Ralph is going to sell the team before his death, maybe by year end

SKOOBY

I had this passed to me through a BMW / Mercedes driving friend that said Ralph had a change since his beloved daughter had passed before him. Ralph no longer wants to burden his family with this huge future obligation and has realized through indirect professional tax pro's he is dropping the ball not planning this out ahead of time. He will still seek concessions on behalf of the new owners and make those concessions an important part of the deal for the team to go on in Buffalo. He plans on securing his legacy of what he has accomplished and may even make an announcement around his HOF time in Canton (TBD), with part of the speech decicated to his daughter's memory.

I am not that creative to make this up and pretty much have given every detail I remember as it was explained to me.

GO BILLS!!

P.S. My BMW had a light come on today and is going to the shop tomorrow to get it fixed.

If this were true and your car was really worth what you think, then you would have made an even swap with Ralph by now. Why not let him live out his days with wheels like that? Plus, the next time you shake Turk Schonert's hand, he'll be the dork who is kissing up.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had this passed to me through a BMW / Mercedes driving friend that said Ralph had a change since his beloved daughter had passed before him. Ralph no longer wants to burden his family with this huge future obligation and has realized through indirect professional tax pro's he is dropping the ball not planning this out ahead of time. He will still seek concessions on behalf of the new owners and make those concessions an important part of the deal for the team to go on in Buffalo. He plans on securing his legacy of what he has accomplished and may even make an announcement around his HOF time in Canton (TBD), with part of the speech decicated to his daughter's memory.

I am not that creative to make this up and pretty much have given every detail I remember as it was explained to me.

GO BILLS!!

P.S. My BMW had a light come on today and is going to the shop tomorrow to get it fixed.

Terms of ServiceRules and Guidelines

The do's and don'ts of the TBD message boards...

Welcome to Two Bills Drive (TBD). This board is a place for Bills fans everywhere to discuss the good and bad factors, personalities, and happenings with our favorite team. A wide variety of people read these notes, so proper decorum is required.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use TBD to post any material which is false and defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by TBD.

Two violations which justify removing SKOOBY. :P

Two violations which justify removing SKOOBY. :P

What is Skooby is God and is proven right some day? And you removed him? :w00t::unsure:

If God had a name what would it be?

And would you call it to his face?

If you were faced with Him in all His glory

What would you ask if you had just one question?

1-And yeah, yeah, God is great

Yeah, yeah, God is good

yeah, yeah, yeah-yeah-yeah

What if God was one of us?

Just a slob like one of us

Just a stranger on the bus

Tryin' to make his way home?

If God had a face what would it look like?

And would you want to see if, seeing meant

That you would have to believe in things like heaven

And in Jesus and the saints, and all the prophets?

(repeat 1, 1)

Back up to heaven all alone

No, nobody calling on the phone

No, just tryin' to make his way home

Nobody calling on the phone

'Cept for the Pope maybe in Rome

Crayonz v. SKOOBY.

(Gets popcorn ready)

This should be good.

In Buffalo Bills terms that would be like a QB competition of RJ v. JP.

Also, now that Skoob put this in the print the Bills are doooomed - bye bye Buffalo Bills, hello Oklahoma City Midwesterners.

In Buffalo Bills terms that would be like a QB competition of RJ v. JP.

Also, now that Skoob put this in the print the Bills are doooomed - bye bye Buffalo Bills, hello Oklahoma City Midwesterners.

If that competition had happened, that would have been the result. I almost felt sorry for Skoobie for a while, seemed he wanted to be a decent poster. I do not recommend banning him. I simply advocate putting him on your ignore list. I didn't even do that to VA. CYA Skoob.

Sorry cpabob- he is wrong, his wife WOULD NOT get stepped up basis for an asset transferred via the marriage exemption. I am tired of part time "tax pros" explaining this issue! The operation of the marriage exemption merely DELAYS the application of the estate tax on the basis held by the acquiring spouse- and if your really a cpa you should know that- otherwise your committing mass malpractice.

Wow, I posted this yesterday afternoon and came in this morning to see I got flamed.

Tbone, you are incorrect. Ralph's wife would receive a step up in basis. I never said she would avoid estate tax on the value of the team (or the cash if she sold the team), but she absolutely would not pay income tax on any capital gains unless the team appreciated further from the date of death value if she sold it. You are confusing two entirely separate parts of the tax code (basis rules versus estate taxes). And it is a marital deduction, not a marital exemption. Maybe that is what is confusing you. I don't have time to give you all the citations, so in the immortal words of Marv Levy "look it up Thurman". You may want to be a little more careful (or sure of your facts) when accusing someone of committing mass malpractice, whatever that is.

GO BILLS!!

I hope its still under warranty, I dumped mine a couple thousand b4 it ran out. :censored: