Action Fred Jackson

Pat7s

So people keep calling Fred Jackson "Fast Freddy." We already had a fast freddy. Of course he wasn't nearly as good as Jackson, and his name wasn't Fred, but recycling nicknames is stupid.

Fred Jackson's nickname, thus, should be "Action" Fred Jackson. Yes, I'm totally arguing meaningless nicknames. Seriously though, we can't re-use a nickname on the same team. I'm positive it has happned throughout the league with players on different teams, but re-using one on the same team? Uber lame.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So people keep calling Fred Jackson "Fast Freddy." We already had a fast freddy. Of course he wasn't nearly as good as Jackson, and his name wasn't Fred, but recycling nicknames is stupid.

Fred Jackson's nickname, thus, should be "Action" Fred Jackson. Yes, I'm totally arguing meaningless nicknames. Seriously though, we can't re-use a nickname on the same team. I'm positive it has happned throughout the league with players on different teams, but re-using one on the same team? Uber lame.

I remember Fast Freddy. He did have one incredible play as a Bill (Punt return I believe).

However, Fred Jackson's nickname since being with the Bills is "Head" as anointed him by Marshawn "The Beast" Lynch. If you ask me...its perfect... :devil:

Guest dog14787

I like action Jackson :devil:

I'm not sure why someone would come up with head Jackson, it doesn't even sound good.

head Jackson for what? what does it represent? because Marshawn is the one with an inflated head so maybe he should just keep the nickname himself. :w00t:

I like action Jackson :devil:

I'm not sure why someone would come up with head Jackson, it doesn't even sound good.

head Jackson for what? what does it represent? because Marshawn is the one with an inflated head so maybe he should just keep the nickname himself. :w00t:

And on what would you base Marshawn having a big head? Without an example you are just spewing meaningless words. I see no reason why you would say Marshawn has an ego that is any more inflated than the majority of NFL players. I think Marshawn coined the nickname Head because look at Fred he isnt the biggest or fastest guy out there but he gets the job done. IMO and it would appear in Marshawns Fred has above average football smarts. I for one would agree with that statement.

Jack the Lad

Guest dog14787
And on what would you base Marshawn having a big head? Without an example you are just spewing meaningless words. I see no reason why you would say Marshawn has an ego that is any more inflated than the majority of NFL players. I think Marshawn coined the nickname Head because look at Fred he isnt the biggest or fastest guy out there but he gets the job done. IMO and it would appear in Marshawns Fred has above average football smarts. I for one would agree with that statement.

Marshawn Lynch thinks he's beyond the law and when he breaks the law and gets caught and punished, its because he has a target on his back. Now his dumbass behavior has cost our team his services at the start of the so season so your damn right I think he has a big head.

You can speculate all you want about what he meant, its still a lousy nickname and Fred Jackson doesn't deserve it.

Marshawn Lynch thinks he's beyond the law and when he breaks the law and gets caught and punished, its because he has a target on his back. Now his dumbass behavior has cost our team his services at the start of the so season so your damn right I think he has a big head.

You can speculate all you want about what he meant, its still a lousy nickname and Fred Jackson doesn't deserve it.

I thought I read that Lynch called Jackson, Head, because Jackson had a big head. Literally. In other words, his helmet was bigger than Lynch's. Not that Jackson or Lynch thought he was all cocky and full of himself.

Nor has there been any interview by Lynch or any of his teammates to ever suggest that Lynch thinks he's above the law or that he has a cocky attitude.

Of course Marshawn has a target on his back all famous people do for various reasons and with various results. Thats the price of fame and fortune. You are correct I speculate what Marshawn meant just as it is your opinion that "Head" is a lousy nickname neither of our points are fact they are opinion. I just think if Fred doesnt have a problem with the nickname why should anyone else?

Marshawn is young and has made some mistakes true but has anything he has done really been that horrible? Do you not hope he gets his head screwed on right? I do, I believe that if he figures out how to make adult rather than idiotic childish decisions he will be a top back in the league.

