If the Bills got Vick, we would welcome him with open arms

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people like to rationalize this stuff, "its part of the culture",

"its accepted in parts of the world", "hes done nothing worse than other criminals in the NFL",

"he's paid his debt to society". That may or may not all be true, but for my two cents

when a person throws a living creature against a concrete driveway until it dies, hes mentally f'uped and

rehabilitalion will not cure this. I wouldn't want him living in my neighborhood.

I understand where your coming from but i mean damn he killed a dog not a person and he said sorry when someone steps on a bug or kills deer or hits a raccon and leaves it in the middle of the street nobody says nothin it doesnt get blown outta propertion nothin hell he didnt even hit a girl....its over kill...he can stay in my neighnorhood and in play playstation wit him...LOL....

I understand where your coming from but i mean damn he killed a dog not a person and he said sorry when someone steps on a bug or kills deer or hits a raccon and leaves it in the middle of the street nobody says nothin it doesnt get blown outta propertion nothin hell he didnt even hit a girl....its over kill...he can stay in my neighnorhood and in play playstation wit him...LOL....

He didn't kill 1 dog...he killed hundreds...and not just the ones he owned. No sane person can seriously defend someone who massacred his own dogs...but he also took family pets and tortured and killed them as well.

He didn't kill 1 dog...he killed hundreds...and not just the ones he owned. No sane person can seriously defend someone who massacred his own dogs...but he also took family pets and tortured and killed them as well.

LOL DUDE YOUR INSANE..the exaderation "he killed hundreds" try 6....yea people like you are the main reason i get mad at this subject cuz you try to make him out to be charles manson...its not that serious HE DIDNT KILL ANYBODY...i bet you eat meat, wear fur coat, have a comforter with feathers...try to relax....

LOL DUDE YOUR INSANE..the exaderation "he killed hundreds" try 6....yea people like you are the main reason i get mad at this subject cuz you try to make him out to be charles manson...its not that serious HE DIDNT KILL ANYBODY...i bet you eat meat, wear fur coat, have a comforter with feathers...try to relax....

He killed flowers too, execution is the only answer now.

You might welcome him, but don't speak for everyone. That guy was an *sshole long before anyone heard of him mistreating animals. I have been down in Virginia now for 16 years, so I was aware of him since his high school days. He was a total dick when it came to community around here. He didn't show up for his own charity golf tournament, he sent his dad instead. When we asked his dad where he was, his dad said he was playing catch with his brother (another stellar Virginian) in the backyard. This area puts out some real winners, Vick, Percy Harvin, Iverson, Plaxico Burress. People wonder why I tell them Western New York will always be home for me. You think T.O. brings media and publicity, as much as I think signing him will bite the Bills in the rearend, the Vick signing would be a ten times worse and a total Publicity nightmare.

Having lived in Hampton Roads for 17 years now, methinks you may have forgotten that the area has produced some stand-up athletes. Aside from that minor point, I agree with you 100%. I love the life I've built for myself here in Va Bch, but WNY will always be home.

Having lived in Hampton Roads for 17 years now, methinks you may have forgotten that the area has produced some stand-up athletes. Aside from that minor point, I agree with you 100%. I love the life I've built for myself here in Va Bch, but WNY will always be home.

Relative of mine lived in VA beach, great town / time. I loved the board walk area, always a blast.

To Lassie, he is Charlie.

To Lassie, he is Charlie.

no he could be the guy who shot old yeller with the shotty and id still play dominoes, playstations, spades and when it snows have a snowball fight with him at ralph wilson no matter a fact he can come to WAR MEMORIAL STADIUM to handle the snow balls....LOL..... :ph34r: :ph34r: :D:worthy:

Let's face it, we're fish.

Sorry, not me Skoob.

IMO harming animals is right up there with murder and rape, it's an activity reserved for the most fukked people in the world.

I hope Vick fails miserably at everything he does from here on out and passes on to the next life a lonely and broken man.

no he could be the guy who shot old yeller with the shotty and id still play dominoes, playstations, spades and when it snows have a snowball fight with him at ralph wilson no matter a fact he can come to WAR MEMORIAL STADIUM to handle the snow balls....LOL..... :unsure::blink::wacko::doh:

After which you two will (at least in your fantasies) tussle a bit before making love.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sport...t_12162006.html

Attached is link to a list of player arrested in 2006 from the Washington Post. Still looking for 07-08. Point is that what Vick did is not any worse (as far as a criminal act goes) from what these other guys did any in my opinion what some of them did was worse than what Vick did. I think dogfighting is wrong and a horrible act but so are these other crimes and these players (with the exception of a few) remain in the NFL. Vick served his time and I beleive has the potential to use the lessons he learned the hard way to teach people (especially kids) that the crime and "thug" lifestyle are overrated and dangerous and to be a positive influence on them. The goal of our correction system is to rehabilitate and if it has worked let him be a teacher to others.

With all that said, I still do not want him in Buffalo (but not becuase of his personal history). I personally beleive he was the most overated QB ever. It is a passing position and he has, I beleive, the lowest completion percentage ever of a starting QB in the league. We have running backs we do not need a QB as another RB.

So you dont think financing and running a multistate criminal orginization for over 6 years is worse than these offenses? Most of them where emotional spur of the moment crimes, and werent planned and run for years, like Vicks was. Sorry but think being a crime boss is a bit too much to forgive in my eyes.

I'm sorry Philster, but I have a hard time thinking that what Vick did is worse than what Little did.

Generally, DWI is not premeditated, that's true enough. But we're talking about a guy that killed a woman with his irresponsibility (am I even using a real word here?), and--despite knowing that, and carrying around whatever burden any normal person with a discernable conscience would be stricken with--did it a second time (that the law knows about). It shows a total disregard for human life, which--in my opinion--is of greater value than a dog's life.

Vick did heinous things to those animals, absolutely. Did he deserve to be punished? Undoubtedly, and severely at that. But he has been. He's lost everything. Even if he comes back, he'll have to prove he's capable of playing in the league (which some don't even think he did the first time he tried). He won't come back and play for millions, he'll play at or near the league minimum, which won't even cover 10% of the money he owes in bankruptcy court.

I think that fact that he ran an organization doing illegal activities, put up a legal front to try and hide the activities, then lied repeatedly after they where uncovered in an attempted to still hide the facts are pretty major. Also the killing of the dogs isn't the issue, its the way he killed them. If he just shot them or killed them without torturing them, there wouldn't have been such an uproar on that point, but he still would have gone to jail for running an organized criminal organization.

They had proof that he had a direct hand in killing 6. Hundreds did die through the organization he ran however, either by the people he employed or through the actually fights they where in.

So what I am getting from this argument, is that a crime only should count if someone dies? Or the masterminds behind the organizations who commit crimes should be able to hide behind the people they pay to do them for them? Not sure if I'm understanding what your point is, but there are more things than murder that are illegal in this country.