James Hardy

My personal bet is that Johnson takes the step forward and Hardy goes bust.

Either way the Bills should be grooming one of those guys to take over for TO at the number two wideout slot because once Terrance Mcgee leaves we will probably use next years first on a DB. The only reason I singled out Hardy is because he has good physical tools that need to be polished with an understanding of NFL blocking and route running.

If we use this year to get Hardy's head right and maybe some more limited playing time than Hardy might be able to take a step up next year and fill the void left by TO's future departure. Steve Johnson could be that guy let him get some play time at the fourth wide and occasional slot and see what he has.

No, he didn't. And he played dumb. I remember a play where he needed to go OOB to save precious seconds, and he instead went back towards the middle of the field. Let's not rewrite history, just so we can bash Hardy.

Whatever..one dumb mistake doesnt validate you saying he didnt play hard. He always played tough. Hardy runs some sloppy lazy rooutes.

Pushthepile, you are in no way qualified to say that Hardy does not give his full effort. Did you study every single one of his plays to determine when he played hard and when he didn't? Of course you didn't, so you have no basis for comparison and cannot say he did or did not play hard. Now please go away, as you are grossly uninformed about Hardy.

I'm basing my opinions on the same amount of footage you have. I just see things differently. No need to get your panties all up in a bunch over it. Every team in the league has busts from every draft. Why is it that people get so worked up if others have a negative opinion about a young Bill? I don't think Hardy will ever get passed some of his major flaws. What an **** I am for not waiting the mandatory three years to have an opinion. To me guys like you Flingon just repeat the same garbage about every young player. It's like a broken record, "I think if said player gets alot better at everything, he will be a stud". :lol:

I dont think we should give up on him yet

But I also dont think he deserves to be the "incombant" (SP) at the #2 wideout position based on where he was drafted.

It is my hope that sitting and watching how TO does things (similar type of biulds) will allow Hardy to ease himself into things and come out strong next year......

But he is def not a sure thing anymore....and he should be working on the other aspects of his game that are weak like ROUTE RUNNING

I'm basing my opinions on the same amount of footage you have. I just see things differently. No need to get your panties all up in a bunch over it. Every team in the league has busts from every draft. Why is it that people get so worked up if others have a negative opinion about a young Bill? I don't think Hardy will ever get passed some of his major flaws. What an **** I am for not waiting the mandatory three years to have an opinion. To me guys like you Flingon just repeat the same garbage about every young player. It's like a broken record, "I think if said player gets alot better at everything, he will be a stud". :lol:

Well I think you bring up some good points about Hardy I just think that you are writing him off a little too early. With TO he has a year to work on the worts in his game and get more adjusted to the progame. I think that even with a year to take a step back and adjust more to the progame he still might not develop into an NFL caliber #2 wideout by his third or fourth year.

I think you make good points about Hardy not having the mental capacity and the route running ability but its not like every wide out who has success in the NFL has those abilities right out of college. Players often do develop the things Hardy is missing which is why I think you need to work with him and not call him a bust at least not yet.

Even if next year he isn't number two I still think that he could be a dangerous slot guy who could use a year at number 3 to get more play time and be a redzone threat so even if he isn't #2 material he could still have value

Well I think you bring up some good points about Hardy I just think that you are writing him off a little too early. With TO he has a year to work on the worts in his game and get more adjusted to the progame. I think that even with a year to take a step back and adjust more to the progame he still might not develop into an NFL caliber #2 wideout by his third or fourth year.

I think you make good points about Hardy not having the mental capacity and the route running ability but its not like every wide out who has success in the NFL has those abilities right out of college. Players often do develop the things Hardy is missing which is why I think you need to work with him and not call him a bust at least not yet.

I could be proven horribly wrong in time and would love it. I've got to go with my gut on this one though. Alot of things need to go just right and his window might be closing with that injury.

I could be proven horribly wrong in time and would love it. I've got to go with my gut on this one though. Alot of things need to go just right and his window might be closing with that injury.

Well I think that the fact that we have TO buys Hardy time to harness his skills and learn from TO. The Bills could let him sit on the practice squad for the first 6-8 games and once there is an injury let him on the field. I said in another post on the other Hardy thread that you could work on his game from a rout running and a mental perspective. The fact that they don't have to rush him back on the field makes me a little less concerned with the injury.

If I had to put money on it I would bet on bust however I wouldn't be that confident in that bet because any time you give a guy with great physical tools like Hardy a year to just work on his game than you have a lot of potential for improvement. Simply put TO holds the window open for a little longer.