Vick as a potential Bill

Chas

Fighting to the death is very popular in other countries, Bull fighting comes to mind. So in Spain for instance we have thousands and thousands of onlookers cheering on what is in essence, a Bull getting stabbed to death, and its not even a fair fight.

Human beings, in a fairly civilized country, wow, imagine that :w00t:

Maybe Michael Vick can be used for the Elite Hunting Club from the movie Hostel...

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reponded to an earlier post- but this is so damn impotant to me - I wanted to open a new post

First the first 2 words my mother taught me was "Lou" as in Saban, and "Bills" in the early 60s. mom also got me a puppy and she was with me for 12 years. As much as I love the Bills, Jack Kemp never woke me when my smoke detector went off, Jim Kelly never came over and licked my face after a bad day at work, Joe D. never let the hair stand up on the back of his neck - if someone unknown approached me or my family.

I have probably have had a 100 dogs in my life and touch my life (mine, my brothers, mt nephwews, my kids, and mt friends, and many of them have had to wear a Bills Bandana around thir necks on Sunday Sept. through the last game of the season - in good seasons (way to few) and bad seasons. I am loyal to my teams (Bills, Sabres, Blue Jays & Cubs) as my dogs are loyal to me and my loved ones.

If the Bills even bring Vick in for a work out - I would burn all of my Bills belongings, this world is filled with natural tragady and disspair - why would I watch to be enternained by a person who thrived on intentionaly wanted see non-repairable physical and mental damage to innocent dogs. And if they did not perform - strangle them, drown them, beat them. I would guess the retrospect would be - Interception - 2,000 volts to your testicals Mike, Loss game = cigarette burns on your neck, Blown read at the line = public flogging. Lost Super Bowl - Death by Hanging in public square. Guess if that was the case - the Bills only go to 1 super bowl.

RIP: Missy, Brandi, Scoop, Lucky, Tasker, Butkis, Kelpie

And a keep barking and protecting: Rocker, Harley, Dakatoa, Kona, Christie, Sheba, Buddy, Pudge, Ozzy, and Max - and if Mike Vick shows up - lift your leg up and PISS ON him and bite his nuts

chas_rocker@yahoo.com

Geez and fans talk about TO being a distraction- Chas_Rocker shakes his head

Chas,

Some of the moron Vick lickers notwithstanding, signing Vick would be the last straw. I would then know,without a doubt that this organizations fo is lost beyond all recovery and that the franchise is not what it once was.

Your post is spot on. The steelers would welcome my fandom and I'd be glad to buy their tickets.

Let Vick sign with the Raiders where he belongs,

Besides, he is a bad quarterback.

Ok so I have been in some heated debates on some message boards. I still think Vick is total scum. However he did serve his time (I don't think it was enough but whatever). I however think the commish should consider this proposal. Vick is reinstated on the condition that he donates 90 percent of his salary for the rest of his career to the humane society. With this solution we are helping the animals and shelters rather than continuing to punish Vick. That being said No way here on my beloved Bills.

Chas,

Some of the moron Vick lickers notwithstanding, signing Vick would be the last straw. I would then know,without a doubt that this organizations fo is lost beyond all recovery and that the franchise is not what it once was.

Your post is spot on. The steelers would welcome my fandom and I'd be glad to buy their tickets.

I don't think the Steelers accept cut and run fans.

This whole Vick thing is stupid... We live in such a hypocritical society as just the other day I was watching TV about MMA for KIDS as young as 4 and watched these kids pound the FOCK out of eachother... Why isnt THAT illegal? Those parents should be put in jail..

I dont think fighting dogs is good either but SERIOUSLY??? The time fit the crime???

An a second note i dont want Vick in Buffalo either... I really dont want him in the AFC east for sure! Id rather have him in buffalo than MIAMI!

This whole Vick thing is stupid... We live in such a hypocritical society as just the other day I was watching TV about MMA for KIDS as young as 4 and watched these kids pound the FOCK out of eachother... Why isnt THAT illegal? Those parents should be put in jail..

Are you suggesting the parents of these kids raised the kid solely to fight one another, sometimes to the death, while others bet on the outcome? In order to raise, and train these fighting kids did they torture the kids? Did they strap women to rape stands to get them pregnant with kids they planned to use for this enterprise? Did they kidnap kids off the street to use as "training kids", and let their fighting kids beat them to death?

Because, if they did that, it would be comparable to a dog fighting operation. And I'd have to agree a kid-fighting operation would be worse than the dog-fighting variety.

EDIT: BTW, I agree that these parents have a problem, if they are letting 4 year olds compete in MMA. But, as I am sure they have rules, and rarely let the kids fight to the death, it is unlike dog fighting. If the parents torture the kids to get them ready for MMA, they should be prosecuted.

Guest dog14787
Chas,

yes he is.

yes he is.

He's better than Fitzpatrick. I'd take him to be our clear-cut #2/specialty QB/WR in a heartbeat. Vick's done the time. According to the judicial system he has paid his debt to society. At SOME point people have to let it go.

He's better than Fitzpatrick. I'd take him to be our clear-cut #2/specialty QB/WR in a heartbeat. Vick's done the time. According to the judicial system he has paid his debt to society. At SOME point people have to let it go.

