Just what the country needs

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out, no doubt.  It's rediculous that machines used for such an important purpose were seemingly not thoroughly tested before being put into a real-life situation.  It will be a big deal if this happend in many machines, but you're right, we'll have to wait and see.

104060[/snapback]

Yeah...because bugs never occur in the rollout of a new system. :P

The fault isn't the machines, or the developers. The fault is a society that looks for the quick fix via applying technology to problems that are fundamentally not technological.

Yeah...because bugs never occur in the rollout of a new system.  :P

The fault isn't the machines, or the developers.  The fault is a society that looks for the quick fix via applying technology to problems that are fundamentally not technological.

104130[/snapback]

Yep. But I'm sure we'll find a way to chalk it up to the vast "Right Wing Conspiracy".

We can't use punch cards because the adult populace is too stupid to figure them out. Of course, NYC 4th graders didn't have a problem...

You've posted nearly 100 times without one reference to "mission accomplished", "flight suit", or "nose pick".  That alone eliminated any possibility.

104140[/snapback]

Hell, he posted. That eliminated any possibility. :P

Honestly, last night I checked his IP, and was surprised to find out it wasn't from Tennessee...

I appreciate the compliment. B)

104138[/snapback]

I'm happy to see someone else who doesn't give a stevestojan about post counts. I've changed my handle a few times. Me and Thirdborn did a joint post at our thousandth, to make a point to the other folks here about the true spirit of things. Sadly, a lot of those folks have changed and been replaced by morons. Might as well try to discuss things on Billzone others board.

Seriously, and some of you older timers from both sides I think you would agree. We've had some good talks here. hot and heavy sometimes, but good talks. I miss those days. I've picked up a lot of insight here. Not anymore. Tom did what he could, but because of the election this got drug into the mud.

There's some posters here well worth listening to, from all sides. We used to bust each others nuts, but it was in the form of actual, sometimes intelligent debate.

Now, we have BF, stevestojan and Ice.

Another semi-institution by the wayside. Can anyone recommend a place for grownups to play?

Hell, he posted.  That eliminated any possibility.  :P

Honestly, last night I checked his IP, and was surprised to find out it wasn't from Tennessee...

104142[/snapback]

Wow, look at all the run I'm getting! You're now at least the 3rd person who wanted to know who I was in my previous life (and the second to find out without asking). The funny thing is that I cared nearly nothing about politics before this year, but you guys have made my blood boil enough times to get me hooked. Thanks, I think.

I'm outta here, GO BILLS!

Wow, look at all the run I'm getting!  You're now at least the 3rd person who wanted to know who I was in my previous life (and the second to find out without asking).  The funny thing is that I cared nearly nothing about politics before this year, but you guys have made my blood boil enough times to get me hooked.  Thanks, I think.

I'm outta here, GO BILLS!

104149[/snapback]

Part of our little adventure over your OBGYN post last night was me looking up your IP to make sure you weren't one of The Usual Suspects. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have cared over-much...

Yeah...because bugs never occur in the rollout of a new system.  :P

The fault isn't the machines, or the developers.  The fault is a society that looks for the quick fix via applying technology to problems that are fundamentally not technological.

104130[/snapback]

It's part and parcel of a society that demands nothing less than instant gratification. For example WHY is it so important to have election results the same day? Certainly in 1800 it took more than a day to obtain, tally and report the results.

I wonder why we don't just hold our elections over a two-day period, like a Friday-Saturday or Sunday-Monday, to keep the lines down and allow more time to count the provisional / absentee ballots as well. As near I can recall in 2000 people freaked out until 12/13 because of fear of the unknown. Well it's not unknown any more, we survived then and we could do it again. It seems like if it took a couple of days to get it right it would be worth it.

It's part and parcel of a society that demands nothing less than instant gratification.  For example WHY is it so important to have election results the same day?  Certainly in 1800 it took more than a day to obtain, tally and report the results. 

I wonder why we don't just hold our elections over a two-day period, like a Friday-Saturday or Sunday-Monday, to keep the lines down and allow more time to count the provisional / absentee ballots as well.  As near I can recall in 2000 people freaked out until 12/13 because of fear of the unknown.  Well it's not unknown any more, we survived then and we could do it again.  It seems like if it took a couple of days to get it right it would be worth it.

104166[/snapback]

God forgive me Debbie, but that makes a lot of sense in a lot of ways. But this is America, if you had a one week voting period how many would be there on the last day complaining? Ever go to DMV on the 30th?

God forgive me Debbie, but that makes a lot of sense in a lot of ways. But this is America, if you had a one week voting period how many would be there on the last day complaining? Ever go to DMV on the 30th?

104173[/snapback]

Expanded voting windows increase the temptation of irregularities. The Illinois Democratic Party is already famous for getting multiple votes from the same voter, whether they be alive or dead. Addiitonal days will prove to invite far more in the way of cheating, and in some states like CA this year, where you merely give your name when you show up to vote with no identification of any kind required, thousands of cases of multiple voting will likely be discovered if an investigation is performed. I wouldn't wait though for the Los Angeles Times to undertake it.

In States like Ohio wehre Dems were trading crack cocaine for registrations it's safe to assume the same is true.

104173[/snapback]

No, that's why God invented the USPS!!!!!!! :P

http://www.marryanamerican.ca/ Here ya go Blzrul...A site just for you.

I wonder why we don't just hold our elections over a two-day period, like a Friday-Saturday or Sunday-Monday, to keep the lines down and allow more time to count the provisional / absentee ballots as well. As near I can recall in 2000 people freaked out until 12/13 because of fear of the unknown. Well it's not unknown any more, we survived then and we could do it again. It seems like if it took a couple of days to get it right it would be worth it.

See ya. :P