Trent Edwards

I was at the game in AZ, when Trent got his bell rung, as you say. Adrian Wilson crushed him. left him stiff like a UFC knockout. If he stays healthy I think he will be a top 15, maybe a top 10 QB and inline for a big payday. The jury is still out on Trent but I think he will be Buffalos QB for quite a few years to come and will do good things for the Bills.

He should be with the starting recievers he has. If he can't with these guys, than he shouldn't be starting.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need Trent to not lose games for us, just manage them. If Trent Dilfer can get a ring anything is possible.

Dilfer got a ring because his team had one of the greatest defenses in the history of the NFL. I don't think anything on our team is quite close to being the best in the league now, much less in the history of the league. Although, we did sign one of the biggest *ssholes in the history of the league.

I was at the game in AZ, when Trent got his bell rung, as you say. Adrian Wilson crushed him. left him stiff like a UFC knockout. If he stays healthy I think he will be a top 15, maybe a top 10 QB and inline for a big payday. The jury is still out on Trent but I think he will be Buffalos QB for quite a few years to come and will do good things for the Bills.

Totally agree, dude. Trent's got game, and he's still very young. I'm gonna enjoy watching him lift this team again this year, as he did w/ skill in last year's first games before A. Wilson concussed him. All the nay-sayers will always see things as "half empty". I see Trent as a great asset to this team, and as a winner. I'm just sick of the negativity about this kid. I just think he's got "it". Let's Go, Buffalo!!........

Why do you think they are changing his throwing motion?

Maybe because he is YOUNG & STILL DEVELOPING.................you know, like the Bills THIRD Year QB. By the time of the draft next year Tebow will be a VALUED Pick at QB, I would bet on it.

I was watching NFL network and they were talking about Jason Campbell qb of the Redskins. He started off with 8 tds and 0 int. the first eight games and a QB rating of 100. The second half year 5 tds and 6 int. and 70 qb rating. they said he only had 6 int. in over 500 att. They said that tells them that he doesn't throw down field enough. If he threw more down field he be a better qb. Better start than Edwards had first 8 games and second half about the same as Edwards. Campbell doesn't turn the ball over very much 6 int in 500 att. Thats very good. So why do the Redskins want to give up on this kid? Isn't this the same reason people worship Edwards, because he doesn't turn over the ball? And one of the problems they have with Cambell is he doesn't throw down field enough. Doesn't that make him a smart qb? They have Santana Moss who is another Lee Evans. Both starting recievers are 5' 10''. Plus a pretty good te in Chris Cooley. I think a Qb like that is good if you have a great defense. but you can't settle for F.G.s, when the other team is scoring T.Ds. Thats a problem with Edwards can't get us in the endzone. Sure he doesn't turn the ball over but I want T.Ds. He has to take more chances down field.

I was watching NFL network and they were talking about Jason Campbell qb of the Redskins. He started off with 8 tds and 0 int. the first eight games and a QB rating of 100. The second half year 5 tds and 6 int. and 70 qb rating. they said he only had 6 int. in over 500 att. They said that tells them that he doesn't throw down field enough. If he threw more down field he be a better qb. Better start than Edwards had first 8 games and second half about the same as Edwards. Campbell doesn't turn the ball over very much 6 int in 500 att. Thats very good. So why do the Redskins want to give up on this kid? Isn't this the same reason people worship Edwards, because he doesn't turn over the ball? And one of the problems they have with Cambell is he doesn't throw down field enough. Doesn't that make him a smart qb? They have Santana Moss who is another Lee Evans. Both starting recievers are 5' 10''. Plus a pretty good te in Chris Cooley. I think a Qb like that is good if you have a great defense. but you can't settle for F.G.s, when the other team is scoring T.Ds. Thats a problem with Edwards can't get us in the endzone. Sure he doesn't turn the ball over but I want T.Ds. He has to take more chances down field.

Edwards "can't get us into the end zone"? Well, I'll have to say true enough mostly so far. But, out of aprox 18 starts, about 3 or 4 have been in blizzard or 50 mph wind games. He's had no TE, and no center, and poor coaching. And he STILL has a winning record, w/ a bad defense. I think the kid is going to be smokin' good. Just give him a chance. My worry is still at LOLB and (ugh) Kelsay. Keep the faith, kids, you've gotta Billieve!........

