New Credit Card Legislation

Sounds like someone likes his entitlements, eh?

Now I know why you are a big supporter of entitlements. Because you clearly have no idea what the hell an entitlement is.

You also have no idea how credit cards work. You see, there's this little thing called "a fee" that vendors -- say, the gas station -- pays to the credit card companies every time someone uses a card at their store. In fact, in many cases, the fee is payed every time you use your debit card, which is why a gas station like Arco (at least here in California) charges you 35 cents every time you pay at the pump with your debit card.

But don't let that stop you from, once again, blaming the misfortunes of "the poor slobs" on anyone other than themselves.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like someone likes his entitlements, eh?

I ended up donating those miles and cashback points anyway. I am not the kind of person a credit card company wants because I do pay on time.

Debit works for me just fine. I don't need handouts from credit card companies. As was pointed out earlier, they're not free anyway. Someone pays for them - probably the poor slob who's charging groceries for his kids and paying a 25% interest rate.

You are %100 clueless, and I don't believe a word you say.

I ended up donating those miles and cashback points anyway. I am not the kind of person a credit card company wants because I do pay on time.

WOW. Just wow. Do you really think that interest is the only way a credit card company makes money? Aren't you in the business world? How does someone in the business world not know what LA referenced above?

WOW. Just wow. Do you really think that interest is the only way a credit card company makes money? Aren't you in the business world? How does someone in the business world not know what LA referenced above?

I don't think they make tons of money off regular transactions. They pay less than the actual cost of the charge, but the percentage is pretty small (1-3% or so). I guess as a yearly return that is pretty good.

What else? Honest question.

Edit-I went to wiki :w00t: and it seems I nailed the percentage. That plus a fee they charge the merchants is their profit if you pay the balance every month.

That's what we used to do but what's the reward/incentive to use a debit card. Also if someone hacks your CC your not liable for those charges and they just send you a new card. If they hack your debit card they have access to you checking, savings, money market if they're all linked. And then you have get a whole new bank account which is a pain. We only use our debit card to get cash from the ATM.

In almost 20 years of using a debit card, I got hacked ONCE... Just recently in matter of fact... And it was it MY FAULT... I used the thing in Erie, PA and their machine was down... The lady took my number and code off the back... I thought nothing of it because she said that they lock into the vault drawer and then punch it their computer... My mistake, I said: "Fine."

A week later, I am getting hit for over 900 bucks from a card shop in Hermitage, PA (two attempted sales)... The good thing is the owner knew it was bogus. How I caught it, my bank keeps charges "pending" for a few days to clear... I jumped on it immediately and closed the card down.

The charges never hit... I suspect there was a breach in Erie? You think... Hermitage is too close. ??