Another police beating

GOBILLS78

A police officer takes an oath to protect and serve, yes? Whether you like it or not, that oath includes criminals who do not pose an immediate threat to an officer's or another citizen's livelihood. The man did not pose an immediate threat once he was unconscious, so the officers were categorically wrong to further harm him. For all they knew, his spinal cord was hanging on by a thread and they could have permanently paralyzed him or killed him. Would anybody here be defending the officers if they had just shot him in the head and killed him while he was unconscious? That's a risk they were taking. These officers are FORTUNATE if all that happens to them is getting fired.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think Cops aren't human? I didn't say it was right, I'm saying I can see how it could happen, especially in states like Alabama where the looney's run wild.

So just as an example, you are chasing a child molester/killer, you have been chasing him for almost an hour, the guy is now going out of his way to try to kill fellow police officers whom you know personally, you know their wives, you know their kids. The adrenaline's pumping , OMG, he just tried to run over Steve, a good friend of yours, his daughters getting married next month. All of the sudden the perps Van flips in front of you the guys out and on the ground,

and you expect everything to stop like flipping off a switch? Well, good for you Dean, but you want to run from the law and try to kill folks while your doing it, don't expect the pack of hounds chasing you down to treat you nicely when they catch you, its just not happening.

Why can 99.9% of the police officers in this country flip the switch when they have to? It's not happening if Deano is arrested by one of the 99.9% of cops in this nation.

dog

Frankly you are scaring me with your comments....:lol:

There is NO EXCUSE for what those officers did......none......

What he said.

Wow, you really are Skooby.

Do you really want boot-stomping cops on the street? Understanding why someone might over-react and break the law is far different than forgetting about it, and endorsing it as a legitimate tactic. These guys broke the law, instead of enforcing it. If they were a gang, they would be prosecuted and likely end up in jail.

:thumbsup:

The best example I can site for how cops should put their emotions in check is the Bucky Phillips case. He killed three New York State Troopers. When the Pennsylvania cops arrested him they were nothing but professional. Almost killing one cop and actually killing three is very different and yet these cops managed to be professionals. 'Nuff said.

Why can 99.9% of the police officers in this country flip the switch when they have to? It's not happening if Deano is arrested by one of the 99.9% of cops in this nation.

What he said.

The best example I can site for how cops should put their emotions in check is the Bucky Phillips case. He killed three New York State Troopers. When the Pennsylvania cops arrested him they were nothing but professional. Almost killing one cop and actually killing three is very different and yet these cops managed to be professionals. 'Nuff said.

Sure, but there's the rarely-cited side of that story, too. The Brad Horton shooting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bucky_Phillip...unt_controversy

The officer has been cleared of any wrongdoing, but there's little doubt he thought he was shooting at Phillips.

Sure, but there's the rarely-cited side of that story, too. The Brad Horton shooting.

The officer has been cleared of any wrongdoing, but there's little doubt he thought he was shooting at Phillips.

If the GJ voted no bill then how can you fault the officer for anything? :thumbsup:

Too bad the scumbag didn't die in the accident. All could have been avoided.

He was unconscious. How do they know he wasn't dead?

Guest dog14787

What he said.

Some of my best friends are cops, good cops and they understand my side of the argument, They also understand why these men lost their jobs.

I never said it was the right thing to do, I just said they could have been acting like any normal human being would have depending on the circumstances.

Guest dog14787
I know they are human and humans can be trained to keep their emotions in check. Can they make mistakes? Of course, and they do. Nothing I said suggests otherwise. You are fighting a battle against something you made up, not something I said or believe. I suppose, if I wanted to follow your lead, I would accuse you of wanting to give them medals. Try to fight your urge to be Skooby, and stay on track, here.

Because officers are entrusted to carry arms, and have the authority to arrest and use force, they have to be held to stricter standards than the average person. And when they transgress, their punishment should reflect that breech of trust.