Edwards "can't get us into the end zone"? Well, I'll have to say true enough mostly so far. But, out of aprox 18 starts, about 3 or 4 have been in blizzard or 50 mph wind games. He's had no TE, and no center, and poor coaching. And he STILL has a winning record, w/ a bad defense. I think the kid is going to be smokin' good. Just give him a chance. My worry is still at LOLB and (ugh) Kelsay. Keep the faith, kids, you've gotta Billieve!........

:oops:

How does he have a winning record? I thought they're 11 players on offense and defense. I thought this is a team sport. Can we put down the total win, lost records of the teams we beat when he was a starting QB since his rookie year. You'll find out that we won those games, because we had better overall talent. That funny, everytime I here about his won and lost record.

How does he have a winning record? I thought they're 11 players on offense and defense. I thought this is a team sport. Can we put down the total win, lost records of the teams we beat when he was a starting QB since his rookie year. You'll find out that we won those games, because we had better overall talent. That funny, everytime I here about his won and lost record.

So how do you explain JP Losman's record with those very same players and coaching staff?

JP Losman in 2007-2008: 2-7

Trent Edwards in 2007-2008:12-11

This is about as close to a controlled experiment as you're going to get in team sports...manipulating one variable.

So how do you explain JP Losman's record with those very same players and coaching staff?

This is about as close to a controlled experiment as you're going to get in team sports...manipulating one variable.

It is going to take some fans 3 or 4 years for some fans to stop defending Losman. That's what happened with RJ. As for Flbillsfan, it might take a decade or more for the anger (now directed at Trent) to subside. In fact, it now looks as though it might never go away. :)

If you noticed, I am through with Losman posts; I have been for a while.

I think that if Trent stays healthy, he will be a good quarterback. Despite the complaints of flbillsfan, he IS accurate, and his arm is decent enough. Trent is a big kid as well and he is even a better runner than I initially thought. Most of all, he is smart.

Now, none of the above is necessarily correct. He might be out of football in a year waiting by the phone with no suitors. I hope not, because we truly do need him to pick up his game and bring us some wins, a tall task with bumbling Jauron calling the shots.

I think he can do it, but I also thought that RJ would be a top caliber qb in this league so beware. :oops:

It is going to take some fans 3 or 4 years for some fans to stop defending Losman. That's what happened with RJ. As for Flbillsfan, it might take a decade or more for the anger (now directed at Trent) to subside. In fact, it now looks as though it might never go away. :)

I think that if Trent stays healthy, he will be a good quarterback. Despite the complaints of flbillsfan, he IS accurate, and his arm is decent enough. Trent is a big kid as well and he is even a better runner than I initially thought. Most of all, he is smart.

Now, none of the above is necessarily correct. He might be out of football in a year waiting by the phone with no suitors. I hope not, because we truly do need him to pick up his game and bring us some wins, a tall task with bumbling Jauron calling the shots.

I think he can do it, but I also thought that RJ would be a top caliber qb in this league so beware. :oops:

Hey Bill. I'm grudgingly shedding my Pollyanna goggles vis-a-vis Jauron. I'm not ready to toss him into the ash heap of history at this point, but probably will be by the end of the season if I see another parade of "WTLFs". There are times I can't have the kids in the room with me.

As for Edwards, I'll go out on a limb and say that this kid's a thoroughbred. Like you, I thought Losman was Stabler. Two games sealed that for me - Jacksonville a couple of years ago, and the Jets game last year (although that wasn't all JP's fault, let's be fair....but Jesus, just drop to the carpet, just drop to the carpet, just drop to the carpet.....).

Mark my words. If our new guards and center can hold the center of the line, life's going to get interesting.

Mark my words. If our new guards and center can hold the center of the line, life's going to get interesting.

Absolutely, and it will start with the running game.

OK.....I plead guilty of being old school wrt football. However, I once again state that cold weather teams and warm weather and or dome teams should not be built in the same fashion. I have been to lots of Bills games, and at times passing was barely an option......for either team!

This is why the Bills needed to draft these 2 monster Guards. Believe me, I am still shocked. I know that Jauron had to draft his obligatory 3 dbs but still, drafting these guards was exactly what we needed to do.