As Bills fans we should all hope for this. I love Fred he is smart and plays his donkey off, many here believe he is a better back than Marshawn. Reality is in my opinion Marshawn has the skill set to be a top running back in the NFL, Fred doesnt. While this is my opinion I promise you every NFL front office would agree with it.

My opinion on Action Jackson as a nickname cliche and quite cheese filled.

Guest dog14787
Of course Marshawn has a target on his back all famous people do for various reasons and with various results. Thats the price of fame and fortune. You are correct I speculate what Marshawn meant just as it is your opinion that "Head" is a lousy nickname neither of our points are fact they are opinion. I just think if Fred doesnt have a problem with the nickname why should anyone else?

Marshawn is young and has made some mistakes true but has anything he has done really been that horrible? Do you not hope he gets his head screwed on right? I do, I believe that if he figures out how to make adult rather than idiotic childish decisions he will be a top back in the league.

As Bills fans we should all hope for this. I love Fred he is smart and plays his donkey off, many here believe he is a better back than Marshawn. Reality is in my opinion Marshawn has the skill set to be a top running back in the NFL, Fred doesnt. While this is my opinion I promise you every NFL front office would agree with it.

My opinion on Action Jackson as a nickname cliche and quite cheese filled.

Action Jackson surely wouldn't be something Fred's teammates would call him. :devil:

What's become of your posting, lately? You sipping from the Skooby fountain?

Jackson's nickname will be whatever his teammates, or friends/family, call him. It won't be what a bunch of Internet forum clowns decide what is cool. Now, you can call him whatever you like, I suppose. But "let's give this guy a nickname" efforts rarely pan out.

Your attack on Marshawn was pointless and ill informed, BTW.

Guest dog14787
Exactly. It probably wouldn't be.

I knew you would be popping up on this topic Dean

Did you happen to notice action Jackson or fast Freddie is used more frequently than anything else on this board much to your dismay?

You have no idea what Fred Jackson himself prefers being called and I highly I doubt its head. The only reason it even gets brought up is because you keep reminding folks.

Hasn't stuck yet , but you can keep trying :devil:

Guest dog14787
What's become of your posting, lately? You sipping from the Skooby fountain?

Jackson's nickname will be whatever his teammates, or friends/family, call him. It won't be what a bunch of Internet forum clowns decide what is cool. Now, you can call him whatever you like, I suppose. But "let's give this guy a nickname" efforts rarely pan out.

Your attack on Marshawn was pointless and ill informed, BTW.

We all sip from the SKOOBY fountain, it can't be helped.

My attack on Marshawn being big headed was in response to a poster who said I was just spewing words, so I spewed more words. I do that allot in case your just now noticing :devil:

I knew you would be popping up on this topic Dean

Did you happen to notice action Jackson or fast Freddie is used more frequently than anything else on this board much to your dismay?

You have no idea what Fred Jackson himself prefers being called and I highly I doubt its head. The only reason it even gets brought up is because you keep reminding folks.

Hasn't stuck yet , but you can keep trying :devil:

Yes, Fast Freddie (most certainly not his nickname) and Action Jackson are used by some of the moron posters on a message board. Who cares? My point is, that's not his real nickname...one that he goes by, or that friends/teammates call him, as far as any of us knows. If posters on the board called him Fred Dippity-Do Flintstone Jackson McGillicutty, would you be defending that too?

I didn't bring up "Head" in this thread, and have done so maybe once, or twice, in the past. But Head is the only nickname we KNOW other players/friends/family use for him.

But, do you really think Fred objects to "Head"? Many players have, and embrace, nicknames that might seem objectionable to a casual observer. It is usually because they are dubbed with those names by friends, and they are said with affection. If you don't like "Head" (even though it has been given to him by friend and teammate, Marshawn Lynch), I recommend calling him "Fred Jackson".