Who said that?

I found some these to be pretty interesting. There are 20 quotes, give your answers listed 1-20. I'll post the answers tomorrow but test yourself on how many you can get right without looking them up. Enjoy.

1.) "If my mother put on a helmet and shoulder pads and a uniform that wasn't the same as the one I was wearing, I'd run over her if she was in my way. And I love my mother."

2.) "The spirit, the will to win, and the will to excel are the things that endure. These qualities are so much more important than the events that occur."

3.) "Football is like life, it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority."

4.) "Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare. They are consumed in 12 minutes. Half-times take 12 minutes. This is not coincidence."

5.) "I want to rush for 1,000 or 1,500 yards, whichever comes first."

6.) "The road to Easy Street goes through the sewer."

7.) "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog."

8.) "I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid."

9.) "In Montana, they renamed a town after an all-time great, Joe Montana. Well, a town in Massachusetts changed their name to honor my guy Terry Bradshaw--Marblehead."

10.) "I've been big ever since I was little."

11.) "Hey, Warren, the Raiders signed you to a seven-year deal. I guess Bill Callahan was right --- they are the dumbest team in America."

12.) "I didn't quit football because I failed a drug test, I failed a test because I was ready to quite football."

13.) "I'm a firm believer that all sports will eventually be global. Someday, we may have a quarterback from China named Yao Fling."

14.) "I like to believe that my best hits border on felonious assault."

15.) "If you're mad at your kid, you can either raise him to be a nose tackle or send him out to play on the freeway. It's about the same."

16.) "Football is an incredible game. Sometimes it's so incredible, it's unbelievable."

17.) "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."

18.) "I feel like I'm the best, but you're not going to get me to say that. "

19.) "I wouldn't ever set out to hurt anyone deliberately unless it was, you know, important -like a league game or something."

20.) "We can't run. We can't pass. We can't stop the run. We can't stop the pass. We can't kick. Other than that, we're just not a very good football team right now."

Guesses

2: Lombardi

3: Lombardi

4: John Madden

8: Ditka

10: The Fridge Perry

11: Micheal Irvin

12: Ricky Williams

14: Ray Lewis

16: Madden

17: I'm going with Madden on this one as well. is it bad that anything stupid I automatically think Madden?

18: Chad Johnson

14. Jack Tatum. I remember that quote mentioned in an old NFL Films piece.

I'd like to know who uttered 20. The guy that said that should not still be coaching. It can't be too recent, like Mora's "playoffs?!", because it's far worse than that, and so we'd have heard about it ad infinitum. This one is far funnier than Mora's outburst...

Hey wait: Google.

1. He was a LB that left as a plan B free agent years ago I think. His mother actually played LB on a womens team but I can't recall his name. This doesn't surprise me though as sometime I can't recall my own.

2. I think Marv

4. John Madden

12. "Don't bogart that Joint" Ricky Williams

20. has got to be Jim Mora Sr.

1. He was a LB that left as a plan B free agent years ago I think. His mother actually played LB on a womens team but I can't recall his name. This doesn't surprise me though as sometime I can't recall my own.

2. I think Marv

4. John Madden

12. "Don't bogart that Joint" Ricky Williams

20. has got to be Jim Mora Sr.

I believe you are referring to Marvcus Patton.

I found some these to be pretty interesting. There are 20 quotes, give your answers listed 1-20. I'll post the answers tomorrow but test yourself on how many you can get right without looking them up. Enjoy.

1.) "If my mother put on a helmet and shoulder pads and a uniform that wasn't the same as the one I was wearing, I'd run over her if she was in my way. And I love my mother."

2.) "The spirit, the will to win, and the will to excel are the things that endure. These qualities are so much more important than the events that occur."

3.) "Football is like life, it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority."

4.) "Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare. They are consumed in 12 minutes. Half-times take 12 minutes. This is not coincidence."

5.) "I want to rush for 1,000 or 1,500 yards, whichever comes first."

6.) "The road to Easy Street goes through the sewer."

7.) "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog."

8.) "I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid."

9.) "In Montana, they renamed a town after an all-time great, Joe Montana. Well, a town in Massachusetts changed their name to honor my guy Terry Bradshaw--Marblehead."

10.) "I've been big ever since I was little."

11.) "Hey, Warren, the Raiders signed you to a seven-year deal. I guess Bill Callahan was right --- they are the dumbest team in America."

12.) "I didn't quit football because I failed a drug test, I failed a test because I was ready to quite football."

13.) "I'm a firm believer that all sports will eventually be global. Someday, we may have a quarterback from China named Yao Fling."

14.) "I like to believe that my best hits border on felonious assault."

15.) "If you're mad at your kid, you can either raise him to be a nose tackle or send him out to play on the freeway. It's about the same."

16.) "Football is an incredible game. Sometimes it's so incredible, it's unbelievable."

17.) "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."

18.) "I feel like I'm the best, but you're not going to get me to say that. "

19.) "I wouldn't ever set out to hurt anyone deliberately unless it was, you know, important -like a league game or something."

20.) "We can't run. We can't pass. We can't stop the run. We can't stop the pass. We can't kick. Other than that, we're just not a very good football team right now."

Well, it doesn't look like this thread was too popular so with no further adieu here are the answers.

1. Bo Jackson

2. Vince Lombardi

3. Vince Lombardi

4. Erma Bombeck

5. RB George Rogers

6. John Madden

7. Archie Griffin

8. Terry Bradshaw

9. Howie Long

10. William "The Refridgerator" Perry

11. Tom Arnold

12. Rickey Williams