Who knows, maybe next year they will get a couple of DTs. At least now I feel like there is some chance of Bills management building a team of big strong guys, instead of primarily focusing on little defensive backs and gadget players.

Absolutely, and it will start with the running game.

OK.....I plead guilty of being old school wrt football. However, I once again state that cold weather teams and warm weather and or dome teams should not be built in the same fashion. I have been to lots of Bills games, and at times passing was barely an option......for either team!

This is why the Bills needed to draft these 2 monster Guards. Believe me, I am still shocked. I know that Jauron had to draft his obligatory 3 dbs but still, drafting these guards was exactly what we needed to do.

Who knows, maybe next year they will get a couple of DTs. At least now I feel like there is some chance of Bills management building a team of big strong guys, instead of primarily focusing on little defensive backs and gadget players.

I'll hold my breath until I see them run-block. I'm just hoping that they can hold back Jenkins and Wilfork in the pass rush.

I hear you on the DTs. Stroud - A. Williams - B McCargo - Incomplete Ronald McDonald - Our next star

"Bargain" - The Who

You say you are through with the Losman posts, yet you bring him up in this post. He is no longer a Bill, so it would be ASININE for you to keep bashing him...............................yet you do. The only anger I have had about JP is at posters like you that have mercilessly bashed JP, refusing to hear any excuses for him, yet offering up PLENTY of excuses for Trent. Unlike you with JP, I have no animosity towards Trent. I hope he has a Pro Bowl season in 09. I am just not sold on a guy that only put up 11 TD's last year.

Now lets put down W and L records of the teams each guy started againts.

Edwards 2007 64 wins and 80 lost

Edwards 2008 85 wins and 123 lost

total 149 wins and 203 lost "impressive"

Losman 2007 68 wins and 44 lost

Losman 2008 20 wins and 12 lost

total 88 wins and 56 lost

Sounds like with the same overall talent for both QBs, Edwards had a better oppurtunity to win games than Losman. I'm talking with the same coach and talent on field. Maybe thats why Edwards was 12-11 as a starter. I still don't understand how you can give QBs win and lost record when its a team sport.

Guest dog14787

We called it chrose because there was no exact way to describe how someone so young could display so much confidence and control at what is clearly the hardest team position to play both physically and mentally in all of sports, starting QB in the National Football league. Trent Edwards, from the very first time he stepped onto a football field up until now has shown steadfast courage and determination in his quest to carry the Buffalo Bills back to the perennial powerhouse it once was in the Glory days of Jim(Machine Gun)Kelly and Thurmal warfare.

Some say a QB doesn't win ball games, I say he does, just like Eli Manning won the Superbowl a couple of years back and then you have his brother Peyton of course, just like Brady has won a few Superbowl's then you have the play of Big Ben in last years Superbowl. So when you tell me QB's don't win ball games, sorry folks, I'm not buying it. We just went through one of the worst stretches in Bills history that I can remember, anyone care to guess the main reason why we have struggled? The QB, that's right, and just to prove a point try to remember this post and then you look at our Head Coach, our schedule, the hard division we play in, all the young players around him and you tell me a year or two from now how this team turned the corner.

I'm not making any bold predictions this year especially after what happened last season, but I'll say what I have said all along, Trent Edwards is a Championship caliber QB in the makings and he's on a mission.

Now lets put down W and L records of the teams each guy started againts.

Edwards 2007 64 wins and 80 lost

Edwards 2008 85 wins and 123 lost

total 149 wins and 203 lost "impressive"

Losman 2007 68 wins and 44 lost

Losman 2008 20 wins and 12 lost

total 88 wins and 56 lost

Sounds like with the same overall talent for both QBs, Edwards had a better oppurtunity to win games than Losman. I'm talking with the same coach and talent on field. Maybe thats why Edwards was 12-11 as a starter. I still don't understand how you can give QBs win and lost record when its a team sport.

Do ya think it should be taken into account that Trent was a rookie in 07?

Grab Tebow in next year's draft. In fact, draft him whether TE flops or not. Whichever NFL team lands TT will reap the benefits for years.

Marketh my words.

can you imagine starting all over again at quarterback? this is the bills last shot in buffalo to win anything.. after this group, ralph will pass and the team will certainly move out of WNY.. so you better hope TE can be great soon....