Vick - Should the Bills Pursue

Vick - Should the Bills Pursue  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Should we pursue Vick

• Yes
    • No

Bottom line: out of the league too long, wasn't that great to begin with, and would draw too much negative attention. We could use a more capable backup to Trent (our present & future) but not him.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I say criminals?

I clearly stated CONVICTED FELON.

Not sure what type of work you do, but legit businesses in the US do not hire convicted felons.

Martha Stewart, G. Gordon Liddy, Micheal Milken, these people are unemployed?

We're a lot more likely to ignore white collar felonies.

Martha Stewart, G. Gordon Liddy, Micheal Milken, these people are unemployed?

We're a lot more likely to ignore white collar felonies.

Definitely.

I just believe in 2nd chances...did Vick do a horrible thing? Absolutely....now for the issue of 'most legit companies would not hire someone who did what Vick did" Talent and Winning > Morals in business, and the faster all of you get that, the faster you will understand it...Vick has a skill set that 99.9% of people in his field do NOT have...MILLIONS play football..thousands make the league...and only hundreds excel in that field...sorry to say, that talent and winning will always supersede morals.in the business of sports (unless you gamble on your own sport, the integrity of the game being compromised hurts the bottom line)..especially considering he SERVED his time and now he is able to play again.

Now if Vick messed up again....then that is a different story...

You are people are crazy. You are so big on Trent Edwards but then you go trash Vick. If Vick is a guy who can run with poor passing skills and is a backup at best then what the hell is trent? How many times did Vick win football games? Did he not make the playoffs? If I am not mistaken, he may have even made an nfc championship game? He probably made the pro bowl as well. All of you stat geeks out there need to take off those big glasses and understand that there is more to the position than stats. I am not saying Vick is a great QB and I am a Trent Edwards fan myself but if I had a choice between Edwards right now and Vick before he went to jail, there is no way in the world I would take Trent Edwards. The man has paid his debt.....(to much of a debt if u ask me)...let him go on with his life

You are people are crazy. You are so big on Trent Edwards but then you go trash Vick. If Vick is a guy who can run with poor passing skills and is a backup at best then what the hell is trent? How many times did Vick win football games? Did he not make the playoffs? If I am not mistaken, he may have even made an nfc championship game? He probably made the pro bowl as well. All of you stat geeks out there need to take off those big glasses and understand that there is more to the position than stats. I am not saying Vick is a great QB and I am a Trent Edwards fan myself but if I had a choice between Edwards right now and Vick before he went to jail, there is no way in the world I would take Trent Edwards. The man has paid his debt.....(to much of a debt if u ask me)...let him go on with his life

Great post, except he DID go to jail. Are you going to pretend he didn't go to jail and not take an NFL snap in 2 years? I would take Plaxico too, before he shot his thigh. Travis Henry too, before he knocked up 9 women and sold coke.

He can go on with his life....in the CFL. Oh, that's right, he probably can't cross the Canadian border....

The point that Vick was an average QB at best is crazy. So many ppl want to treat him like he is 2nd or 3rd stringer or even a rb or wr. Let me tell you this. If I had a chance to add a playoff winning qb, with a cannon arm, top notch scrambling skills, former 1st overall pick under the age of 30. I would not pass up on that. Can you imagine how good Vick would look in that Dolphin offense?

By the way, thanks for only taking part of my post and trying to make an argument.

I totally agree.. In his last year playing Vick threw for 2,474 yards with 20 TD's, 13 picks and a 52.6 completion percentage. He also ran for 1,039 yards and 2 TD's. When is the last time a Bills quarterback gave us 22 touchdowns? As a player Vick could definitely help the team. Think about what putting a player like Vick on the field in the redzone could do.

I have no problem with letting Mike play, although if I were commissioner I'd make him wait another year.

But "let him play" isn't the same as "hire him". Just because a guy is eligible to play, doesn't mean he is a good fit for any particular team.

Pursue Vick for what? Someone to hand out towels in the locker room?

Some Vick Career Passing Stats to chew on...

W/L record - 38-28-1 - very respectable

Cmp % - 53.8% - would have ranked 31st last year out of 33 QBs.

Rating - 75.7 - 28th last year

TD% - 4.1% - 12th last year

INT% - 3% - 26th last year

YPA - 6.7 - 22nd last year

Sack% - 9.8 - 33rd last year

Or...worse than 2008 Trent Edwards in every category except TD%.

I can't believe that years later people can still be blinded by his name and college heroics.

I have no problem with letting Mike play, although if I were commissioner I'd make him wait another year.

But "let him play" isn't the same as "hire him". Just because a guy is eligible to play, doesn't mean he is a good fit for any particular team.

Agree - I just thought it was interesting commentary, however didn't feel it warranted a new topic.

There are some interesting things we could do with him, and if the offensive line is as bad as I think its going to be he might even be the starter after TE gets a few concussions. Still...looking at the big picture...attitude, controversy, TE as the go to guy...I don't see it as a deal worth pursuing.

I totally agree.. In his last year playing Vick threw for 2,474 yards with 20 TD's, 13 picks and a 52.6 completion percentage. He also ran for 1,039 yards and 2 TD's. When is the last time a Bills quarterback gave us 22 touchdowns? As a player Vick could definitely help the team. Think about what putting a player like Vick on the field in the redzone could do.

Thank you for the statistics. Proves that Vick threw for more TD's in one season than Cinco has in 2 years. Sure his % isnt as hight as Trents, but the guy can win games.

For a QB or another position?

I love dogs as much as the next person but the guy has served his time. If we have a position which he still has thje athletic skill for sure, not as a quarterback though.

obviously not man. I am a dog person, and I have a pit bull. I dont share your same views. I want to kick him in the head and then do some of those things he did to those dogs. It makes me sick to think of what he did. Not a chance I want to see him in a bills uniform or any other. He still has some making up to do-

Maybe he was reading about how to get over de(prison)fences, but it's unlikely he was reading about football defenses.

I assume the last time you checked was 2004. That was the last time the Falcons had a winning record with Vick as starter. If you watched the Falcs in Vick's last 2 years you would realize the claim that "their physical abilities can win games alone" is factually incorrect. Young flat out sucks at QB---AND he's a moron.

If you want to show us all your balls, why don't you just lift a leg?

Lighten up, Francis

Reference please.

Its unlikely that he never worked out or thought about football at all. You must live a charmed life and no nothing about prison. There isnt much to do inside but workout, read, and think about your life. Good and bad. And no I have not been to prison, but I have multiple friends that are CO's and prolly know more about it then you do.

The records of both teams with their starting QB's since they have been the starters. Last I checked Young destroyed the Bills 2 years ago when it meant our playoff hopes. So if he sucks so bad I would hate to hear what you think about the Bills. Yes, the guy is an idiot but he can play. To say that since 2004 would just be rediculous. They both have winning records as starters and both ben to playoff games. Vick has won 2 of them, one of which was in GB when past December which no team had done in years prior to that.

Falcons

2001 7-9 (rookie season, only played 8 games)

2002 9-6-1 (Beat GB in GB in Wild Card game)

2003 5-11 (only played 5 games)

2004 11-5 (Beat STL in Divisional game, and lost to PHI who went on to lose in the SB)

2005 8-8

2006 7-9

Titans

2006 8-8 (rookie season played 15 games)

2007 10-6 (lost to SD in Wild Card game)

Glad to see you thought about my balls when all I was doing is stating how much I support the team.

I wont lighten up. Schobel94 made a personal comment to me and I backed it up. How bout I tell you to take a seat and not get involved with things that dont concern you.