALL teams. I think that warm weather teams have a distinct advantage when it comes to playing in a controlled or warm climate.

I know that it's useless to suggest it but some of the greatest games were played in cold weather. How great would it be for a city like Buffalo to host a Super Bowl? Add in that they are a small market and revenue like this would really boost their economy. I don't want to see the Bills become a dome team but that would be the only shot of them hosting such a game. It would take away our tradition and make us a different type of team. Teams like the Packers, Bears, Steelers, Browns and yes, the Bills have forged an identity for themselves as a cold weather team. Why should we change on who we are and also not be eligible for such an honor? We are all part of the same league, we should all be entitled to the same right and revenue.

Cold weather teams and cold weather have contributed to what made the NFL. When the league talks about playing a Super Bowl overseas to globalize it just really flabbergasts me. It's an american game, keep it where it belongs and that is in the United States. Play it in ALL the cities that has a franchise instead of letting other countries earn this money. Our country is on hard economic times, how about keeping the money in house and helping out the country that MADE you the conglomerate that you are?

The biggest obstacle for Buffalo in hosting the Super Bowl is the weather but does anyone realize what the weather was like in London in the first week of February? it wasn't much different than what Buffalo has been labeled with. Why is it alright to play the Super Bowl overseas in inclement weather and not in the 32 cities that actually support this league. Just asking.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/feb/02/s...on-travel-chaos

Why should he learn how to spell retard?

Learn proper grammar before criticizing people's spelling, retard.

I think that you better learn proper grammar before you start flapping your mouth. The way that he used it was improper grammar so it was misspelt. Let me guess, you two were classmates.

I think that you better learn proper grammar before you start flapping your mouth. The way that he used it was improper grammar so it was misspelt. Let me guess, you two were classmates.

I'm not talking about what he misspelled, I'm talking about your grammar in the post I quoted. Only more proof that you haven't a clue as to what you're talking about... ever.