Could all eight Jaguars home games be blacked out?

Lori

Jags will never move from jacksonville.... The local goverment and the NFL will not allow jacksonville to move... Tim Tebow will be the marketing move the jaguars make just like terrell owens was for the bills.. And for dean the jaguars havent had a blacked out game in over two years.. Also, the owner for the jaguars is already in place and thats the man who basically brought them to jacksonville Paul Tagliabue.. DONT GET ME WRONG JACKSONVILLE HAS A BIGGER FOLLOWING IN FOOTBALL THEN BUFFALO..BUT ITS STRICTLY COLLEGE FOTBALL PERTAINING TO THE GATORS,SEMINOLES,BULLDOGS AND HURRICANNES

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Jags will never move from jacksonville.... The local goverment and the NFL will not allow jacksonville to move... Tim Tebow will be the marketing move the jaguars make just like terrell owens was for the bills.. And for dean the jaguars havent had a blacked out game in over two years.. Also, the owner for the jaguars is already in place and thats the man who basically brought them to jacksonville Paul Tagliabue.. DONT GET ME WRONG JACKSONVILLE HAS A BIGGER FOLLOWING IN FOOTBALL THEN BUFFALO..BUT ITS STRICTLY COLLEGE FOTBALL PERTAINING TO THE GATORS,SEMINOLES,BULLDOGS AND HURRICANNES

It is easy to sell out when you tarp over half of the stadium. :devil: If the NFL allowed LA to lose TWO teams why do you think they will not allow the Jags to move? Their Large following or their rich history?

It is easy to sell out when you tarp over half of the stadium. :devil: If the NFL allowed LA to lose TWO teams why do you think they will not allow the Jags to move? Their Large following or their rich history?

So now it comes down to this for the JAX crowd:

"Jags will never move from jacksonville.... The local goverment and the NFL will not allow jacksonville to move"

Why the double standard and preferential treatment?

Ya! What's up with tarping over the seats? Can other teams do that? BFLO could benefit from this during the winter months... And a heated tarp keeps the snow off while cutting down on snow removal costs. :unsure::thumbsup:

Floridans are not known for common sense, school system or their strong support of professional football. People move to Florida to have their brains baked out to senility.

100% true

Over two years. That would include the 2007 season, correct?

9/13/2007: Jaguars game blacked out in Jacksonville, Savannah, elsewhere

10/11/2007: Sunday’s game blacked out

11/23/2007: Jaguars game blacked out

And I hate to tell you this, but unlike Owens, Tebow won't be available as a free agent.

(edit: clarified last line)

And I hate to tell you this, but unlike Owens, Tebow won't come into the league as a free agent.

And that is when they were headed to a playoff run (2007)!

:devil:

I'm missing something here. They need to sell 50k seats to lift a blackout. They've sold ~35k seats. It's mid-May. Just how difficult will it be to sell 15k seats/game? Is it because of Connolly's multiple concussions?

I'm confused.

I'm missing something here. They need to sell 50k seats to lift a blackout. They've sold ~35k seats. It's mid-May. Just how difficult will it be to sell 15k seats/game? Is it because of Connolly's multiple concussions?

I'm confused.

:unsure:

Ya! And I am going to JAX for that game in Nov. I sure like helping them out.

Floridans are not known for common sense, school system or their strong support of professional football. People move to Florida to have their brains baked out to senility.

The indians are the only real floridians, everyone else is from somewhere else.

I'm confused.

Their single-game sales suck. The only reason they didn't black out any games last year (although two or three games came close) was the appearance of both Pittsburgh and Green Bay on the schedule. Fans from those teams bought seasons to get their game, then tried to dump the rest.

I lived in Jax from 96-07. Even when they're playing at home in the playoffs, I could walk right up to the ticket office on game day and buy a ticket. I attended a couple Monday Nighters there, buying 50 yard line tickets at the gate. Local papers, radio and TV stations always push the Jags but the fandom on the street simply isn't there. No, I don't have statistics and don't think there's any to be had. Born and raised in WNY, I consider myself an authority on NFL hometown fandom and Jax doesn't measure up. Simple as that. A major component of the area populus is aligned with the Navy base -mostly outsiders- and I too believe 6 out of 10 'residents' weren't born there.

There is virtually no fandom for the Jags in other markets either. I encourage folks from all areas of the nation to chime in with their view of Jag fans at sports bars on Sundays. I'd be surprized if even one Jax fan is present at the TV showing the Jag game.

Relocating that franchise wouldn't bother anybody. They'd quickly become a footnote, IMO.

I knew you were delusional, but the capitalized part pretty much makes you certifiable. The Jags don't even have a following in their own city. To make the claim that they have a bigger following than the Bills is sheer lunacy. And the city will be powerless to stop the team from moving, just like every other city (who actually supported their team) couldn't stop their team from moving. But the difference is that a new team won't be arriving at a later date.

And I hate to tell you this, but unlike Owens, Tebow won't be available as a free agent.

(edit: clarified last line)

Good work, Lori. I was pretty sure they blacked out a game or two, last year. I guess it just seemed that way, as the discussion of a blackout occurs nearly every Wednesday, in the area.

Jax fans are the worst in the NFL, and our troll fake-Bills fan demonstrates that nicely.

Really?? Post supporting stats, pics, links ...... or GTFO :devil::unsure:

I'm with you on this cursed. I'm here in Orlando and apples to apples, I would take this over Buffalo anyday. Not to say I don't miss back home, this is just a different lifestyle. I'm not saying Orlando is any better, it's just different. If I could afford to commute back for every Bills game, I would but it's only going to be 2 this year. Other than the Bills, Sabres, Canadian Beer, some freinds and a wider variety of local food, there really isn't anything enticing about Buffalo except it's where I was born and raised.