Hargrove Signed By Saints

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though he is either a little troubled or an idiot, I wish him well.

He had a couple good plays and I don't question the effort he put in, and the locker room seemed to like him too.

Just a messed up guy, hopefully he can get it together for 2 or 3 years and build a nest egg of some kind for what may be a long hard retirement.

Wow. Any of you journalistic types bothered by Brown's reporting this? I suppose it's 'on the record', but I would have kept that conversation to myself.

My mind when the say way when reading it. As Lori wrote, we don't know under what circumstances, conditions and context this conversation took place. That said, on the surface, seeing that Chris Brown didn't state how this all came up, it appears Brown probably used bad judgment in writing this. First, Hargrove now seems to be in a position to cause some real problems for the Bills, in that defamation of character, etc., could be construed even if Brown has this conversation recorded. Second, and probably a bigger issue for Brown, is that current players may read the blog post and lose trust in Brown. That is often the real concern for the reporter. Let the management deal with the disgruntled story subject, but when a story causes your sources to dry up, you're in trouble as a reporter. Even with Brown's luxury of being on the Bills payroll, I would, if I were a player, think twice before opening up to Brown now.

Great point, scribo. Even if Hargrove did sign off, yeah, there could be some unintended consequences for Brown's actions.

And if Hargrove did sign off, Brown should have said that in his piece. Full disclosure needed...

My mind when the say way when reading it. As Lori wrote, we don't know under what circumstances, conditions and context this conversation took place. That said, on the surface, seeing that Chris Brown didn't state how this all came up, it appears Brown probably used bad judgment in writing this. First, Hargrove now seems to be in a position to cause some real problems for the Bills, in that defamation of character, etc., could be construed even if Brown has this conversation recorded. Second, and probably a bigger issue for Brown, is that current players may read the blog post and lose trust in Brown. That is often the real concern for the reporter. Let the management deal with the disgruntled story subject, but when a story causes your sources to dry up, you're in trouble as a reporter. Even with Brown's luxury of being on the Bills payroll, I would, if I were a player, think twice before opening up to Brown now.

What purpose did disclosing this serve? Even if Hargrove gave it his emphatic approval, why go there? Brown comes off as a bitter, petulant Bills fan lashing out whimsically at the latest former player that has moved on.

What purpose did disclosing this serve? Even if Hargrove gave it his emphatic approval, why go there? Brown comes off as a bitter, petulant Bills fan lashing out whimsically at the latest former player that has moved on.

I suppose Brown would say he posted it because his job is to through his blog give insight not readily available to fans or the normal media. I am not saying I agree that applies in this case, and I certainly am NOT trying to speak for or defend Brown, but this is my best guess as to how he justified posting it. To me, waiting until he signs with another team clearly shows he knew this information would be seen as negative toward Hargrove.

I suppose Brown would say he posted it because his job is to through his blog give insight not readily available to fans or the normal media. I am not saying I agree that applies in this case, and I certainly am NOT trying to speak for or defend Brown, but this is my best guess as to how he justified posting it. To me, waiting until he signs with another team clearly shows he knew this information would be seen as negative toward Hargrove.

Maybe. There is still such a thing as savoir faire.

Yeah, I sold him and his white Kelly Bundy type of girlfriend (less attractive) a laptop while back. He seemed like a little kid and they played hide and go seek in the store. They really were nice to talk to.

Man, if I had know he had 11 people in his head - I would have been all for re-signing him.

More crazies, less Kelsey's.

Maybe that's why Buffalo never resigned him. He played well, but

would cost way too much, I mean 11 contracts and all.......

FWIW, Chris addressed this over on the bb.com board, saying that Hargrove "told me himself he just has fun with it" and knew he was speaking on the record.

He did edit the blog post. The original:

DE Anthony Hargrove, who was suspended by the league for a year after violating the league’s substance abuse policy on the heels of other off the field incidents signed with the New Orleans Saints. That according to the Times-Picayune.

Former Rams interim head coach Joe Vitt is now the Saints’ linebackers coach and reportedly put in a good word. But Hargrove though talented is anything but stable upstairs.

I once had a long conversation with him about the voices in his head. He said there are 11 people living up there and they all “come out” at different times. At first I thought he was pulling my arm, that it was an act, but he rattled off their names like it was nothing. The list by the way included three or four female personalities.

Some of his teammates at the time were convinced he was nuts. Still he was pretty talented and he was a monster on kickoff coverage on special teams. The league re-instated him just this past February.

His former Bills teammates will be able to see him in Week 3 when the Saints come to town, that is if he’s still on the roster. New Orleans has an awful lot of distractions.

The rewrite:

DE Anthony Hargrove, who was suspended by the league for a year after violating the league’s substance abuse policy on the heels of other off the field incidents signed with the New Orleans Saints. That according to the Times-Picayune.

Former Rams interim head coach Joe Vitt is now the Saints’ linebackers coach and reportedly put in a good word. But Hargrove though talented is anything but stable in making good decisions.

I once had a long conversation with him where he told me about the voices in his head. He said there are 11 people living up there and they all “come out” at different times. He rattled off their names like it was nothing. The list by the way included three or four female personalities. He just told me he has fun with it so it must be an act of his that gets laughs in the locker room.

Some of his teammates at the time were convinced he was nuts. Still he was pretty talented and he was a monster on kickoff coverage on special teams. The league re-instated him just this past February.

His former Bills teammates will be able to see him in Week 3 when the Saints come to town, that is if he’s still on the roster. New Orleans has an awful lot of distractions.

Isn't he the one who still has an outstanding warrant against him in Monroe County (Rochester)? I wonder if that has to get resolved before he can play in New York State.....

I think it was for unperformed community service. They should be able to take care of that, and negotiate a deal, well before he comes to town.

If Rochester was too wild and crazy for him, the Big Easy is going to call out all 11 of his personalities.

Aint dat da trut!

Just read the article Lori. Is the coach upset that it was written?

Link?

What he said. :wacko:

if I were a player, think twice before opening up to Brown now.

If I were a player, I'd think twice about sharing my psychological issues with ANY reporter, unless we were righting a book together, or he/she was doing an authorized bio/in-depth interview of me. A reporter isn't a shrink, or your best friend.

If I were a player, I'd think twice about sharing my psychological issues with ANY reporter, unless we were righting a book together, or he/she was doing an authorized bio/in-depth interview of me. A reporter isn't a shrink, or your best friend.

In Hargrove's case, he has to think 11 times. Which is probably he let it slip.

In Hargrove's case, he has to think 11 times. Which is probably he let it slip.

I think, if each thinks twice, that would be 22 times.

And, your point is noted.