A key to the city?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah come on Buffalo act like you've been there before.

I actually felt that way after the Raiders game last year when we got to 3-0. The place was freaking out and screaming at Raiders fans like we had just won the Superbowl.

"Hand the ball to the ref, Bills fan! Act like you've done this before!"

While the key is over the top, I'm fine with Owens getting the media attention. Frankly, with a pretty young team we should be thrilled the media is focusing their attention here instead of asking Marshawn about his legal and league problems, Trent about his confidence and relationship with the coaches etc..

this is definitely going over the top..

but does it really affect the team in any way, negative or positive? i don't see how handing him the keys to the city changes how he plays on the field, which is what we are really concerned about

While the key is over the top, I'm fine with Owens getting the media attention. Frankly, with a pretty young team we should be thrilled the media is focusing their attention here instead of asking Marshawn about his legal and league problems, Trent about his confidence and relationship with the coaches etc..

... or his bizarre fascination with Dakota Fanning.

Here's video for when he arrived:

http://www.wgrz.com/video/default.aspx?mid...0c38d56050935d5

Dear God...this next year is going to be crazy.

"Pure utter euphoria" and "the best feeling he's had in his entire life"...that last guy needs to get a life!

I see the point in marketing the city, but what are we marketing? The Bills, hero worship, T.O., what??? The Mayor really doesn't have much to push, so I guess he's doing the best he can when the opportunity presents itself. It'll sell jerseys and bump up the interest in the team. It's a morale boost, but it'll help if it actually boosts their performance on the field. Nothing boosts morale like winning.

VH1 cameras running, sportscenter etc.

I can understand the politicians, they're whores.

What boggles my mind is the fact that joe publix feels it is so important to get on TV. "Did you see me? Yeah, I was the douchebag dressed up as a popcorn box!!! Yeah!!! Wow!!!"

Same goes for the asshats who sit behind the backstop at baseball games talkng on their cell phones. "Yeah, I'm right behind home plate." "Yeah, 10 rows up man!!!" "Hang on, let me wave to you!!!" "Well, the camera does add 25 pounds."

Guest dog14787

TO has been the best WR in the National Football League over the last decade, possibly the best WR that ever played the game and folks should be excited. We will enter into the new season with one of the best groups of WR's in the league. One of the best groups of RB's in the league and a QB that will know what to do with them.

Win baby, just win :w00t:

Guest dog14787
TO has been the best WR in the National Football League over the last decade, possibly the best WR that ever played the game and folks should be excited. We will enter into the new season with one of the best groups of WR's in the league. One of the best groups of RB's in the league and a QB that will know what to do with them.

Win baby, just win :w00t:

TO wants to change the way he is perceived by the public, he wants to change the way people will remember him years after he is gone. Its up to all of us to help him achieve his goals because TO can help us achieve ours. Allot hinges on how well TO performs here in Buffalo, for TO and the Buffalo Bills. We the fans, his fellow teammates and the whole Bills organization need to embrace him like a brother and prove to the whole Football Nation Terrell Owens and the Buffalo Bills are united in their efforts to succeed in bringing home a championship to the City of Buffalo.

So from one big family of Bills fans scattered across NY and PA to you TO,we welcome you with open arms my brother :thumbsup:

Are you kidding? Come on Buffalo, just treat him like any other player on this team. I don't live in Buffalo, so I don't know who the last athlete was that got a key to the city. Is it just me, or is this overblown by the Mayor, giving T.O. a key to the city? To me, it's a joke. I think it should have stopped at a press conference.

http://www.wgrz.com/sports/story.aspx?storyid=66878

i thought it was a little much as well....could be a PR move, maybe they are just trying to get the fans as fired up as possible

We have - see Bledsoe, Drew and the insanity with his arrival (parade, pep rally, sacrificing of virgins...the usual)

Yeah. Don't tell T.O. about the marching band they had playing Bledsoe's college fight song, or he'll feel dissed.

Here's video for when he arrived:

http://www.wgrz.com/video/default.aspx?mid...0c38d56050935d5

Dear God...this next year is going to be crazy.

I can't help but think this is gonna be great for the Bills. Screaming fans will energize TO because he feeds off it.

Forget about the key to the city, and start thinking touchdown!