Tinoisamoa Article

Already posted this morning in one of the other 50 Pisa Tinoisamoa threads.

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=89174

I feel like this guy just makes up intersting statistics that don't really say anything.

I wonder who his top performing LBs are? If they're a bunch of stiffs it kind of defeats the purpose of these complex stats

The guy racked up some tackles on a garbage defense. Who Cares? He's not quick, undersized and St. Louis frickin cut the guy. THey need all the defensive help they can get, and they had no use for him. All this guy will do is take up $$ that should be spent rebuilding the OL and DL

In my opinion, a better move would be to sign D Brooks for less $$, and have some of the younger LBs learn from him.

The guy racked up some tackles on a garbage defense. Who Cares? He's not quick, undersized and St. Louis frickin cut the guy. THey need all the defensive help they can get, and they had no use for him. All this guy will do is take up $$ that should be spent rebuilding the OL and DL

In my opinion, a better move would be to sign D Brooks for less $$, and have some of the younger LBs learn from him.

you're so smart

I'm so glad I read this article. It absolutely proves my point of how stupid all of these "metric" personal stats are. We can start with this one statement towards the beginning: "...Ellison is a career backup, and Tinoisamoa led St. Louis defenders in tackles last year." Gee, that sounds like signing Tinoisamoa to replace Ellison would be an upgrade to me.

But then the "over-statistical jerk" , as Marv Levy might refer to him, compared his Point of Attack (POA) blocks, yards per attempt allowed and gap fills for both players, and it seems that Tinoisamoa might not be that much better the Ellison after all. Gap fills?? :thumbdown:

Here's the only stats that matter to me, although I have to admit I am not a statistics major:

Tinoisamoa, '08: 104 Tackles, 3.0 Sacks, 2 Forced Fumbles.

Ellison, '08: 73 Tackles, 0.0 Sacks 0 Forced Fumbles.

So, yes KC Joyner, signing Tinoisamoa and starting him in place of Ellison really is an upgrade. :thumbdown:

I'm so glad I read this article. It absolutely proves my point of how stupid all of these "metric" personal stats are. We can start with this one statement towards the beginning: "...Ellison is a career backup, and Tinoisamoa led St. Louis defenders in tackles last year." Gee, that sounds like signing Tinoisamoa to replace Ellison would be an upgrade to me.

But then the "over-statistical jerk" , as Marv Levy might refer to him, compared his Point of Attack (POA) blocks, yards per attempt allowed and gap fills for both players, and it seems that Tinoisamoa might not be that much better the Ellison after all. Gap fills?? <_<

Here's the only stats that matter to me, although I have to admit I am not a statistics major:

So, yes KC Joyner, signing Tinoisamoa and starting him in place of Ellison really is an upgrade. :lol:

Ellison made 73 tackles?? That is about 70 more than I remember seeing him make last year.

It doesn't look like Brooks is at all sure that he even wants to play anymore. I love him too, but there's a very good chance he will not be available, or if he is, it will be on his timetable. We can't wait with Tinoisamoa available. If Brooks won't commit, we have to go with Pisa.

I'd love Brooks also. There's not enough high-quality leadership on this team right now. Brooks would provide that, and lots of it.

But then the "over-statistical jerk" , as Marv Levy might refer to him, compared his Point of Attack (POA) blocks, yards per attempt allowed and gap fills for both players, and it seems that Tinoisamoa might not be that much better the Ellison after all. Gap fills?? <_<

So, yes KC Joyner, signing Tinoisamoa and starting him in place of Ellison really is an upgrade. :lol:

So if the stats agree with your personal opinions about the player, you like them, and if they don't, you don't think they matter. Got it.

It's not just you that feels this way, obviously. But IMHO, ignoring stats because you don't like what they say is imprecise thinking.

Explaining why the stat shows these things is another thing entirely.

I am not usually on the boat when it comes to signing someone I have heard off or signing somebody who plays a position we need who was just cut by a team. But this is the rare exception as I think he is without a doubt a better version of ellison.

So, have you seen Pisa play?

I didn't think so......

<_<

D. Brooks is 36....how many good 36 year old LBers do you know of?

This coming from the same person who bags on TO for being "old".....

please just GTFO.......

I feel like this guy just makes up intersting statistics that don't really say anything.

I wonder who his top performing LBs are? If they're a bunch of stiffs it kind of defeats the purpose of these complex stats

Yeah, one thing I don't like about Joyner is that he doesn't post links so that you can see the whole league's rankings in the stats that he talks about, or how he arrives at those stats. He makes you search for it yourself.

So, have you seen Pisa play?

I didn't think so......

<_<

D. Brooks is 36....how many good 36 year old LBers do you know of?

A lot more than one.

The Pats* alone have Seau and Bruschi. Do you think that might tell us something, that such a successful franchise doesn't mind an older LB or two if they have character, football intelligence and can still play? Like, say, Brooks.

Both of them are good players. Smash your head against the wall all you like, it's true.