These guys screwed up BAD. Do I understand why they might do what they did? Of course. I also understand why some guys kill their wives. It's still wrong.

You can't have it both ways, one post says you understand why they might do what they did, a few post later I'm SKOOBY for even suggesting these guys could be close knit and were just watching out for their own and in the heat of the moment they made a mistake.

You guys think folks that work in Law enforcement are robots? These guys are like family to each other, if someone tries to kill your brother or sister and the guys a murdering thug, I'm not sure about you guys, but I would get real pissed off if it was me. Why don't you put yourself in their shoes instead of taking a holier than thou attitude because chances are if you did, you might feel like killing the SOB who just tried to kill your partner to, just like they probably did, so get real people. :cry:

They made a mistake and got caught. Now they will suffer great loss. They will lose their jobs, pensions, and the opportunity to send their kids to college to reach further heights than they themselves were able to.

The key being they were caught. How much of this kind of behavior never sees the light of day? Thank goodness for video capturing more of these animals in their natural habitat and breaking that blue wall of silence. 5 more went down, it's a good day.

Brad Horton was a friend of mine and I have no doubt that the cop made a horrible error that night. At the same time, I understand the stress that he was under at the time. You put yourself in bad situations when you break the law. This doesn't justify the cop shooting him in the back but it's just another piece to a terrible accident. The cop should have been fired and Brad should still be alive.

Guest dog14787
Brad Horton was a friend of mine and I have no doubt that the cop made a horrible error that night. At the same time, I understand the stress that he was under at the time. You put yourself in bad situations when you break the law. This doesn't justify the cop shooting him in the back but it's just another piece to a terrible accident. The cop should have been fired and Brad should still be alive.

Real sorry to hear that Push, I have actually met Bucky Phillips through a friend of mine briefly a few years back that lives near Westfield, NY. It kind of blew my mind when all of this happened even though I didn't really know Phillips personally.

The key being they were caught. How much of this kind of behavior never sees the light of day? Thank goodness for video capturing more of these animals in their natural habitat and breaking that blue wall of silence. 5 more went down, it's a good day.

Yes, they're animals. It's too bad that they don't let people run them over with vans like real men would. Someday your dream of a society where we are all free to run over people with our vehicles will be a reality. And you can thank the miracle of videocams for for helping us achieve that utopia.

I think the mayor made a very good point: They didn't beat him until they actually caught him...so there's that. :unsure::blink:

Plus they caught him about 25 seconds after he almost ran down someone who they probably knew. They were going so fast some of them probably thought their friend was lying dead on the highway and they'd have to go tell his wife and kids later.

But 25 seconds is more than enough time to get your emotions in check after your friend has been run down on the highway. Who knows, maybe he even had a good life insurance policy. Plus these super human dudes are paid like $65k a year. We as taxpayers have the right to ask, nay demand that they display less emotion than the average Vulcan when we're handing out that kind of green.

Yes, they're animals. It's too bad that they don't let people run them over with vans like real men would. Someday your dream of a society where we are all free to run over people with our vehicles will be a reality. And you can thank the miracle of videocams for for helping us achieve that utopia.

Yep, these 5 are animals, and thanks to actually being caught on video they are now out of a job. I'm sure if there wasn't video of the incident they would've been called out by their peers anyway. And I'm sure they've never reacted to a stressful situation in this manner before either. Time to crack open a Blue and celebrate!

Yep, these 5 are animals, and thanks to actually being caught on video they are now out of a job. I'm sure if there wasn't video of the incident they would've been called out by their peers anyway. And I'm sure they've never reacted to a stressful situation in this manner before either. Time to crack open a Blue and celebrate!

They never really pointed out in the video which 5 got fired. I hope one of them was the big phony who purposely got in the way of the van in an effort to do severe tire damage. Then he fakes like he almost got hit. What a jerk.

I hope this victim sues the cops, the city and the seat belt company. I mean, the president of the seat belt company should have personally buckled him in. Until this scoiety treats our criminals like kings, we can only be seen as unjust.

