Demetrius Bell

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be a better LT this year than Langston Walker. Walker is a kind of old, fat, overweight giant. He's going to embarrass himself trying to block on the left side. The right side, fine, he can block over there against the chris kelsay's of the world. But 95% of RE's should be able to beat him consistently. Even if Bell is weak, he is athletic enough to keep up with these guys, and you would think he is at least strong enough to push around the Freeney's, Schobel's, Maybin's, and Adalius Thomas's of the world. Being a LT is not about being 6'8 and having no agility, its about being athletic and quick and at least average strength(which Bell should've developed).

Even if Walker is the better football player per se, he will absolutely suck on the left side. And please don't point to the first few games last year. There will undoubtedly be at least 12 times Walker's guy simply runs around him, if he starts at LT.

you are absolutly clueless if you think there is any way in hell bell is ready to start anywhere on this team this year.

you also should be comitted to even mention starting him @ LT,just ridiculously clueless comments.

Not necessarily. It is in the best interest of the team if Bell can play LT this year, because the rest of the line is hinged upon that position. If Bell can hold his own at LT, that allows for our RT position to be sured up with Walker, our RG position sured up with Butler, and we get to keep that starting tandem in place in their same positions.

If Bell doesn't play LT, we are forced to hope Langston can play the left side, and we are forced to hope Butler can play tackle on the right side, and we're forced to hope the two rookies can play on the interior at a high level.

We all better be rooting for Bell this year, because it drastically effects the shake up of our line. I would even listen to the argument that having Bell on the left side even if he's a liability might actually be better than having both Walker, Butler, and the rookies not do well. That would be 1/5th of our line sucking as opposed to 4/5ths. Not saying I want to throw Bell into the fire, but it would definitely be a huge help to every individual position on the line if he can step in.

i dont know how you can worry about butler to RT. its his natural position and one he played his whole collage career @ and is more suited physically for.

i dont know how you can worry about butler to RT. its his natural position and one he played his whole collage career @ and is more suited physically for.

He played there in college, but there were serious concerns if had the mobility to remain at tackle in the pro's. He proved the critics right when he looked incredibly stiff and the Bills moved him into guard. I have concerns about both Butler at RT and Walker at LT.

The ONLY thing thats going to make this o line look good this year is if Edwards takes a 3 step drop and fires everytime. I bet thats the idea behind this no huddle attack that they plan to implement this year. Edwards has the smarts to get her done but if not the season could be over by week 3.

The ONLY thing thats going to make this o line look good this year is if Edwards takes a 3 step drop and fires everytime. I bet thats the idea behind this no huddle attack that they plan to implement this year. Edwards has the smarts to get her done but if not the season could be over by week 3.

Bell's 6'5" and a former college basketball player, so I'm guessing he can leap and catch a ball with one hand - if Edwards does take a 3-step and fires, or throws from the shotgun, might be fun to see Bell occasionally report as a tackle-eligible and give another receiving target.

The team was 3-0 with Walker starting at LT last year. The league stats show that he "gave up" 3 sacks ALL SEASON - primarily playing RT (12 games).

Moreover, the team was able to run LEFT with more consistency when Walker started on the left side.

Will he perform up to needed on the left die for a whole year? It remains to be seen, but posts would be much better if they started with the FACTS - rather than opinions.

Bell's 6'5" and a former college basketball player, so I'm guessing he can leap and catch a ball with one hand - if Edwards does take a 3-step and fires, or throws from the shotgun, might be fun to see Bell occasionally report as a tackle-eligible and give another receiving target.

I had that very thought the other day. Would add another wrinkle to the offense, even if they never use him as a receiver.

He played there in college, but there were serious concerns if had the mobility to remain at tackle in the pro's. He proved the critics right when he looked incredibly stiff and the Bills moved him into guard. I have concerns about both Butler at RT and Walker at LT.

I don't recall any reports of him being "stiff" as the reason they moved him to OG. I recall it was because Peters was at RT and Gandy was at LT, and they had a need at OG.

The team was 3-0 with Walker starting at LT last year. The league stats show that he "gave up" 3 sacks ALL SEASON - primarily playing RT (12 games).

Moreover, the team was able to run LEFT with more consistency when Walker started on the left side.

Will he perform up to needed on the left die for a whole year? It remains to be seen, but posts would be much better if they started with the FACTS - rather than opinions.

that's pretty impressive considering he only started one game there. he played RT against Denver and New England, Chambers played LT in those games.