He's a convicted felon...he won't be coming to Buffalo, and that's per the Buffalo Bills, and if Goodell doesn't want to destroy his reputation as a commissioner who wants to clean up the league's image, he'll never reinstate this scumbag

He's a convicted felon...he won't be coming to Buffalo, and that's per the Buffalo Bills, and if Goodell doesn't want to destroy his reputation as a commissioner who wants to clean up the league's image, he'll never reinstate this scumbag

Spare me the feined outrage, please. If you think Vick won't be reinstated you're nuts. He puts fans in the seats and he's already been out of the league for two years. No one has ever been given a lifetime ban. His crimes were heinous, but he's not OJ. Chances are well over 80% he's back this year, and damn near 100% by next year at the latest.

Spare me the feined outrage, please. If you think Vick won't be reinstated you're nuts. He puts fans in the seats and he's already been out of the league for two years. No one has ever been given a lifetime ban. His crimes were heinous, but he's not OJ. Chances are well over 80% he's back this year, and damn near 100% by next year at the latest.

Dexter Manley says hi.

Dexter Manley says hi.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I wouldn't argue a lifetime ban for Vick, but I do not expect one to materialize. It would have happened last year if it was going to happen. They'll probably keep him out a year more, then reinstate him next year. The Raiders will sign him and he'll make Al Davis look as smart as a bag of bricks. Not that he needs any help on that one. I think we can close this thread now.

I dont think fighting dogs is good either but SERIOUSLY??? The time fit the crime???

An a second note i dont want Vick in Buffalo either... I really dont want him in the AFC east for sure! Id rather have him in buffalo than MIAMI!

I don't think it was just dog fighting. It was his torture and ruthless killings of the dogs.

2 things

It's not feigned outrage...I'm not a heartless SOB with no conscience...he's a scumbag and the idea of him ever setting foot at the Ralph, even as a opponent, is sickening to any decent human being. Little kids had their best friends stolen, tortured, and slaughtered by this sicko...there's a lot of people who'd like to see him dead...some people have even brought up the fact that other psychos who've slaughtered people started out by slaughtering and torturing animals like he did. The word psychopath should have Vick's picture next to it in the dictionary.

He put fans in the seats in the past...he'd have people boycotting games and staging protests after what he did. If Goodell has any common sense, he'll make a stand on this...no convicted felons

I was thinking the exact same thing. I wouldn't argue a lifetime ban for Vick, but I do not expect one to materialize. It would have happened last year if it was going to happen. They'll probably keep him out a year more, then reinstate him next year. The Raiders will sign him and he'll make Al Davis look as smart as a bag of bricks. Not that he needs any help on that one. I think we can close this thread now.

It's a dog gone shame M-dog can't fetch any respect from this pack of whineramers. This kind of fighting is the pit of bull-stuff. It breeds aggression within the pack as they turn visciously on each other. This death match must be brought to heel. Sit up, beg for unity and roll over a new leaf. OK that should cover every Vick related pun imaginable so we're ready to shut down this racket, oops, there goes another one. I'm outta here, where's my frisbee?

I'm sure you are 100 times more outraged about Vick and his dog incidents than you are about Leonard Little and his killing of a person while he was drunk driving...

I am sure you already have your PETA card, but if not, get in line and make sure you get one....

Its always amazing to me how people get so wound up over a freaking animal but they could comparably care less about people running around killing other people...

Its a dog...yes the acts were despicable, but again....its a dog...not a human...a dog...

I mean, look what we're talking about here...

we're talking about a dog...not an actual human being, not a human...a dog, man...just a dog...

I mean that's what we are talking about here, and what you are getting your panties in a bunch about? A dog? Cmon man....its a dog...its not even a human, man...its just a dog...

Dogs are just as intelligent, if not smarter, as some developmentally challenged people. What makes them different from those people are their physical attributes. However, according to your philosophy ("its a dog...not a human"), dogs still do not warrant any respect from us. Why, because of these distinct attributes?Please, indulge me! Having preference for members of our own species, simply because of they are members of our species is sort of like racisim or sexism. Is it okay for me to think whites are superior to blacks or jews to muslims because of their physical attributes? Or a man is better than a woman merely because of his gender?A dog is a self-conscious being aware of itself as an entity, disctinct from other entities in the world, as is a person. Once you comprehend this concept, then maybe you will understand everyone's disgust for Vicks crimes and their willingness to drop the Bills if they acquire him!

It seems that you are also having trouble comprehending the disparity between a crime that results from a reckless accident and running a dog fighting operation which I need not describe the details of (by now, we are all quite familiar with). The difference (which many people have articulated already but yet it still eludes you) is intent. Most of us have all driven while intoxicated so its easier for us to forgive someone who has even when it results in someone's death. I am not trying to belittle this reckless crime but merly illuminate the difference in the 2 crimes. Vick intended to barbarically do what he did to those dogs. Leonard Little did not intend to kill anyone. Does this justify him, absolutley not but it does distinguish him from Vick. One intends to act pernicious, the other does not. No one has to forgive Little (especially the victims of his accident) for what he did but this could of happenend to everyone of us who has driven under the influence at some point of our lives (we just thank god it didn't and learned from our mistake).

Furthermore, please stop presuming we are all somehow affliated w/ Peta because we love dogs. Being presumptious in life is not going to get you far nor is being ignorant! Next time you want to belittle the value of a dog, try articulating something better than " we're talking about a dog...not an actual human being, not a human...a dog, man...just a dog..." cause quite frankly, you sound as about as smart as a box of rocks my man!