At least we are on our way. It does my heart good to see that there are right thinking people out there on a Buffalo Bills message board of all things.

1. We hold the police to a higher than humanly possible standard. We ask them to have no emotion after a 45 minute chase where hundreds of lives are risked and at the end of which one of their friends is run down on the highway and left for dead.

2. When they fail in this standard we make them pay with their careers and forfeit the future income they have built over a matter of years.

Steps one and two are a start, but step 3 is the sign we have evolved as a people.

3. Not only do we follow through on steps 1 and 2, but we then call the cops animals and celebrate their firings on web boards everywhere. Our concern for the victim's spinal cord shows our greatness as a nation too. Maybe one day we will have a national holiday called "Cop revenge day". We can have a "where are they now" reality show which displays these wretched former cops and their families as they hopefully struggle to find their next meal. We can show the victims in their lawsuit purchased mansions still strung out on crack or booze or dope but in a much better crackhouse.

Real sorry to hear that Push, I have actually met Bucky Phillips through a friend of mine briefly a few years back that lives near Westfield, NY. It kind of blew my mind when all of this happened even though I didn't really know Phillips personally.

Thanks dog. What was the meeting with Phillips like?

They never really pointed out in the video which 5 got fired. I hope one of them was the big phony who purposely got in the way of the van in an effort to do severe tire damage. Then he fakes like he almost got hit. What a jerk.

I hope this victim sues the cops, the city and the seat belt company. I mean, the president of the seat belt company should have personally buckled him in. Until this scoiety treats our criminals like kings, we can only be seen as unjust.

At least we are on our way. It does my heart good to see that there are right thinking people out there on a Buffalo Bills message board of all things.

1. We hold the police to a higher than humanly possible standard. We ask them to have no emotion after a 45 minute chase where hundreds of lives are risked and at the end of which one of their friends is run down on the highway and left for dead.

2. When they fail in this standard we make them pay with their careers and forfeit the future income they have built over a matter of years.

Steps one and two are a start, but step 3 is the sign we have evolved as a people.

3. Not only do we follow through on steps 1 and 2, but we then call the cops animals and celebrate their firings on web boards everywhere. Our concern for the victim's spinal cord shows our greatness as a nation too. Maybe one day we will have a national holiday called "Cop revenge day". We can have a "where are they now" reality show which displays these wretched former cops and their families as they hopefully struggle to find their next meal. We can show the victims in their lawsuit purchased mansions still strung out on crack or booze or dope but in a much better crackhouse.

Now that people can't think for themselves, they just repeat what they feel makes them sound intelligent or compassionate. These people have been programmed to standup for the bad guys and tear down the good guys. Then everybody is in disbelief when their kids idolize Tony Montoya, the Sopranos, and 50 Cent.

These police officers deserved to lose their job, IMO. They made a series of errors and lost control of their emotions. I feel bad for police who have to deal with this garbage, day in and day out. I wouldn't be able to control myself either. I promise you that most of the bleeding heart, cop bashers wouldn't last a week on the job. It doesn't stop them from judging and scrutinizing every chance they get.

Bottom line: These cops broke the law themselves and lost control. Being held to a different standard comes with the job and that is made clear before you start. The guy who was getting arrested is a waste of life and will be propped up as a victim by many people. The guy was getting punched, not stabbed, shot, or run over with a vehicle. Those of you who want to treat the beatdown, like something more than it is, have probably never been in a fight. Tough to take these posters serious in regards to this subject. I've seen people horrified by the site of a cop wrestling with a guy running from the scene of a crime. People just don't have a clue.

Guest dog14787
Thanks dog. What was the meeting with Phillips like?

Bucky Phillips and the buddy of mine were getting ready to go to a musical festival ( blue herring I think ) he hooked my younger bro up with some smoke, I shook his hand and that was about it, at the time didn't even think anything about it.

He seemed like a nice fella to me.