Tinoisamoa and Buffalo Talking Contract

Free agent linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa visited with the Buffalo Bills on Thursday, and according to sources familiar with the visit, the Bills brass was “very impressed” with Tinoisamoa and the feeling was mutual. The two sides are now trying to work on a contract before Tinoisamoa leaves town, and contemplates his second visit.

http://www.profootballcentral.com/

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Free agent linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa visited with the Buffalo Bills on Thursday, and according to sources familiar with the visit, the Bills brass was “very impressed” with Tinoisamoa and the feeling was mutual. The two sides are now trying to work on a contract before Tinoisamoa leaves town, and contemplates his second visit.

I hope this is true

If it's true, good. We could use him, he's a proven tackler who's still got plenty left in the tank. We can't go into the season with Ellison at OLB.

This is the same site that claimed we were interested in John Henderson. I've not seen a thing of substance on that site, they just use their amazing "common sense" powers.

Do you have evidence the Bills were NOT interested in John Henderson? I'm pretty sure they had some real interest. I think Tim G even stated as much.

With that said, this claim is a little more specific than that.

Do you have evidence the Bills were NOT interested in John Henderson? I'm pretty sure they had some real interest. I think Tim G even stated as much.

With that said, this claim is a little more specific than that.

Do you have any evidence that John Henderson was on the market?

Besides the Profootballcentral piece it was never substantiated by any reliable or semi-reliable source that he was even available.

Besides the Profootballcentral piece it was never substantiated by any reliable or semi-reliable source that he was even available.

Plenty of talk about it, down here. He never was traded, but the radio was abuzz with the possibility, and the Bills were mentioned. But, that really isn't the point, is it? I thought you were saying the report was false. I think the responsibility is on you to prove that the Bills had no interest.

Plenty of talk about it, down here. He never was traded, but the radio was abuzz with the possibility, and the Bills were mentioned. But, that really isn't the point, is it? I thought you were saying the report was false. I think the responsibility is on you to prove that the Bills had no interest.

Who are you responding too?

I posted:

Where is the evidence? Radio buzz? Thats what you come back with?

Please link to ESPN, CNNSI, Sporting News, National Football Post, Fox Sports, Yahoo , CBS Sportsline or NFL.com- where an actual reputable or semi-reputable reporter picked up on Henderson being on the market. Surely one of these outlets would have verified that a Pro Bowl player was on the market don't you think?

Who are you responding too?

:worthy:

I thought you posted the original post to which I responded. My bad.

I have no evidence that Henderson was definitely on the market. Did the PFT piece suggest he was actively being offered for trade? I thought it suggested the Bills were interested, and that Henderson might be expendable.

PFT is a rumor rag, but it has become better at separating rumor from actual occurrences. And, to me this means a lot, it has become better at qualifying rumors. There is a difference between "according to some Internet forums" and "sources familiar with the visit", for example.

I'm not suggesting that if PFT says it, it must be true...not by a long shot. But, I don't know of any recent incidents where PFT has made a claim like this, and it has been shown to have no merit. During FA, they published some false information, but it was attributed, and for the most part, the attributions were correct. There was one claim that was a result of a confused interpretation from an attribution, and they corrected that shortly thereafter.

I have no trouble believing that there is mutual interest and the two sides are now discussing terms. And I have no reason to believe that PFT is making it up when they say their info is from "sources familiar with the visit"...but, that really doesn't say much, does it?