Scouts Inc: Buffalo's Weakness

And that's fine. The WCO is noted for throwing the shorter routes and letting a receiver make it a big gain. Thing is, Buffalo will be in their share of 3rd and long situations where throwing the short route won't work. I've got a feeling DB's will press TO at the line to prevent him from working those routes. And when that happens, the short routes won't be as valuable.

I frankly don't trust Schonert to be that OC who can use the weapons at hand. He couldn't solve the 3-4 after several attempts and after 10+ years as a QB coach.

Life will be difficult for Trent if he's forced to take more than 3 step drops. Walker's ability to pass protect on the left will force Buffalo to use a TE over there. And Butler's going to need help as well. I think there'll be plenty of 2 TE sets, no matter what they say is going to be run.

I think my point was missed. I'm happy to toss a couple of hitchs for a few yards - if that. What I want to accomplish is to have the DEs, OLBs and whoever else keeping an eye on the sidelines just in case. That gives my tackles an edge for what I really aim to do. If I can convince a defense that I am working the short sidelines seriously, I will murder it.

1. The Peters 11.5 sacks against is bull- propaganda just like WMD, it's out there and it ain't going away, but it isn't true

2. Peters is a top 5 LT - he had what is for him a bad year- but he will dominate with Philly- so many on this board talk crap like an a$$ hurt chick who's been dumped

3. It's all water under the bridge now

4. Got to see Bell in training camp and he has good qualities for a LT- he's been by all reports a hard worker in the weight room and expect Bell to start the season around 320- I think he's going to be our starting LT and not be a liability

5. Rookie guards have a history of playing at a pretty good level unlike some other positions

6. I expect our starters to be Bell, Wood, Hangartner, Levitre, Walker with Butler and Chambers the dressed back-ups

if Bell is good enough to start. Butler will not be on the bench.

Bills will look to trade Walker and move his salary and may cut him outright just to save the money.

In my opinion it doesn't matter how much individual talent you have on the O-line, if they don't play as a cohesive unit its all for not.

People are going to be surprised at how different and effective our offense will be with a good TE in Shawn Nelson and the addition of TO in the WR position. No way you are going to play all up in the face of this offense, if you do Buffalo will eat you alive with multiple deep threats.

We have three weapons now that require extra attention, Nelson, TO and Evans, then you have the running back trio from hell and all three backs know they belong on the football field.

Its going to be fun to watch folks :worthy:

all of your receivers can be deep threats - but if OL can not give the QB time, the receivers are just fast decoys.

Teams will test the rookies in the middle and will exploit Walker at LT.

Highly unlikely the bills will be able to exploit teams deep until this OL gains some experience (and a better LT)

maybe Bell won't embarrass himself

To be fair, who's tackles are worse?

Here's my list: Jacksonville, Oakland, KC, maybe Chicago.

hey if Mike Gandy can play Left Tackle and help take his team to the super bowl, anything is possible....

Correction: Buffalo may have the LEAST KNOWN Left Tackles in the NFL. These guys are not player personnel experts. They are basically groupies rating players based on the "have I heard of them?" factor. If Walker gives up fewer than 10 sacks it will be a step up from Peters.

PTR

The Bills have unknowns at the tackle position would be an accurate statement. It's certainly a question mark and at this stage of development you could say a weakness. The coin gets flipped for real in September and then we will see just what the Bills have and what they don't have.

Interestingly enough Levi Jones will not be healthy enough for anyone to sign for a while. They just might catch a break here. If some new guys are ready by the begining of August there is no need to sign him if not then they will have to make a move for someone.

Marshawn Lynch. Lee Evans. Fred Jackson. 2007 2nd team All-Pro LT. And Buffalo should not have been expected to do much offensively.

Yet Miami had nothing at WR, little at TE, and a weak-armed castoff at QB. Their RB's returned from a serious knee injury and from a year suspension. Not to mention, rookies at LT and OG And they won.

It's coaching. Having the right people at HC, OC, and DC can make average players into a good team. Bad coaches with average players can make a bad team. Buffalo fits into the latter category.

For the record, you're arguing that Dan Henning got more results with less than Turk Schonert did with the aforementioned players.

Precisely. And last year we did all that nothing with Peters at LT. So why, now, is it so certain that our offense will suck without him. As I see it, we sucked with him and we'll suck without him... if Trent can't become a real QB.

Look across the league and teams with very average LT's do better than the Bills on offense. Why? Because they have better QBs. I'm sorry, but the offense's success this season comes down to the play of Trent Edwards, not Jason Peters.

Worst-case scenario, the Bills move Walker back to RT, Butler back to RG, keep Hangartner and Wood at C and LG respectively, and start Bell, and give him a lot of help. That's hardly a horrible O-line.

Correction: Buffalo may have the LEAST KNOWN Left Tackles in the NFL. These guys are not player personnel experts. They are basically groupies rating players based on the "have I heard of them?" factor. If Walker gives up fewer than 10 sacks it will be a step up from Peters.

PTR

Well Walker would have to also be the same run blocker Peters. And as much as we ragged on peters he was a great run blocker more so as the season wore on. So even if Walker gives up 7-9 sacks he could be a step down from Peters.