I was there!

I remember leaving after the game from the tunnel side endzone and by the time I got to the parking lot, one of the uprights was coming over the visitor side upper deck. It was fandemonium!

Not for nothing...look at the heart that team had...a lot of memories came rushing back seeing that...The more I think about it, how long has it been since we saw passion anjd excitement from our team rather than seeing them sulking and hanging their heads on the sideline...

how depressing...

This was the biggest regular season game in Bills history - whoever won had home field throughout........Whoever lost was a wild card (and back then wild cards never made the Super Bowl)

This was the biggest regular season game in Bills history - whoever won had home field throughout........Whoever lost was a wild card (and back then wild cards never made the Super Bowl)

I disagree the 1980 season opener win over the Dolfins was the BEST and Biggest ever win by the Bills it ended the 0 for the 70's and got Buffalo Talking Proud

I disagree the 1980 season opener win over the Dolfins was the BEST and Biggest ever win by the Bills it ended the 0 for the 70's and got Buffalo Talking Proud

I believe you're right. I was at each of these games but the one in 80 was crazy. I was in the upperdeck on the Bills side and people were jumping up and down so much the concrete was flexing. I thought we might be headed for the lower bowl, so I headed down on my own. I saw Ralph with a sh*t eating grin, waving to fans as they hoisted a section of one of the posts as they passed his box. A truely memorable moment if there ever was one. I know the rivalry seems to be somewhat diminished but I have always said any year we go 2-0 against the fins is a good year. To reach the status of that team of the 90's again would be awsome, but even better to surpass it.

Besides the gap in talent of our "big name guys," it really seems to me that the big difference between the 2009 Bills and the 1990s Bills was the incredible depth. It wasn't like today, when you're basically counting on one of four or five guys to make a big play. That team had so many weapons on both sides of the ball - and so many guys you rarely heard of who made plays.

Plus, an offensive line that wasn't an EZ Pass.